Syria

TheMastersSon

I only started reading this post to see if it got any attention from people who would actually have a bit of power in the House or the Senate. Or maybe still, the President might get uptight or upset that someone is fingering him from far away in a place that Once Upon a Time had powers of magic an mayhem that was stirred up by the Old Kingdom.

Years ago I decided to stop posting in Huffpo's forums for that first reason, and it was easily one of my most surreal experiences. I don't begin to have any answers either, I mean final answers to any problem, and we (my family pointed this out to me, I didn't even notice it at the time) stopped counting at five the number of times I made suggestions in posts that were followed the very next day by those exact suggestions in our Senate. I started to actually believe they were taking at least some of their direction from a middle-aged gamer sitting in a bedroom in the middle of the Sierra Nevadas. I still believe it was simply coincidence btw, none of my suggestions were new (well, a few were). :smile:

That coincidence?!

If I may suggest. When you have such a consideration I think that it's like food for thought you get. Try seasoning it with ideas and see what you get.

Hey!

If you realize more from it, it might expose what really adds more seasoning.

Here's how my psychotic mind is thinking. It may help you recall something of worth that your youthful mind laid on the back burner for a time until you thought it would some day serve better. If and when you recall it you may find what really is what we call worth; when it finally can be added to the bill making your life a bit better governing your house and home life with a tiny tweak that could change the way you live; for the better.

A rule I remembers is this. Always test a theory within our own walls before sharing it. Our family, is known to save us from our follies on occasions.

I remind myself of this especially so, so the fool we all know, doesn't lose his job as jester to a better one. :wink: There is no better fool then an old fool.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why I just had this thought. It seems as though you find at first what intrigues you to think about when thinking of it you think of posting it here. The energy you get charges you up to write about it.

A class I took in college taught us to do something like that. When we finish we were told to reread, then if necessary edit, check spelling, put it aside for an hour, reread, edit etc.

If we are happy with the final paper we submitted it.

It's coincidence, I realized, how much I repeated that you already said in the post I quoted of your words above. Some respectfully repeat your words in another way.

I'd like to get back on topic, if the Syria current situation continues escalating none of this matters imo.

Meanwhile some apparently good news from Korea:

http://time.com/5232582/kim-jong-un-dunclearization-trump/

Amazing what's possible with a little diplomacy, has Assad ever refused a negotiation talk with the U.S. in his life? As recently as last year he's claimed to be open to negotiations on not only anything but "everything":

http://www.newsweek.com/bashar-al-assad-says-he-ready-negotiate-everything-new-peace-talks-540311

The article partially touches on the conflict issues in Syria, from it and all other reading I think most Syrians view Assad as someone other than a person who sets off WMDs in his own country. Apparently at least some "pressure" (i.e. terrorism) for his demise is coming from Saudi Arabia. If anyone remembers, it's the same country that brought us 15 of the 19 911 assailants.

Here's a more recent article on the talks with more background info. Assad has been babysitting the same factional infighting that has plagued Muslim countries moreless continuously for the last 1400 years:

https://thepeninsulaqatar.com/article/29/11/2017/Assad-negotiators-arrive-at-Syria-peace-talks

Also for a laugh, has anyone yet asked Trump to explain his exit strategy for Syria? If who or what replaces Assad is anything like what replaced Hussein in Iraq, or even Qaddafi in Libya etc etc, his removal should be at or near the very bottom of our priority list imo.

Edited by TheMastersSon

I'd like to get back on topic, if the Syria current situation continues escalating none of this matters imo.

Meanwhile some apparently good news from Korea:

Amazing what's possible with a little diplomacy, has Assad ever refused a negotiation talk with the U.S. in his life? As recently as last year he's claimed to be open to negotiations on not only anything but "everything":

http://www.newsweek.com/bashar-al-assad-says-he-ready-negotiate-everything-new-peace-talks-540311

The article partially touches on the conflict issues in Syria, from it and all other reading I think most Syrians view Assad as someone other than a person who sets off WMDs in his own country. Apparently at least some "pressure" (i.e. terrorism) for his demise is coming from Saudi Arabia. If anyone remembers, it's the same country that brought us 15 of the 19 911 assailants.

Here's a more recent article on the talks with more background info. Assad has been babysitting the same factional infighting that has plagued Muslim countries moreless continuously for the last 1400 years:

https://thepeninsulaqatar.com/article/29/11/2017/Assad-negotiators-arrive-at-Syria-peace-talks

Also for a laugh, has anyone yet asked Trump to explain his exit strategy for Syria? If who or what replaces Assad is anything like what replaced Hussein in Iraq, or even Qaddafi in Libya etc etc, his removal should be at or near the very bottom of our priority list imo.

I can't count the number of times we have had an 'agreement' with NK, about the disposition of the weapons programs. Lil Kim is just following in the footsteps of his predecessors. Belligerence, Talks, Concessions, Quiet for a while, then right back to belligerence. We have seen this dance so often, it's a wonder anyone with any sense pays it any attention at all. NK plays us like a cheap fiddle, and we go right along with it. They think we are beyond stupid, and looking at past history, it is very easy to see just how they would get that impression.

As for Syria, or, the Middle East in general, we don't do 'exit strategies'. We are there forever. We blow stuff up ourselves, then send folks in to rebuild it, so someone else can blow it up. We replace functioning governments, however distasteful we may find them, with non-functional governments. We take countries that are contained, and relatively at peace, and turn them into terrorist training grounds, complete with real americans to shoot at/blow up. We make the same mistakes over and over again, and seem completely incapable of learning anything from them. Doesn't matter which party is in control, they all do the exact same thing. The only folks profiting from it, are the arms dealers, and funeral directors. Is it any wonder that most folks in the ME hate us? Our track record there flat out sucks. Our foreign policy in the ME seems to believe that the folks there want the same things we do, and that simply is NOT the case. The issues there are apparently WELL beyond the understanding of anyone in our government...... Heck, our government doesn't even understand the people right here at home. That doesn't pay as well as catering to the military-industrial complex.....

Just to put Syria into perspective, ask yourself one very simple question: If you, from the western world, absolutely had to live in Syria, where in Syria would you choose to live? Would you choose to live in a rebel held area under the control of armed Jihadists fighting to replace the Assad government with a Sunni controlled Islamic theocracy, or would you choose to live in Damascus under the control of a secular Assad Government?

Not a difficult question to answer for me.

Just to put Syria into perspective, ask yourself one very simple question: If you, from the western world, absolutely had to live in Syria, where in Syria would you choose to live? Would you choose to live in a rebel held area under the control of armed Jihadists fighting to replace the Assad government with a Sunni controlled Islamic theocracy, or would you choose to live in Damascus under the control of a secular Assad Government?

Not a difficult question to answer for me.

As it has also not been a difficult question for the Syrians to answer. They have either done one of two things for the most part. Some fled the conflict entirely numbering about 5 million outside the country or they have fled to Gov't controlled areas and number over 7 million. In the jihadist controlled areas there has never been any refugee camps of any sort. I think that says far more about this conflict than anything you will hear on CNN or BBC or any mainstream media. Because it doesn't fit the narrative , they have made him out to be some kinda monster intent on killing his own people , yet the majority of them are actually taking refuge in areas he controls , but you will never hear about that because that doesn't make sense to the narrative they (MSM) have created. And by the end of this year they expect anywhere from 100,000 to possibly 400,000 to return from those same refugee camps outside the country to areas where the Gov't has driven out the jihadist forces.

The first thing to die in war is truth and people should remember that when listening to anything anyone on TV says.

I should have qualified my earlier question, Assad has refused plenty of negotiation offers with the U.S., because all of these offers included the demise of his regime as a precondition for settlement. Meanwhile nobody in Syria including Assad and from published news articles seems to even know who should represent the regime's opposition in settlement talks, I think it's why he's concerned about foreign interference by Saudi Arabia, Britain and France etc. Edited by TheMastersSon

I should have qualified my earlier question, Assad has refused plenty of negotiation offers with the U.S., because all of these offers included the demise of his regime as a precondition for settlement. Meanwhile nobody in Syria including Assad and from published news articles seems to even know who should represent the regime's opposition in settlement talks, I think it's why he's concerned about foreign interference by Saudi Arabia, Britain and France etc.

The major problem there is, there are too many 'opposition' factions, and even THEY can't decide on what they actually want. "Assad gone" is on the list, but, after that, they don't have a clue.

Personally, I think deposing Assad, and then the folks that LIVE THERE not having a decided upon plan, is only going to perpetuate the civil war, if not intensify it.