Anyway to keep the dashboard setup fixed ?

sopmac45

This is something aesthesic probably but If I setup my dashboard to a certain order, it does not keep that arrange since the next time I log in to Vortex, I need to do it again.

Is there anyway to tell Vortex to keep the order I want unless I decide otherwise ? If not, please let me know and I will add the feedback via the proper channel so perhaps it is implemented in future releases.

Thanks, :cool:

Which version of Vortex are you running? Vortex should remember the order in which items are arranged but a problem in past versions was that when you start it up as a premium user, the "Go Premium" widget would show up, rearranged the layout, then the account gets validated, the go premium widget gets removed and everything moves again.

But this should have been fixed a couple of updates ago

.... thanks for responding Tannin ... I am running version 0.15.7 ... what you see in the screen shot is the way I would like Vortex to display when I log in but it does not keep that order.

… I logged off and logged back in and now it is displaying in a different way …

… let me know if you want me to add this to Vortex feedback.

Thanks for your help Tannin. :cool:

While I do not deny that some users have a genuine problem with v. 0.15.7 in regard to a fixed dashboard display, I am not able to replicate this problem on my computer. Each time I log in, my custom dashboard setup is always the same.

Using 0.15.7 here too, and my Vortex loads up the exact same way every single time, no randomness here.

@sopmac45 do you have Advanced Mode and Enable Profile Management enabled?

Also, what do you have "Multi-User Mode" set to? I have mine set to "Shared"

Hi HadToRegister,

Thanks for helping. I do have enabled Profile Management and I switched to "Shared" as you mentioned. Also I have Advanced Mode Enabled and Custom Window Titlebar active ... and still does not keep the dashboard display I chose.

My active dashlets are :

- Starter

- Nexus Account

- Issues

- ARC Support

... everything else is deactivated. Don't know what else to do and I guess it is not a big deal if it does continues changing my display.

Using 0.15.7 here too, and my Vortex loads up the exact same way every single time, no randomness here.

@sopmac45 do you have Advanced Mode and Enable Profile Management enabled?

Also, what do you have "Multi-User Mode" set to? I have mine set to "Shared"

Hi HadToRegister,

Thanks for helping. I do have enabled Profile Management and I switched to "Shared" as you mentioned. Also I have Advanced Mode Enabled and Custom Window Titlebar active ... and still does not keep the dashboard display I chose.

My active dashlets are :

- Starter

- Nexus Account

- Issues

- ARC Support

... everything else is deactivated. Don't know what else to do and I guess it is not a big deal if it does continues changing my display.

OK, then my guess is the file that stores preferences is set to READY ONLY, and that's why none of the changes stick.

WHERE that file is, is beyond me though.

It could be a permission issue if you have vortex installed in the Program Files folder, so maybe Vortex won't write to the folder.

That's why I NEVER install anything into Program Files if I have the option not to do so.

My copy of Vortex is installed in Program Files, and I am not experiencing any problems with Vortex as a result of that. In the case of my custom dashboard setup, it works the way it's supposed to work, in spite of (or maybe because of?) being installed in Program Files.

@sopmac45. I genuinely wish I could offer you some helpful suggestions, but I'm as baffled by your problem as you are.

@HadToRegister. While many people over the years have reported serious and legitimate problems with installing to Program Files, I myself have never experienced these problems. Why that's the case, I don't know. However, from Windows 7 on, I have regularly installed to Program Files with no significant problems resulting.

Anyway, I'm absolutely not trying to start a debate here about installing to Program Files. I'm simply reporting what my experience has been in the hope that it might be of some help to sopmac45.