Trying to download mods and get a window saying I need to download an app

phenyxasher

I have tried NMM but did not like it. Reinstalled Vortex. I also transferred all my files to an SSD 2TB drive. I get messages that Vortex is going to crash and also that it is using 3200 MB+ and may crash soon. I did not have this problem before the move. It seems to have transferred the files but some can not be found [even if you can see them in the file folders]. l tried to enable some of the mods and it tell me there are redundant files and disables the files. Now when I try to download mods from the Nexus website, it tells me "You'll need a new app to open this nxm link. It does not seem to matter which mod I try to download. What can I do to fix this?

According to your post, you had NMM installed first, then you uninstalled it, and Installed Vortex instead, and now you're having problems.

When you uninstalled NMM, did you make sure to uninstall any mods you had installed with NMM BEFORE you uninstalled NMM?

When you installed Vortex, were there Mods still installed with NMM?

OK, I'm not sure what you did, but I know that the "You need a new app to open this NXM link" means that you need to set Vortex as the default program to handle NXM links

Vortex-NXM-Setting.jpg

• 1 month later...

MozillaFirefox stopped downloading after last update of vortex ,Chrome works just fine , I have used this button, wont work

reinstalled firefox wont download gives the same error message about file handlers

I deleted file handlers to reset and it still gives error will not reset

I hate Chrome but I guess I will have to keep using it