How To Rollback Fallout 4 Version (Steam)

DiabloInvictus

I

I did all the above and I still crash before it even gets started.... :confused:

Okay, let's see what we can do.... :smile:

Tell me, step by step, what precisely have you done...?

I downloaded those three files and replaced them into my game folder and capitalized the letters as instructed...

I swapped the files out instead of overwriting them....

OK, I went back and double checked.....I didn't change the dashes between this file Fallout4 - Interface.ba2 and it was still like this Fallout4---Interface.ba2

Thankyou for responding...!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I went back and double checked.....I didn't change the dashes between this file Fallout4 - Interface.ba2 and it was still like this Fallout4---Interface.ba2

Thankyou for responding...!

Excellent! That's great news. Glad it's working.... :)

The game launches then crashes after a few seconds.

Same for me, the main menu flashes and then crashes almost immediately. I did this before months ago and it worked fine, I'm trying to revert back to the March 13 build. Is there an extra step that's missing?

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for this. It has saved me a couple times after some unfortunate accidents with Steam. I appreciate your thoroughness in the documentation, too. It's not just a "go here, copy this, you're done" thing. It's a proper technical document, and as a technical writer by trade, I know and appreciate the time you took to do this properly. Thanks again.

For those who are having problems with the game booting and then crashing:

It appears there was an update to the Master files as well with the most recent update. I have a backup copy of the Master files that I cleaned some time back. I just copied and pasted them into the Data folder and it started up just fine. Hopefully you've made backups of your Master files. I suggest copying the over and see if that works.

• 2 months later...

I apologize if this is a necro, but I don't know where else to ask.

I need version 1.10.138 and I cannot figure out how to get it, or what date it was first uploaded. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Hi sunegami. I'm sorry to hear about this. But I'm also sorry to say that unless you have a backup of those files already, we can't help you out. Bethesda/Steam aren't distributing those files any longer, so there's no legal way to get them. :(

Also, the nexus has a very strict anti-piracy policy so other than from Bethesda or their authorized vendors would be against the rules here.