Heroes Of The North

Macman253

Selene smiled slightly, stepping forward so she didn't have to shout her words to the public- There were spies everywhere, and any information that slipped was potentially dangerous. "We can discuss this inside, too many ears in the walls out here." She said turning around, and walking into the courtyard of the castle. As Tullius and Rikke had now occupied the Blue Palace, castle Dour fell mostly to Selene's influence. She led the way inside, briefly giving a wink to the training soldiers- The Naive among them finding the dark creature enthralling, but the officers knew better than to get entwined with such an individual.

Once inside Castle Dours cold interior, Selene took a seat at one of the small tables in the main entry hall. Sure they were alone, aside from the guards who tended the prison, the Vampire spoke up. "To be perfectly straight with you, i learnt absolutely nothing. other than the fact Nords have quite strong necks..." She chuckled slightly, but then continued "He insisted that a group of Stormcloaks we spotted were little more than scouts, but i know that's just his blind loyalty. I believe they were ambush troops of some kind. I could be wrong, but that seldom happens. I can't even torture the other prisoners to deduce anything further, The weak kneed Marshal has gone all soft for the Nords." She said with a sigh, her voice had an alluring quality to it, her words breathy, and a slight rattle coated her every pause.

She knew he'd try to read her, so rather than play games she told him the truth- at least, as much of it she knew. She was sure there was something about this whole affair she didn't know about- Why would the Order become involved with Stormcloak sightings? The last time she had checked, Necromancy and the dark arts were against the nordic codes and principles.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geralt stood across the desk from her, his arms crossed over his chest. His mind going over the details, "If they were ambush troops then they must have come from Windhelm." He said, his mind drifted suddenly to Dawnstar. The Treaty gave Dawnstar over to the empire but in the last few months it had been a breeding ground for animal attacks. In skyrim that is not such a rare thing but what peeked his interest is that they all happened around the Lunar cycles, he figured a werewolf pack has been hunting in that area.

"The Stormcloak you tortured wasn't an ordinary nord, he was a lycan. My best guess is he is a member of the pack around Dawnstar." He said, "Ulfric wasn't happy about loosing Dawnstar to the empire, he can't officially take it from The Empire but if he uses Werewolves to indirectly destroy the legion there, he could silently take it over and claim it as his once again." He thought as he sat in the chair across from her, he felt his insides turn as it came time for him to feed. He pulled a vial of red liquid from a pouch on his belt and downed it in a single gulp. The blood was horrid and tasteless but it sustained him.

He recorked the small bottle and slid it back into the pouch while wiping the blood from the corners of his mouth. His stomach stopped turning and color returned to his face. The Jarl of Dawnstar resides here in Solitude, he left the city to rot after The Treaty. He did not know the Jarls name but he did know that the Empire paid him quite a lot of gold to support them. "What is the name of the Jarl Of Dawnstar?" He asked, he spun the silver throwing knife around his fingers as he waited for her reply.

Selene watched with a smile as Geralt downed the vial of blood- she could see the disgust on his face, and it made her laugh inside. How very ironic, the half vampire who's blood is craved by his full-blooded cousins, can't stand the taste of the very thing that kept him alive. Most likely down the the Human blood in his veins.

Selenes interest perked up again once she heard that her last victim was a Lycan, she laughed and said in an amused tone "So that's why he smelt like dog? Hmph, i had assumed it to be the Nords natural aroma." Despite having called Skyrim home many times in the past, she despised it's natural inhabitants. So stuck were they in their old fashioned ways, and barbaric traditions, that they would be left behind as the rest of the world advances- hell, they even repulsed magic! Such a backwards way of thinking...

"Brina Merillis? Oh, wait no... She was initially Jarl, but that must have changed... Hmm, i think it's Horik Halfhand. Used to follow old Brina around like a dog, but he is a nord, so very bound by the Empire. I think if their leash was any tighter, he'd choke to death." Selene said with little interest or conviction. Jarls, Kings, whatever it was they were called, sure had a way of abandoning their people when the going got tough.

She eyed the silver knife as Geralt played with it, despite the materials potency to her lesser cousins, it was not so lethal to purebloods, that was to say, it would hurt far more than regular steel, but it wouldn't reduce her to a convulsing mess should it slash her flesh. She had often wondered why Silver had such an effect upon the unnatural forces of the world, but it was of little concern to her. A vampire weak enough to be killed deserved such a death, at least, that was Selene's view on such matters, She was so very detached from her lesser cousins she cared not to intervene upon their affairs- The worship they gave her was a bore, but at least it kept them at bay.

Geralt twisted his hand around and the knife quickly disappeared from his hand as if by magic. He lulled over his thoughts for a few moments. He looked into her eyes, "Why do you hate your people so? You are a daughter of Coldharbour, closest thing they have to a god." He asked, he had all the information he needed but she interested him more. Selene was known for being a cunning spy and many rumors abound in the court that she had ties to The Dark Brotherhood but he never counted on rumors of noble women. On occasion they had something, a vampire from the brethren may have infiltrated the Jarls court or a advisor may be a necromancer that kind of thing. This werewolf hunt would be long in the pursuit.

He could smell her emotions, she found him equally interesting but he could smell her tension. She longed for his blood, yet she restrained herself, something rare for her kind but as a pure-blood she was more capable of such acts. He had witnessed the debased ritual that made a pure-blood, near five years ago the Order raided a island fortress known as Volkihar Castle, they slew every vampire there as they performed the ancient ritual, that act brought The Order into the light. The Volkihar Vampires were slain and the castle was destroyed. All the information and relics were taken to The Order's fortress under Solitude. Molag Bal was not thrilled with this act.

Following his walk, Tenibrus made his way to the stables. Dawn was breaking but he had business to attend to and he was quite well fed. The pink tinge among the clouds didn't bother him, nor would the harsher rays in a few hours time. He made sure of this by bringing several bottles of what appeared to be wine with him. A mortal would be fooled well enough but another vampire or a lycan would smell the mixture of blood in them but a vampire or lycan would smell him for what he was anyway. It was a good cover for when he had traveling to do and mortals would be about. He needed to be out of Markarth for a few days while his men went to work and he had heard talk of some interesting happenings in Solitude. He had occasionally rendered services for the Empire here in Skyrim and had received a letter that he might be of use again. He did not enjoy any privileges of rank or special treatment, but on the job he was usually left to his own devices without the mess of Imperial law to worry about. He had decided upon receiving Tulius's letter that he would accept, he certainly wasn't going to say no to furthering his influence with the Empire, especially if there was gold or adventure involved.

Tenibrus saddled up a Piebald sport horse, it was a favorite of his and was always quite swift. He had named it Velox when he had found the horse on a road between Riften and Whiterun. Velox's old rider had been killed and was nearby the loyal horse. Tenibrus took to it immediately for Velox's lack of fear. It was rare that horses weren't horribly frightened by vampires; Tenibrus often wondered if the rider had been a vigilant or a vampire himself though he sincerely doubted the latter. Tenibrus guided the horse towards Solitude and began the long ride, Velox was quite agile and had immense endurance making him an ideal horse for traveling great distances with a light load.

Velox made the stables by midday with the bright noon-tide sun beating down hard on his rider. Tenibrus dismounted and produced an apple for his worthy steed before leading him into a stall and paying the stableowner as he left. He promised Velox and the owner that he would return within two days time, and more gravely, that if anything should happen to his beloved horse there would be a great deal of suffering involved.

Tenibrus made his way to Castle Dour and stopped in the courtyard to examine the troops. The guards looked at him crossly, he certainly looked strange, a man in such finery critiquing the soldiers? Odd, the man before them looked as if he hadn't had to work a day in his life let alone lift a blade in anything but sport. How little they knew.

While he was laughing at the green troops in his head, Tenibrus suddenly wrinkled his nose. An air of slight disgust hung about his face for a moment. He regained his composure, he cursed himself for being caught off guard. He smelled two vampires, one was similar to the Brethren, but the other was a half blood. He was not surprised that there might be a vampire in Solitude, he had heard some whispers about Selene but this half blood. In Castle Dour no less. Tenibrus had a good idea who he might be. Curiously, half-bloods revolted Tenibrus. Most of his kind would be driven mad by the scent but the thought of half-blood was more nauseating to him than appealing. A Brethren in Markarth had offered him some once and felt incredibly clouded and clumsy after its ingestion. Rather than elate him, as the blood did for others, it felt like a poison. It was quite curious, and quite disturbing. Tenibrus wondered what on Nirn a half-blood could be doing in Castle Dour unless it was that Geralt fellow.

Edited by Zephyr Kronos

Selene laughed, and then replied "Hate is such a strong word, i don't hate my kind... if you can call the blood-sucking ferals that live in caves that. I simply find their way of life insulting. Harkon and his kind are a prime example, they were the largest affront to our, my kind in millennia... We have powers over the darkness because that is where we are meant to reside. Without the sun there can be no shadow, no night, if that mad zealot's plans would have succeeded, we would all have been destroyed. And that is my feeling to these current Vampires... a kingdom of our own, ha. If it were meant to be so, then we would not be adept in infiltration, in hiding among the herd. Call me stuck in old ways if you will, but by following the path set out by my lord, i have survived this long." Selene explained, Geralt's blood clouding her senses. But the smell of his impure blood suddenly made way for that of another Vampire. It was clear to such a honed nose that his mortal body was a mix of two races, but his Vampiric blood was a different strain of Vampirism. True that with each new Pure-blood, another strain was born, but over time even those of the muddiest blood could twist into something new. Selene knew not the heritage or origin of this new entity, but it was clear he was close. "We have company." She added, the usually brown irises glowing a crimson red. Edited by mythicdawnmaster

Geralts nose caught the scent of another vampire, this scent was strong and it was close. He stood and grasped his hand in silver powder as he opened the door, the scent was strong now and he realized the Vampire was in the castle if not around it. He turned to her and spoke. "Go! Check the castle, ill go outside...."He said as he drew his silver dagger and gave it to her. He left the main castle and walked outside, there a man wearing finery stood. In solitude nobles were common but he seemed to be watching the men train, a noble would never look at a peasant like that. Geralt drew one of his Silvered-Steel blades and approached.

"Hello bloodsucker...." He said with an evil grin, his eyes were orange. His fangs bared and his talons extended from his fingertips. He reversed the blade in his grip and calmly watched the vampire, as if he was a sabre-tooth stalking its prey.

Eykthain reached Solitude after traveling the whole day. The driver weren´t with him. The carriage driver seemed a little weird at first, and Eykthains suspicion only got worse during the trip. When they came close to Dragonbridge the carriage driver showed his true self. He were a vampire, disguised as a carriage driver, but this vampire was one of a kind. He feared the dark so he only operated during the bright of day. This, along with his already weak mind had made him mad. But as his craving for blood could not be surpressed any longer he suddenly let go of the reins and the carriage went out in the plains, as it flipped over, Eykthain and the carriage driver fell off. They both survived the crash, Eykthain by rolling on the ground and decreasing the impact, the carriage driver by landing on his feet, surviving due to his vampiric strength. He landed close to Eykthain and immediately lunged towards him with fangs and claws bared to drink his blood. Eykthain did not have time to draw a weapon but he rolled away and the carriage driver missed, hitting the ground head first. He rose to his feet, blood flowing from his nose that took most of the impact. He wiped the dirt and blood from his face and resumed the desperate fight for nutrition. Eykthain had now drawn his steel sword and were ready to fight for his life. The carriage driver drew a steel sword of his own and attacked Eykthain, but Eykthain blocked and dodged every blow and the driver got angrier and angrier, striking harder and harder. Their swords met and locked, the vampire viciously tried to bite Eykthain while maintaining the lock. Eykthain managed to push the vampire back, thus ending the sword lock. The vampire staggered but quickly regained balance and lunged towards Eykthain yet again, but this time Eykthain were more than ready, he kicked the vampire in the chest sending the vampire on his back, but since Eykthain were simply a human he fell too, but quickly got up. He looked at the vampire, who still hadn´t gotten up, the vampire were hungrier than he had ever been before and in blind rage he screamed so loudly that he started to bleed from his eyes, ears and mouth.

Eykthain´s ears hurt but because of the adrenaline he ignored it and hurried towards the vampire and stabbed his sword into its heart.

The vamprie stopped screaming and started laughing. "You fool. You cannot kill me by normal means, only silver can hurt me!" He said between the laughs. With the vampires laugh echoing through his mind, Eykthain stomped on the vampires throat. "Quiet." He said, with such low voice that he could not be heard, but he knew that the vampire heard him. He twisted his foot and heard as the components of the vampires neck started to crumble, one by one. The vampire´s breaths got weaker and weaker and finally they stopped. Eykthain twisted his foot with his full strength, thus breaking the vampires neck completely. He ripped the sword from the vampires chest and started heading towards Dragon bridge, when he heard faint words from behind. "Please...Don´t...Leave me here. I cannot move, do not let the NIGHT take me!" Eykthain stopped, slowly turning 180 degrees he walked towards the vampire, who told him the truth, he could not move, but he could talk. Meeting the creatures gaze with eyes full of hatred and disgust, Eykthain frowned even further and told the vampire with a voice darker and more threathening than ever before:

"I want you, to tell me the truth. Do that and I will kill you, if you don´t, I´ll leave you here. Understood?"

"Yes..."The vampire said silently. "Who spread the rumours that my father is alive?"

"No one, you are well known, Eykthain, son of Eyrevehn. Everyone knows what happened that day, your parents died, you did not help them, it was all your fault, your fault and no one else´s!" The vampire started laughing again, but more sinister this time. Eykthain had enough of this fool of a vampire. He took a rope out of his satchel, tied it to the vampires neck, grabbed the other end with his left hand and started walking, sword in hand, towards Dragonbridge and towards Solitude with the helpless vampire in tow.

Edited by Niborino9409

While Tenibrus watched the soldiers training he noticed a distinct shift. The other vampires were on the move. He smelled the half-blood before hearing him and did not bother to turn around to see him. The taunt was clear and it disturbed many of the soldiers around Tenibrus who had not suspected his nature.

Tenibrus laughed, "A bold and very hypocritical accusation. Then again, you are the essence of hypocrisy aren't you? Geralt the half-blood. A Vigilant of Stendarr but still a creature of the night." Tenibrus stepped into the shade cast by the wall before finally turning to face his assailant. His icy blue eyes locked with the hunter's glowing orange ones. "I would not test me if I were you. I am here on a summons from the marshal, you wouldn't want him finding out that you detained me would he? Assuming I would let you live of course." From the shade Tenibrus's power slowly returned to him, no longer sapped by the sun. From his position he imposed his will on the soldiers and had the lesser ones leave, he didn't need idiots getting in the way.

"Don't be so high and mighty Geralt. You still drink blood yourself after all. And you tolerate other vampires such as -Selene- is it? Why have you not assaulted her hmm? Stay your blade Dhampir and there will be no trouble. Attack me and either I will have your head, or Tulius will be quite upset." As the vampire spoke, the shadows around him visibly darkened a little exercise on his part, it took little effort but afforded him much more protection than just the wall. He placed his hand on his own sword. The half-blood might be faster than men and mer but he could not match a full blooded vampire, much less one of Tenibrus's line.

"Where is Selene? I imagine that is who Tulius wanted me to speak with, she being the coordinator of the more... clandestine operations."

Edited by Zephyr Kronos

Geralt smiled, he had a high opinion of himself that is for sure but most vampires said the same thing. "Yeah, I have heard your song and dance before... Heard it from the thousands of bloodsuckers I put down... The difference between you and me is? I can walk in the daylight...and I can harness it." He said as his hand glowed with the sun fire spell. A vampire could never wield the weapon, let alone wield silver. His hand enveloped in the spell as it charged in his hand, ready to fire. He did not care for the vampires boasting nor his taunts. They were hollow words, but truth be told he was more curious as to his reasons for being here. Either he was indeed an imperial spy or he was lying to protect himself.

Many vampires had underestimated him, thinking that because they were full-blooded they were more powerful. What they didn't know was that he possessed all of their strengths and only their thirst as a weakness. This lack of information on their part helped him many times in the past and it lulled his opponents into underestimating him. Geralt kept his blade raised, he called out to the nearby Imperial Soldier that had his blade leveled at the vampire. "Go and get the Marshal, have him come down here nad sort this out." He commanded, ten other soldiers surrounded the vampire and readied their weapons to keep him there as the other soldier ran off towards the palace.