An independent New Vegas mod.

devinpatterson

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry to ask,

no worries

but is this finished or uploaded somewhere? The first post was 8 years ago.

I couldn't find the files that are Gdrive links in this thread (the mediafire ones you see listed in the thread are probably still active). They're probably still on one of my pc's or drives laying about, so I'll try to hunt them down.

But what I'm curious about is what peeps would like to see in general. I like the story component as described in this thread, but I'm focusing more on near term projects.

For example;

Home personalization of the lucky 38, including the option of DLC items/creatures in the suite (ie toaster of doom, DOOOOOOOOM, in your kitchen).

Seucritron control (advanced directives to your bots).

Changes to teh strip/hoover (and other appropriate areas).

etc.....

What would you like Jonesenoj? I like FONV and I'd like to give the illusion it's a growing, breathing world that changes after the 2nd battle of Hoover.

To be completely honest, I just want a simple mod that allows you to build and manage a small community, preferably wild west style.

A small mod like that for starters would be great, it can then evolve into something greater, even the vast and mighty NCR started from once single village, Shady Sands. Even the great and powerful legion started as a single tribe.

I was trying to make a small mod but my lack of expertise quickly put everything on hold. What I tried to do was based mainly on fallout shelter, you start of building a house, a farm and so on.. be able to equip you settlers with what you want, trade with other communities in the Mojave, or even wage war.

I know what I'm saying sounds alot like RTS Real Time Settler mod, but the difference would be in practicality, RTS throws mechanics at you that aren't needed to allow the player to have fun, also in the end it looks more of a refugee camp than an actual settlement.

But whatever you make, as you spend time and effort, I'll be thankful for it.

I'm sorry to ask,

no worries

So thats how it is ... you just start over ?

I never said I quit ... just that the 8 cell blocks by 3 cell block area I made ... wasn't going to work ... because of cell depth (uGridsToLoad)

I have it working good at 11 ... might could work at 15 ? But that arena doesn't matter anymore.

You're not interested in making anything ... just talking about it .

I was just another sucker in a long line ... as this thread will surely prove .

So thats how it is ... you just start over ?

That's a weirdly aggressive and consfused response. Where did you get the mistaken idea that I was starting over?

I will continue to inquire of players what they want to see in an extension to an end game mod.....because I want to know what other peeps would enjoy. I make mods for my own amusement, but mostly I make em for others.

I never said I quit ... just that the 8 cell blocks by 3 cell block area I made ... wasn't going to work

your last post;

So here we are finding out that I don't think we can feasibly marry our 2 mod visions together.

At least not without my content being nothing more than a clunky shoe horned addition.

Which I don't think either one of us wants that ?

Not that I thought you we're quitting on the RTS mod, just that integration with this mod wasn't the best fit (at least not the arena aspect) and that's my thoughts as well.

You're not interested in making anything ... just talking about it .

Actually I'v made about 30 published mods, and probably fulfilled over a 100 requests that I haven't published. If that's "not interested in making anything" to you, that's your opinion and you're of course welcome to it, but that "accusation" really doesnt' have any impact on me or my work.

The stuff I make is strictly determined by my free time and energy level. I like the world obsidian has created and I wish I had more time to explore and create within it. However I don't have any extra time due to the quarantine.....if anything I'm actually a little busier :sad:

I was just another sucker in a long line ... as this thread will surely prove .

I could make a flippant response (ie decaff or butthurt etc) to lighten the mood but I'm not exactly sure where your headspace is at, so humor might not defuse the situation...... it might even make it worse.

I can tell you unequivocally that I'd rather be modding than doing the mundane activities to make ends meet, but that's just not my reality right now.

As far as you feeling like a sucker, that too strikes me as a bizarre statement. I don't believe I came to you soliciting your help or promised a timeline of releases, so I'm not really sure how I could have "suckered" you. Your post seems weirdly aggressive, but hey, you do you.

I do think the RTS aspect has value to this mod as an alternative format to the small battles campaign, but I agree with your previous post that the arena aspect is " clunky shoe horned addition" when tied to this mod.

I don't expect your mod(s) to conform to my personal expectations.....to do so would strike me as an odd assumption at best. Instead I'd assume you will progress at your own pace as is appropriate, and that you know best how to go about putting together your own creation while juggling that with real life.

As for this mod, I'll try to put more time into it, but it really is wholly dependent on how busy I am in RL.