Important Security Notice

BigBizkit

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #75810278. #75811368 is also a reply to the same post.

reptileye wrote: And people pay for premium here uh? lol
Gameslover wrote: this site is a disaster these days.....

No one ever said that using NexusMods was mandatory, either as a free member, or as a premium member. You can always go to the Steam site and BUY your mods there... and see how that works out for you.

It's very expensive to run a website as large as this one, with as many users. I know that Nexus isn't perfect... no website is, but the guys who created and run this site work hard to maintain it... and let's not forget the mod creators who supply all of the great mods free. Please show a little appreciation and respect for them. Everything considered, I think they do a really good job with the amount of traffic they get.

As far as paying for premium membership... well, that's just my way of saying thank you for a site which I use daily.

everybody is just complaining? wow...

well then... thx for informing us and give us better tips.

To remember too fuzzy passwords is usually a mess to most ppl I guess...

once I saw a password generator and manager (I think was a chromium plugin), so it could generate huge passwords and help us change them frequently, now I am considering on using it :)

I was a Lifetime Premium Member but after resetting my password and gotten moved over to this new user database or what ever, I've lost it along with all my other settings, tracked mods etc.etc. Any chance on getting that back?

Try also using the "Contact Us" button at the bottom of the page.

In response to post #75814883.

Cabola wrote:

I was a Lifetime Premium Member but after resetting my password and gotten moved over to this new user database or what ever, I've lost it along with all my other settings, tracked mods etc.etc. Any chance on getting that back?

Sorry to hear about this Cabola. It isn't something that is possible with the system though.

It sounds like you may have signed into a different account. Please contact [email protected] with all the relevant details (usernames, etc) and we'll look into it. If possible please also include a copy of the PayPal/bank reference for your Premium purchase.

Thanks!

Guest deleted34304850

In response to post #75807248.

1ae0bfb8 wrote:

Can you give an indication of the number of accounts that were compromised? I know the release above says "small number". Is it possible to quantify that?

I'm afraid it's not possible to quantify it exactly, we serve over 6,000 database queries per second, so it's impossible to log everything.

We do have around 10 saved logs for requests that look like direct attempts to access single users at a time, however, as we say in the main news post - we cannot be certain how many - if any - email addresses, password hashes and salts were actually accessed.

Can I ask what other user data was exposed? I understand one item was email address, which I presume wasn't encrypted, but what other data was included in the breach, and was any of it stored in plain text, or was it encrypted? If you can't elaborate on that, I understand.

so its alright to waste time for no reason because some "cool" modder wastes his since 2013 and haven't finished yet? Good reasoning.

And i get that the site is free, but i wont (cant) buy the subscription even if it were free.

Yea, you really shouldn't insult a modder like that, considering that's what this site is all about.

That attitude won't get you very far.

BTW, How much does your internet cost a month?

Also, it'd be really nice if the people complaining about having to push an extra button could stop hijacking ALL THE THREADS, it would be nice.

To everyone here complaining about managing passwords and such (haven't bothered to read it all) The software program KeyPass is a great one to use in conjunction with OneDrive (business or otherwise). It encrypts and stores passwords in any number of categories just like any other PW manager and can be accessed from anywhere via OneDrive. The main file is on your PC or device and uses its own undocumented password (that can be printed out for remembering during setup) for access. It's great, I recommend it wholeheartedly as it is also FREE with the added bonus of protection and access.