Respect censorship or to not respect censorship?

pricelessppp

Hmmm this story about this Thor character sounds familiar .

Like you mentioned you thought I was him or similar to him before ?

But I guess after writing and reading enough posts here ... a lot things might start to sound familiar ? I have trouble myself because the other half of my Fallout forums posting was done on the old Beth forums that were very similar to this one.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alrighties ... now you perturbed me enough to jog some memory jangles ... and start asking questions like ...

What the heck does the Original Poster mean about ... Respect or Not Respect censorship ?

Censorship is a part of life ... and exists on many various levels.

If you want to be part of a particular circle in life ... then you WILL respect its censorship.

Otherwise ... don't respect it , and live life outside that circle. Period ... Done !!!

And here is a novel idea ... make your own circle and censor it :P

• 2 months later...

I will respect censorship when we will censor all censorship. You can't have both freedom of speech and censorship. We all know where it starts and we should by now have a pretty good idea where it will end.

• 3 months later...

Should censorship be respected or not respected online or in public places? Why do people deny censorship & yet it happens? I got a 30 dang day ban from face-book for talking about air-soft BB pistols. I think that is silly.

I agree, that's stupid. FB has gone WAY too politically correct.

But, it's situational. In your example, that's just idiotic. (on FB's part.)

Yeah. I know what you mean. They're doing this censorship crap on here too. I posted a Skyrim SE meme with my character and a picture of Anita Sarkeesian and not even 10 minutes later, my post gets flagged and removed by two Nexus admins. This censorship crap is bullshit. What happened to free speech you ask? Well good Dark Knight sir, here on this century it doesn't exist anymore.

....Mmmmmhmmmm...... :mad:

Should censorship be respected or not respected online or in public places? Why do people deny censorship & yet it happens? I got a 30 dang day ban from face-book for talking about air-soft BB pistols. I think that is silly.

I agree, that's stupid. FB has gone WAY too politically correct.

But, it's situational. In your example, that's just idiotic. (on FB's part.)

Yeah. I know what you mean. They're doing this censorship crap on here too. I posted a Skyrim SE meme with my character and a picture of Anita Sarkeesian and not even 10 minutes later, my post gets flagged and removed by two Nexus admins. This censorship crap is bulls***. What happened to free speech you ask? Well good Dark Knight sir, here on this century it doesn't exist anymore.

....Mmmmmhmmmm...... :mad:

Free Speech doesn't apply here though. First, this is a 'private' forum, so, their house, their rules. And Second, Nexus is based in the UK, so, no First Amendment there at all in any event. :D

• 1 month later...

You do not own your twitter followers, twitter does.

You do not own your youtube channel, youtube does.

You do not own your thread on the nexus forum, nexus does.

You are not entitled to spread hate, and no one is obliged to provide you with a soapbox.

Edited by Arneercool

• 2 weeks later...

IMO, some of the censorship by American tech companies is at least as bad as Chinese censorship, if not worse.

I support legislation that will take power away from tech companies to be able to censor their platforms in the USA. If they're going to provide a service like Twitter or Facebook to speak, then it needs to be considered to be the same as the public square. I think there is enough political backing for something like this to potentially come about. With the only terms of service being, you agree to not use this platform to break any US laws.

Edited by Beriallord