Important Security Notice

BigBizkit

In response to post #75816293.

Teraorn wrote: So that explains how my Paypal account has been hacked, even though I'm pretty precautionous about passwords... Thanks for telling us so late.

They sent out the first notification about this over four weeks ago. I still have it in my notifications. That is also when they forced the password change for anyone logging out, and back in again.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #75815913.

PockyPunk1 wrote: Yeah, let's say I won't post any more mods on this platform.
The forced to Vortex migration (let's not talk about how Vortex works, don't get me talking on that ahahah); staff couldn't care less about mod authors; the new slow/fast download page popped and when people voice their concerns, premium fan-people are there to shame those poor souls, and security could be better. So glad I never paid anything.
Next time, don't take more than one month to tell your users (you know, people who pay your bills) about eventual stolen data and security flaws.

I do not understand what people are complaining about, re timing. They sent out notification in the form of a message on Nexus over 4 weeks ago and forced the password change for everyone that logged out and back in at that time, and recommended that everyone make the change at that time. I know, as I still have the message in my notifications, and I posted a public service announcement about it on the mod FB group I am a moderator for. This is just a follow up to catch anyone that blithely ignored the first announcement, and give more details. So they did not wait a month, by any means.

Also, I don't use Vortex, so you can't really claim people are forced to use it. They aren't.

So paint me wrong but you peoples are too much foccused on the USER end but the secury problem HAPPENED on YOUR end... this is true majestic.

But the question is did the attack really happened? I mean while would be obvious that any person with intend would use this chance (big and unnecessary changes) to act is still kinda... strange is the word?

In response to post #75816293. #75817488 is also a reply to the same post.

Teraorn wrote: So that explains how my Paypal account has been hacked, even though I'm pretty precautionous about passwords... Thanks for telling us so late.
Eolhin wrote: They sent out the first notification about this over four weeks ago. I still have it in my notifications. That is also when they forced the password change for anyone logging out, and back in again.

Unless your PayPal email and password is the same as your Nexus Site email and password, which is also the same as your email password and/or the cellphone number authentication just so happens to be the phone of the hacker who hacked the Nexus...... that is very unlikely to be the same. Unless you are the hacker and authenticated the PayPal login so you could hack yourself, or, you got a notification about an attempted PayPal login and replied to accept that it was you when it wasn't you, then it could be the same incident. (Unless you have no 2nd authentication on your PayPal or email, which you absolutely should.)

Unless that's the case, I'm fairly positive that is not correlated.

In response to post #75815463.

Hallier wrote: To everyone here complaining about managing passwords and such (haven't bothered to read it all) The software program KeyPass is a great one to use in conjunction with OneDrive (business or otherwise). It encrypts and stores passwords in any number of categories just like any other PW manager and can be accessed from anywhere via OneDrive. The main file is on your PC or device and uses its own undocumented password (that can be printed out for remembering during setup) for access. It's great, I recommend it wholeheartedly as it is also FREE with the added bonus of protection and access.

LastPass is another good and free password generator / vault.

In response to post #75815913. #75817563 is also a reply to the same post.

The forced to Vortex migration (let's not talk about how Vortex works, don't get me talking on that ahahah); staff couldn't care less about mod authors; the new slow/fast download page popped and when people voice their concerns, premium fan-people are there to shame those poor souls, and security could be better. So glad I never paid anything.
Next time, don't take more than one month to tell your users (you know, people who pay your bills) about eventual stolen data and security flaws.

Eolhin wrote: I do not understand what people are complaining about, re timing. They sent out notification in the form of a message on Nexus over 4 weeks ago and forced the password change for everyone that logged out and back in at that time, and recommended that everyone make the change at that time. I know, as I still have the message in my notifications, and I posted a public service announcement about it on the mod FB group I am a moderator for. This is just a follow up to catch anyone that blithely ignored the first announcement, and give more details. So they did not wait a month, by any means.

Also, I don't use Vortex, so you can't really claim people are forced to use it. They aren't.

I'm not sure what notification you are talking about. If it's this one here , there's not one word about a security breach in it. Do you have something different? Edited by FastBlackCat

NexusMods,

never gonna give you up,

never gonna let you down,

never gonna run around and desert you,

never gonna make you cry,

never gonna say goodbye.

Now I see why you wanted us to change our passwords and stuff. Thanks.

I'll keep sticking around. :psyduck:

Edited by AngryKarakuri

In response to post #75815913. #75817563, #75818673 are all replies on the same post.

Eolhin wrote: I do not understand what people are complaining about, re timing. They sent out notification in the form of a message on Nexus over 4 weeks ago and forced the password change for everyone that logged out and back in at that time, and recommended that everyone make the change at that time. I know, as I still have the message in my notifications, and I posted a public service announcement about it on the mod FB group I am a moderator for. This is just a follow up to catch anyone that blithely ignored the first announcement, and give more details. So they did not wait a month, by any means.

FastBlackCat wrote: I'm not sure what notification you are talking about. If it's this one here , there's not one word about a security breach in it. Do you have something different?

for all the flaws nexus has, vortex is not one of them, NMM was a mistake Edited by dimysama

In response to post #75810278. #75811368, #75812753, #75815603 are all replies on the same post.

reptileye wrote: And people pay for premium here uh? lol
Gameslover wrote: this site is a disaster these days.....
mcbarker wrote: No one ever said that using NexusMods was mandatory, either as a free member, or as a premium member. You can always go to the Steam site and BUY your mods there... and see how that works out for you.

It's very expensive to run a website as large as this one, with as many users. I know that Nexus isn't perfect... no website is, but the guys who created and run this site work hard to maintain it... and let's not forget the mod creators who supply all of the great mods free. Please show a little appreciation and respect for them. Everything considered, I think they do a really good job with the amount of traffic they get.

As far as paying for premium membership... well, that's just my way of saying thank you for a site which I use daily.
Hallier wrote: I agree absolutely. The site hasn't offered me ANYTHING to complain about in the year and some that I've used it. They even IMPROVED things that I would have complained about. Their support service is fantastic and they do a great job with maintenance and keeping the site up. The new function of the download pages requiring further authorization is a drop in the ocean of awesome stuff provided here, especially since the site runs ONE video ad at the bottom of the page, a total of TWO on the sides (that nobody looks at anyways and sometimes don't even function), and again TWO at the top and bottom . That's THREE ads, a maximum of FIVE running this whole site if you don't count premium membership income. This site is totally rad!

As if security breaches aren't a common thing that can happen anywhere and are more prone to happen to places where people might have stuff to lose...

GGs for your asinine post though.

In response to post #75810278. #75811368, #75812753, #75815603, #75819453 are all replies on the same post.

reptileye wrote: And people pay for premium here uh? lol
Gameslover wrote: this site is a disaster these days.....
mcbarker wrote: No one ever said that using NexusMods was mandatory, either as a free member, or as a premium member. You can always go to the Steam site and BUY your mods there... and see how that works out for you.

It's very expensive to run a website as large as this one, with as many users. I know that Nexus isn't perfect... no website is, but the guys who created and run this site work hard to maintain it... and let's not forget the mod creators who supply all of the great mods free. Please show a little appreciation and respect for them. Everything considered, I think they do a really good job with the amount of traffic they get.

As far as paying for premium membership... well, that's just my way of saying thank you for a site which I use daily.
Hallier wrote: I agree absolutely. The site hasn't offered me ANYTHING to complain about in the year and some that I've used it. They even IMPROVED things that I would have complained about. Their support service is fantastic and they do a great job with maintenance and keeping the site up. The new function of the download pages requiring further authorization is a drop in the ocean of awesome stuff provided here, especially since the site runs ONE video ad at the bottom of the page, a total of TWO on the sides (that nobody looks at anyways and sometimes don't even function), and again TWO at the top and bottom . That's THREE ads, a maximum of FIVE running this whole site if you don't count premium membership income. This site is totally rad!
TheBottomhoodofSteel wrote: As if security breaches aren't a common thing that can happen anywhere and are more prone to happen to places where people might have stuff to lose...

GGs for your asinine post though.

Congratulations to Reptileye for proving time and time again that he is nothing but an absolute macaco, and has offered nothing to the modding community that is worthwhile.