Heroes Of The North

Macman253

Tenibrus laughed at the small gathering of soldiers, "Do you really think these soldiers could stop me? Why do you think I watch them with such interest? For pure amusement? No boy. I study them to know how to best and better them." After he moved by the wall he was in the shadows and his power flowed quite freely there. He used his largely unfettered powers as he raised his off hand and the soldiers made an about face, closing ranks as if to guard Tenibrus. Direct sunlight would slow him down but not enough to make him feeble. Tenibrus was, however, concerned regarding the apparent concentrated sunspell. It would almost undoubtedly be trouble, not enough to kill him but able to significantly weaken him at the very least and drain him of a vast amount of energy. Following a direct hit he would need to drink as much blood as possible lest the natural sun destroy him before he could reach the indoors. As he spoke he began to formulate someway to evade or negate the Dhampir's spell.

"Just because you have seen other vampires does not mean that you have seen my line Dhampir, underestimation may have worked in your favor before but it can just as easily be your undoing. I am well aware of the differences between the two of us. You possess most of the vampiric strength, agility and magical affinity with little of the downsides but you do not have mastery over the full extent of our power. You are of a line native to this continent, Cyrodiilic or Skyrim in origin by the smell of you. As you can tell, even by your under-developed scent, I am not of the same line as you, nor the same as any other vampire you have faced. Do not pretend to understand me as you believe you can understand all the other vampires." Tenibrus now readied a potent firespell in his dominant hand while keeping his off hand slightly concealed. He was formulating a plan should things get even uglier.

Edited by Zephyr Kronos

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eykthain entered Solitude, the vampire still with him. A guard apporached him sword drawn, and even more guards started to approach Eykthain and the vampire.

"Halt! Who are you and why are you dragging him in a rope?"

Eykthain removed his hood and upon seeing his face the guards immediately sheathed their swords and saluted to Eykthain Rightain, the son of the late General Eyrevehn Rightain. "He´s a vampire, he attacked me."

"Ok...What should we do with him?"

"Take him to General Tullius, but tie him up, his body is paralyzed apart from his head, but you can never be too sure." He almost began to walk towards the Blue Palace, but stopped. "Use a cart, I think he has learned his lesson." Eykthain proceeded to the Blue Palace. As he passed the training grounds he noticed a crowd of guards gathering around two men, he did not intervene, that was the Marshal´s job. He had better things to do than put a stop to scuffles.

As Eykthain entered the Blue Palace the guards on either side of the entrance nodded in recognition. Eykthain nodded back and started walking to where Tullius stood.

"Eykthain! Feels like it was decades since we last spoke!" The General did not put true emotion and happines into those words, Eykthain could see that he wanted to but he couldn´t, something were troubling him and Tullius had almost forgot that he was on duty.

"I heard you brought a vampire here."

"Yes, but that was not my intent, he attacked me and I managed to paralyze him. He must have been weak by the sunlight, otherwise I would not be standing here. He could be useful."

"I see, I am glad you survived but I suppose you are not here because of that."

"No, I am not. The vampire told me that he had heard rumours that my father was alive, but during our fight he told me that the rumours were false. But I am not entirely sure what to believe." Tullius sighed, he told Rikke and the others that was in the room to leave them. They left without complain.

"I am afraid such is the case. Eyrevehn was a great man, soldier and friend. But not even he could take down several Stormcloak soldiers including a Stomcloak General. I heard that he managed to kill two of them and hurt a third, but they brought him down with arrows. The cowards" He spat on the floor in disgust. "Do you know how Eyrevehn and I met?"

"Yes, a Stormcloak ambush, he saved your life."

"I still remember that day, I have never met a braver man. But we should not linger in the past for too long, Skyrim needs us and you have a family of your own to take care of."

Eykthain nodded. "I agree we should not live in the past. Let´s change subject, General. I can see that something is troubling you."

"Aye, I have got a new "assistant" but she knows only violence and torture. She has cost several good soldiers their job, they are now drinking at The Skeever. And we have not got many prisoners, she has killed most of em´. I have to admit, her methods work, but its not the kind of methods I want the Empire to be known for."

"I know that you are not a soldier anymore Eykthain, but could you do me a favor, for old times sake, and see if you can make her stop killing our prisoners, because I can barely tolerate her, and furthermore, I cannot tolerate her interrogation methods any longer."

"Suppose I can help, I don´t have much to do and I this matter sounds like an easy job."

I already have a man on the job, so you should talk to him and see what he knows before doing anything else, his name is Geralt. He should be able to give you some information on my "assistant", Selene. And Eykthain, be careful, they are both very dangerous, I sincerely doubt they´d attack you but please, be careful. I´d hate to lose yet another Rightain."

"I will. Don´t let this, Selene, interrogate the vampire I brought here, I´d prefer having him alive. Leave him to me." Eykthain said while leaving the General to his duty.

Edited by Niborino9409

"Enough!" Selene called, raising her hand to the guards and men alike. The Imperial soldiers lowering their weapons. "Back to your stations." She ordered the soldiers. Her occupation of Castle Dour was known to the men, and following orders of the Marshal's chief advisor was to be expected. Selene stepped out into the sunlight, hissing as she did so. By Bal she hated it. "Are you both utterly insane?" She hissed through her teeth, agitated by the ruckus they were making. "Do you want to expose our natures openly to the whole town?! We can discuss blood inside, because by Bal, mine is seething. The Marshall doesn't need to get involved in a petty squabble." Her voice just above a whisper, her eyes glowing red through her Veil, the only part of her face visible.

She looked the newcomer up and down, thinking she had seen him somewhere before... That's right, she was sure she had seen him wandering Markarth the last time she was there. Assuming he, like everyone else, was looking for her she gestured to the open door leading to the interior of Castle Dour. "Shall we?" She asked, turning on her heel, and briskly walking back inside.

Edited by mythicdawnmaster

Tenibrus lowered his hands and released his spells after Selene's entrance. Finally he could get down to business. He strode through the parting ranks of the guards, giving a broad smile to Geralt before entering the castle. "If everyone does not already know the half-blood's nature, they very well should. As to the rest, the guards were quite under the influence of the two of us, they won't remember much." Tenibrus said as he followed the slender Vampiress. She had been in Markarth before, he recalled. She had some tie to the Brethren but as to what the exact nature of it all was he could not say. She might be a useful ally in his own schemes, and he certainly could not complain of the view as he walked behind her.

Tenibrus began once they were indoors, "I received a letter from Tulius about a job, something about Dawnstar and Whiterun. Dawnstar was in some trouble of some sort and he needed more information on the happenings in Whiterun, I presume for an invasion or subterfuge of some sort. I imagine that you have the details for me, or that of a completely different assignment. It makes no difference to me."

After talking to General Tullius Eykthain made his way back to the training grounds. He needed to find this Geralt fellow. Eykthain decided to ask a guard.

"Yes, I´ve seen him. I think he went into Castle Dour with a woman and another man. I do not know who the second man was but the woman is likely Selene and you can´t miss Geralt, he has got white hair, white hair! But be careful there is something odd about them all, suppose you saw the gathering before? Almost turned into a brawl, but Selene stopped it. But as I said they´re in Castle Dour, Sir."

"Thank you." Eykthain made his way towards Castle Dour, opened the door and entered.

When he got inside he closed the door carefully but it still slammed shut louder than he´d expected."Gettin´ old..." he muttered to himself. He looked at the people before him, laying a hand on his dagger he approached them carefully.

"I am looking for Geralt. Geralt Vex."

Edited by Niborino9409

Geralt pushed passed the dark elf, not wanting to speak with anyone. Despite the man's mistrust he would have rather him come at another time, Geralt quickly walked across the courtyard to the Temple Stables and grabbed a hunk of his horses mane and stepped up onto the animal with a quick push of his foot. When he was comfortable he sunk in his spurs and Spot reared, he departed the courtyard as fast as he could and was heading for the city gates.

When he finally had left the city gates he breathed somewhat easy, he preferred to be in the wilds then around anyone but he had a job to do. Skyrim's nippy air refreshed him, the snow-coated mountains dominated the horizon and for most others the view was breathtaking but he had his mind too focused on the road. HIs mind raced with thoughts, how close he had come to cutting down that blood-sucker. He growled and tried to shake off his anger but it only made him more angry. He felt his rage grow, his skin began to feel as if it was burning and his chest felt as if it was on fire. He choked as he rode, like he could not breath. Then he began to contort and convulse hard enough to fall out of his saddle and hit the stone road with a hard thud that stunned him.

He let out a groan of pain and tried to stand but the convulsions were bone-breakingly painful. He managed to pull himself to his feet and as he did his body enveloped in black energy, his skin turned a pale grey and his fingers lengthened. The nails turning into long razor like talons, he dropped to his knees as he felt as if someone was reaching into his back and ripping his spine out. His screams became grunts as his voice began to change. Something new was happening to him, after a few more seconds large bat-like wings burst from his back. He writhed on the ground as his body continued to shift. Moments later the pain passed and he was able to move freely again. He looked around to see no one present on the road but there was a puddle of water. He walked over to it gingerly and looked into it. What he saw was a monster, his face had changed. He had taken on the form of a giant human-like bat creature. The darkest part of him in physical form, he growled in rage and stomped on the reflection with a two toed foot.

He wished it to go away, he covered his face to hide it from his view as he thought of everything he could have been but the monster he was. When he pulled his hands away his reflection was of his original self. He sighed in relief, if it were not for the blinding pain of the event he would have thought it a dream. He did not know where the change came from but he knew it left him weak and he did not wish it to happen again.

Edited by Macman253

Selene listened carefully to every word Tenibrus said, as she led the way through the main hall of castle Dour, the air was freezing cold, as none of the braziers burnt anymore, and all but the vital lanterns were extinguished. They reached the room General Tullius had once used as his map-room, the old map and figurines still stood where they were, but were covered in a fine coat of grey dust. The Vampiress pushed open the metal doors to Tullius's old office- Now claimed as her own, featuring much darker, and finer décor. There wasn't a hint of Imperial about the room, in fact, there was no cultural influence at all, there was just a Gothic, and very dark air. Imperial banners had been replaced with purple, glass-bead embroidered tapestries, and the beds made way for one large double, a black lace curtain drawn around it. The same desk still stood towards the back of the room, but the carpet had been replaced by a crimson red, and dark purple rug. Scattered around the room was the odd skull, and burnt out candle.

Selene sat at her desk, and offered Tenibrus a seat. As she sat, an audible stretch of leather came from her dress. While extremely heavy, it fit her figure, lacking any form of inner caging, or a ruffled skirt, instead the strange leather was covered in dark patterns, black lace was visibly the Vampiress's chosen underwear, as the very top of her bra stood out slightly against the leather. Sighing, she took her veiled small-hat off, and looked at Tenibrus with deep brown eyes, that had an inner glow to them- a careful attempt at hiding her true nature. "I am eluded as to the real details of this whole thing myself. My... interrogation techniques have brought about more screaming than talking, but the bits i pieced together suggest the Stormcloaks are infecting members of their elite with Lycanthropy. At least, that's what the Half-blood tells me." She spoke in a tone of natural seduction, but as Tenibrus was no mortal, she wasn't risking enthralling him. Vampires always were far better at sugaring their words than mortals.

"I believe he just passed you." Selene said gently to the Dark Elven man, turning to face him as the door slammed, the way in which she turned to face him was almost animalistic, but done with such grace she moved like a cat. She could smell the sent of the Imperials upon him... he must have been with Tullius.

Eykthain having been pushed aside by the white haired man, shrugged the whole thing off. He let go of his dagger and started walking towards Selene and the unkown man.

"Geralt wasn´t very talkative. But since he didn´t want to talk, I´d better grasp the matter by the throat. I am actually looking for you. General Tullius wants you to stop torturing the prisoners to death. Your actions makes the Imperial Legion appear as barbarians. Geralt were only a source of information so that I could get to you more easily. But I am quite sure that whatever information he may have had isn´t important."

Crossing his arms, he waited patiently for a reply.

Edited by Niborino9409

Tenibrus didn't turn when the Dunmer entered the room, the man was agitated, that much was certain. But, based upon the words he chose the man wasn't very interested in being there, he just wanted to get his job done so far as Tenibrus could tell. The vampire remained standing for a moment, "I imagine that torture would be a little detracting to the image of the Empire, especially in so refined and urbane a city as Solitude. Perhaps it would be better to use different avenues of persuasion," Tenibrus eyed Selene meaningfully, he meant to suggest the natural vampiric powers of charming and dominating, "Then again, torture can be quite effective when employed properly but it is best done out of sight and out of mind of the more tender hearted. Perhaps Tulius would consent to you relocating your torture chambers to somewhere farther from the soldiers so as to not disturb them with your work. I've had a fair amount of experience with this myself and would be happy to lend my expertise." Tenibrus was quite cordial in his manner, trying to appeal to both sides. Tulius was to be kept at least tolerably happy so some change was in order but Selene got some results. "Something needs to change, that much is sure but that needs to be evaluated carefully I would imagine. Oh and please release your hold on that dagger good sir, it makes a man on edge when another is so clearly ready to fight him. No one means you harm here and I hope that following our little conversation you can give good report to the good marshal Tulius."

Tenibrus produced a bottle of his 'wine,' he was more than confident that the newcomer would not detect its full contents. In each liter of wine there was but a fifth or less of blood, far too hard for a man or mer to detect without aid of a spell. Tenibrus strolled over to a cabinet and happily found some suitable wine glasses and brought them to the desk at which Selene was seated. He poured out two glasses, offering the first to Selene, "M'lady," flashing his bright teeth and fangs briefly. He took the second himself, sitting it in front of his chair. Before seating himself he asked the Dunmer, "Would you care for some wine sir? Or will you be leaving us? I, unfortunately, did not catch your name. Pray tell, what is your lineage? Your face seems familiar to me." Tenibrus turned his head just slightly towards the Dunmer so that his fangs could not be discerned, he had spent too many years carefully concealing his true nature to reveal himself to someone who evidently had connections. The soldiers outside were no matter, the vampiric influence over them easily erased their memories of the trio. As Tenibrus settled in his chair he took in Selene's form more fully, appreciating the fit of her dress. He indeed liked what he saw but he refrained from giving into his passions so easily. Lust had always been a weakness for him, usually for power but that was not always the limits of his vice. He sipped his wine to clear his head slightly, the filling of his belly bolstering his alacrity.

"I have to apologise, where´s my manners?" Eykthain felt bad about being so blunt. He just wanted to get the job done and get out of there, but suddenly he felt like staying.

"Eykthain Rightain, ex-Imperial Scout. I am the only son of General Eyrevehn Rightain and his wife, Camilla. I have been in the Legion for 32 years more or less. And wine? Hm, I am technically on duty but at the same time I am not. Suppose I can stay for a glass or two."

Suddenly he felt dizzy, wanting to tell the man his whole story, everything from the death of his parents to the birth of his daughter. Perhaps a glass of wine could clear his mind.

Edited by Niborino9409