Screenshot Share

SerecenHwke

I've seen many image shares with more than one picture on the page. I'm guessing they get them in the discription window but how? I don't know much about posting pictures in forums or blogs other than the third party photo host. I tried to embed a photo in that window but it just showed the inactive link. What is the secret to creating the series screenshot share oh gods of the Nexus? :kiss:

I just want to not clog up the images gallery with images that could have been on one upload:)

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 9 months later...

Use this is the description.

[img=imageurl]

When using this code my images fly off the screen (they usually 1920 resolution). But I saw many authors make them fit the screen and to be links. And even post them in columns.

What code is used for that? Can you give example of different types: image fit the screen and viewed fullsize on click, image as link, small images in column etc.

I always put "url" tags around my images:

[url=http://imageshack.us/somefolder/someimage_fullsize.jpg][img=http://imageshack.us/somefolder/someimage.jpg][/url]

But I haven't yet found a way to restrict the size of the image through BB-code in this forum. Only way I know works is having the right size on imageshack and putting the link to the fullsize image into the "url" tag.

As for 'layout' stuff in image descriptions, no idea... I haven't even seen it used myself so far.

You either have to resize them to 900 wide or you can use Flickr, Flickr gives you links that resize them to 800 wide, those 800 wide images are clickable, clicking the smaller image takes the viewer to the full size image. Flickr is free, you get 1TB of space and the max file size for each image is 200mb, beats the hell out of Imageshack and Photobucket.

As Jim said, resize or use flickr.

If you try flickr, after you've uploaded your image, view it. On the bottom right is a sort of 'swoosh' symbol, thats for sharing.

Click it and it'll give you some options. You want the Grab the HTML/BBCode one, then select bbcode on the right. Click anywhere in the box and it'll select all automatically. Copy this info into the description section of the image you want to upload on the nexus.

Just FYI, we're planning to remove this ability from the Image Share soon because frankly, we don't like it. We'll code in something so you can setup a "showcase" of some of your other images instead, but we'll be removing the ability to use the img tags in the Image Share descriptions.

Just FYI, we're planning to remove this ability from the Image Share soon because frankly, we don't like it. We'll code in something so you can setup a "showcase" of some of your other images instead, but we'll be removing the ability to use the img tags in the Image Share descriptions.

Just out of curiosity, why? I don't mind this feature and it makes looking at images more interesting...sometimes when it's done well.