Official Vortex Beta Release

Dark0ne

In response to post #70362773.

TheGreatFalro wrote:

In response to post #70358178.

1ae0bfb8 wrote:

i didn't insult you, you took offence to my sarcastic response to your post of total rubbish.

i would help you, genuinely, if you bothered to post this in the vortex support forum, but you don't want help, you already declared you're using another mod manager, so run along, use that, and save the nonsense about it not supporting a game that it obviously does support. all that does is make you look ... how can i say this without you taking offence?... wrong?

much love my friend.

if it supported the game i would not have posted ....

i have more games than Bethesda games and surprisingly enough they don't use MO/MO2(Witcher 3 for example)i would like to trust/learn use this manager but if it cant support one of the biggest titles in games with fallout 4(going off personal experience) how can i trust it will actually work for ANY game?

Screenshot for any who don't believe
https://imgur.com/a/DP2zaUg

If you read the whole message, you'll see that it says that "Symlink Deployment" is incompatible with FO4, not Vortex. You can change to another deployment method in Vortex's settings; the best one would be "Hardlink Deployment". Be aware that that requires the Mod Staging Folder (also found in Settings) to be on the same drive as the game.

I recommend reading through the in-app documentation before proceeding, as Vortex works a lot differently than other mod managers, especially NMM.

thanks for the info!

but that's a stupid design choice(managers are meant to make things easier not harder) not that it matters between it failing to work out the box and now the fanboy i've been enjoying speaking with has killed all interest in this "manager" that appears to way more trouble than its worth

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest deleted34304850

not a fanboi - there you go again with the name calling - does that make you feel good about yourself? just proof that what i was saying was 100% correct and you didn't invest any time in trying to learn how to use it.

my work here is done. remember if you want vortex support - go to the forum - there are some very nice people there who can help you - but ultimately - you need to help yourself first.

In response to post #70362773. #70365408 is also a reply to the same post.

TheGreatFalro wrote:

1ae0bfb8 wrote:

i didn't insult you, you took offence to my sarcastic response to your post of total rubbish.

i would help you, genuinely, if you bothered to post this in the vortex support forum, but you don't want help, you already declared you're using another mod manager, so run along, use that, and save the nonsense about it not supporting a game that it obviously does support. all that does is make you look ... how can i say this without you taking offence?... wrong?

much love my friend.

i have more games than Bethesda games and surprisingly enough they don't use MO/MO2(Witcher 3 for example)i would like to trust/learn use this manager but if it cant support one of the biggest titles in games with fallout 4(going off personal experience) how can i trust it will actually work for ANY game?

If you read the whole message, you'll see that it says that "Symlink Deployment" is incompatible with FO4, not Vortex. You can change to another deployment method in Vortex's settings; the best one would be "Hardlink Deployment". Be aware that that requires the Mod Staging Folder (also found in Settings) to be on the same drive as the game.

I recommend reading through the in-app documentation before proceeding, as Vortex works a lot differently than other mod managers, especially NMM.

Gygax82 wrote: thanks for the info!

but that's a stupid design choice(managers are meant to make things easier not harder) not that it matters between it failing to work out the box and now the fanboy i've been enjoying speaking with has killed all interest in this "manager" that appears to way more trouble than its worth

Vortex isn't meant to be the be-all end-all absolute best manager for everyone always. If you find it too difficult to use, feel free to use any other manager of your choice.

In response to post #70366028.

1ae0bfb8 wrote:

not a fanboi - there you go again with the name calling - does that make you feel good about yourself? just proof that what i was saying was 100% correct and you didn't invest any time in trying to learn how to use it.

my work here is done. remember if you want vortex support - go to the forum - there are some very nice people there who can help you - but ultimately - you need to help yourself first.

if a tool does not work straight out of the box its not much of damn tool is it? i want to actually mod then play the game not spend 5 hours setting up a tool that is supposed to make thing easier....

so your not a fanboy good!
i'll retract that one and admit i was wrong there
i still think the managers more trouble than its worth after looking into it more....why the hell do i need to write "custom rules" no other mod manager i know of besides vortex demands this insanity and what happens when your mod list hits 250+(with esl files this is easily possible) you spend days modding the game then days writing rules to the point where you loose all interest no thanks after reading that and the issues of not being usable straight out of the box its going to be hard pass from me ...which is odd considering the guy who made this made MO and the early versions of MO2
how the great have fallen

Guest deleted34304850

that's just it - it DOES work out of the box. You'd know this if you invested time but you didn't.

And now you're on to rules - I have a fully modded fallout 4 - over 200 mods a mix of esm, esl and esp. i have 3 custom rules for my mod selection. that's it.

Seriously don't make stuff up because you're really on a hiding to nothing here. As i said if you have a problem with vortex open a ticket and get help - you're just sat there saying "x is wrong" when it isn't "okay y is wrong" when it isn't.

You can keep arguing, but you're always going to be wrong. Do you just want the last word or something?

In response to post #70367913.

1ae0bfb8 wrote:

that's just it - it DOES work out of the box. You'd know this if you invested time but you didn't.

And now you're on to rules - I have a fully modded fallout 4 - over 200 mods a mix of esm, esl and esp. i have 3 custom rules for my mod selection. that's it.

Seriously don't make stuff up because you're really on a hiding to nothing here. As i said if you have a problem with vortex open a ticket and get help - you're just sat there saying "x is wrong" when it isn't "okay y is wrong" when it isn't.

You can keep arguing, but you're always going to be wrong. Do you just want the last word or something?

Nope pointless arguing with a wall.... enjoy your perfect tool that adds more steps than needed and increases the complexity of an already at times complex process

one last thing you have done a fantastic job of driving me away from ever using vortex truly an outstanding job! give yourself a pat on the back(just don't dislocate a shoulder...not cause i give a damn i just don't want you blaming me )

In response to post #70362773. #70365408, #70367743 are all replies on the same post.

TheGreatFalro wrote:

1ae0bfb8 wrote:

much love my friend.

TheGreatFalro wrote: Vortex isn't meant to be the be-all end-all absolute best manager for everyone always. If you find it too difficult to use, feel free to use any other manager of your choice.

its not too difficult.... its damn stupid with a bunch of "design" ideas that should have been scrapped at concept
default setting that don't work surely an intelligent search parameter that auto switches between linkages would have made sense? it can already search and find the games so why not switch link types when it finds games that use certain ones?)

then there is this lunacy of custom rules who though that was good idea?....
a manager that takes more time to make work and play nice is not an improvement not even over NMM which (never thought i'd have anything nice to say about NMM!)

i'll find workarounds and other managers that work and avoid this leper of a manager(partly due to my experience with it and party from the first responder effectively calling me stupid with that PEBCAK quip....personally i would have used PICNIC at least its a real word and not the sound a three year old makes when they choke on fresh air)

In response to post #70362773. #70365408, #70367743, #70369783 are all replies on the same post.

TheGreatFalro wrote:

1ae0bfb8 wrote:

much love my friend.

TheGreatFalro wrote: Vortex isn't meant to be the be-all end-all absolute best manager for everyone always. If you find it too difficult to use, feel free to use any other manager of your choice.
Gygax82 wrote: its not too difficult.... its damn stupid with a bunch of "design" ideas that should have been scrapped at concept
default setting that don't work surely an intelligent search parameter that auto switches between linkages would have made sense? it can already search and find the games so why not switch link types when it finds games that use certain ones?)

then there is this lunacy of custom rules who though that was good idea?....
a manager that takes more time to make work and play nice is not an improvement not even over NMM which (never thought i'd have anything nice to say about NMM!)

i'll find workarounds and other managers that work and avoid this leper of a manager(partly due to my experience with it and party from the first responder effectively calling me stupid with that PEBCAK quip....personally i would have used PICNIC at least its a real word and not the sound a three year old makes when they choke on fresh air)

Ok.

Guest deleted34304850

1ae0bfb8 wrote:

Nope pointless arguing with a wall.... enjoy your perfect tool that adds more steps than needed and increases the complexity of an already at times complex process

one last thing you have done a fantastic job of driving me away from ever using vortex truly an outstanding job! give yourself a pat on the back(just don't dislocate a shoulder...not cause i give a damn i just don't want you blaming me )

again with the fallacies. i don't think you can help it, can you?

vortex does not add more steps than needed that sentence makes no sense at all and shows yet again that you have no idea what you're talking about. - it adds all the steps required for it to mod your game. there are no unnecessary steps, that would be asinine (look it up).

you don't like vortex - fine - i care less - but why would you spread lie after lie after lie about it? what do you gain from that apart from a reputation as a bit of a jerk?

i wish you well in your gaming. much love my friend.

In response to post #70375313.

1ae0bfb8 wrote:

1ae0bfb8 wrote:

again with the fallacies. i don't think you can help it, can you?

vortex does not add more steps than needed that sentence makes no sense at all and shows yet again that you have no idea what you're talking about. - it adds all the steps required for it to mod your game. there are no unnecessary steps, that would be asinine (look it up).

you don't like vortex - fine - i care less - but why would you spread lie after lie after lie about it? what do you gain from that apart from a reputation as a bit of a jerk?

i wish you well in your gaming. much love my friend.

i don't care what you say
custom rules ARE an extra step thats never been required before

i don't want your love i don't need it keep it and give it to vortex