Heroes Of The North

Macman253

"I suppose so, but my father, General Eyrevehn Rightain, is dead, or at least I am led to believe so. He were killed by Stormcloaks. The cowards attacked our home and killed my mother. My father tried to fend them off but they brought him down with arrows, the cowards."

Sophos gave a respectful nod "Your father died a hero's death. I'm sure he did great deeds in his life." Sophos said "When we get to Ulfric he will pay for the crimes of him and his 'Sons of Skyrim.'" Sophos paused, going over the mans words "You said led to believe, you think he lives?"

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eykthain nodded.

"I have heard a rumour that he might be alive, but I sincerely doubt it." Eykthain suddenly smiled.

"But we should not linger in the past forever and I do not want to tire you with stories from my past, there is more important matters to be dealt with."

"You need to join while you can. You are a mage, am I right?"

Edited by Niborino9409

Eykthain nodded.

"I have heard a rumour that he might be alive, but I sincerely doubt it. But we should not linger in the past forever, there is more important matters to be dealt with."

"You need to join while you can. You are a mage, am I right?"

"Of course, it's a rarity in my family." Sophos said, giving a small smile "The Triarii are mostly straight up soldiers, I'm one of the two mages in my family at the moment." He paused and then thought that he ought to explain something "It's a large family, I have 5 brothers and 3 sisters, that is not counting my cousins. You can imagine the food bills. Luckily, we have money to burn. Always have always will, as it is with nobles... or at least, any noble worth their salt"

Edited by Brutii

Eytkhain smirked upon hearing Sophos little joke. But he were quite critical.

"I see, then I have got a piece of advice for you. Not something you must follow, but hear me out:"

"You have got a big family. You cannot rely on your wealth to last forever. Everything comes to an end, wealth, poverty and in the end, life. That is the only thing that is the same, no matter how big your family is or how wealthy you may be. You should save your money, because in times like these it will be needed later on. Skyrim is in turmoil, now is not a time to spend your wealth on luxury, your money could help, it could make a difference."

"Are you the only Triarii fighting for the Empire?"

She turned to the subject of his position and he had to laugh. She was more correct than she knew, "As a matter of fact Selene, many have tried to kill for my connections and power. When Markarth was taken, the ruling class thought of the silver mines as more of a tool than a source of wealth, their wealth being measured more in blood and servants than coin. They felt that the mines should be overseen by someone who had helped immensely in the taking of the city, none of the truly high ranking had much care for them and so the mines fell to me. I have virtually total control over them other than the donation of perhaps a few score of ingots to supply the feral hunters and that is out of thousands of ingots. My wealth and power have been envied by the lower ranking and ambitious. The council thought that if anyone should lust for my position, let them try to take it. I have thrice cut down usurpers to my title and that seems to have quite quashed open lust for my station. The mines tie the city with others in a loose bond but the council doesn't think it vital so they let me have my fun. It brings in quite the income, especially when I make all management decisions and our labor cost is literally nothing." Tenibrus smiled broadly. The mines had long been fueled by slave labor of one sort or another.

The conversation shifted to modesty and Tenibrus nodded in agreement. He had never understood the mortal customs of modesty, as if hiding your greatest assets was of value. It was one thing to guard your hand but quite another to never play it. Even when he was a mortal he didn't get it, perhaps it was the society he had been around. He had only ever been around those who had to use everything they had to survive or were excellently aware of showing just enough of their talents and assets to keep everyone interested and everyone guessing. Such was the culture of thieves he supposed. The thought process had never left him. He enjoyed Selene's brief display of agility, and her body. "I would never presume to know better than you regarding fashion, you seem to have quite a knack for it. If you should ever need assistance in removing your finery though, I would be happy to assist with that." Tenibrus chuckled.

Tenibrus shifted his manner to business and stepped away from the window, sipping his wine again. He raised his eyebrow slightly at the mention of the size of her estate. 50,000 was quite less than he had expected, he had to suppress a smile at his good fortune. He would be quite a useful asset to her with his wealth and connections. "Such an arrangement would be quite agreeable to myself. I care little for coin, I care for influence and my coin would be well spent at your Embassy. Let us travel to the Embassy as soon as possible so that we may make plans to make it ready. I can have word sent to my man to begin sending funds and I can have my smiths begin manufacturing cutlery and any other sort of silverware we might require for entertaining. Thankfully I have ample enough coin to make some orders here in Solitude for furniture and other needs as may arise. There is no time like the present after all" Tenibrus smiled broadly and offered his arm to Selene for their walk to the Blue Palace and Tullius.

Eytkhain smirked upon hearing Sophos little joke. But he were quite critical.

"I see, then I have got a piece of advice for you. Not something you must follow, but hear me out:"

"You have got a big family. You cannot rely on your wealth to last forever. Everything comes to an end, wealth, poverty and in the end, life. That is the only thing that is the same, no matter how big your family is or how wealthy you may be. You should save your money, because in times like these it will be needed later on. Skyrim is in turmoil, now is not a time to spend your wealth on luxury, your money could help, it could make a difference."

"Are you the only Triarii fighting for the Empire?"

"Am I the only Triarii fighting for the empire? You honestly do not know my Family do you?" Sophos said, raising an eyebrow. He supposed he should have expected it. Skyrim was not cyrodiil, and word can be slow to travel "The Triarii have roots which go back to the founding of the empire. Long have we served it. My father says we've probably lost a relative in every conflict the legions have entered. The legion is in our blood. It feeds our spirit. It is how we came to be what we are" Sophos raised his hand and examined his Signet ring "We are the best example of true servants. We fight to bitter end."

Sophos lowered his hand and looked at Eytkhain "Oh? My money could help? You think I can decide how my families fortune is spent?"

Selene smiled as she listened to Tenibrus explain the details of his premier position, it was a seat of great wealth and great influence, without having to stand high in the proceeds of power. He had not the weight of the world on his shoulders, rather, the weight of it in his pockets. A few hundred years ago she probably would have scoffed at the money he made, but now she was desperate. Despite this feeling of desperation, it wasn't what had drawn her to Tenibrus. Any man can make money, but only those with Charisma find themselves involved with Selene, she wasn't stupid, and she would not accept money from just anyone. "You have a coveted position, but freedom from the constraints of true power... It is the ebst place to sit in this world, for i have seen how crushed the emperor is by his burdens. The brittle bones of those Thalmor would snap under such weight, that is why an Empire forged by them will crumble." She laughed slightly to herself.

"The fashions of this world have long been a forte of mine, and much of my own wardrobe is my design. I am never content with the simple tailorings of most, and i find the manner of dress here in Skyrim distasteful- could you imagine me in their supposed finery? A brocade doublet and... trousers?" She almost choked on the word.

"What would i have done if you had not showed up today, hmm? I'd had to have borrowed the money." She said with a sigh. "I have a feeling you and I will work together as a perfect match, my dear. Once the details are all sorted out, we shall have to celebrate." Selene spoke with a grin, taking his arm with her own. Once linked, they proceeded out into the enty hall.

Upon seeing Eykthain in conversation with a mage, she though nothing of it, until she noticed the signet ring upon his finger. Her eyes widened at the thought, a simple commoner like Eykthain bothering this young heir? By Bal, she hoped the foolish dunmer had not irritated the noble too much, for it seemed the Sir Righthain was not inconspicuous with his beliefs. "Eykthain! Leave the young lord Triarii alone! Debating the finances of his family is not part of your duties! It is clear that you understand not the workings of the upper class, so do scat!" She said venomously, clear that she was nobility.

"I assume you are one of Julius's boys? How nice to meet you. I am Lady Strident... and until a few minutes ago, i was in charge here. But that's changed now. There are free rooms upstairs if you are waiting for Tullius to give you a position... expect a long wait." She said warmly, but she and Tenibrus made their way out of the castle.

Selene smiled as she listened to Tenibrus explain the details of his premier position, it was a seat of great wealth and great influence, without having to stand high in the proceeds of power. He had not the weight of the world on his shoulders, rather, the weight of it in his pockets. A few hundred years ago she probably would have scoffed at the money he made, but now she was desperate. Despite this feeling of desperation, it wasn't what had drawn her to Tenibrus. Any man can make money, but only those with Charisma find themselves involved with Selene, she wasn't stupid, and she would not accept money from just anyone. "You have a coveted position, but freedom from the constraints of true power... It is the ebst place to sit in this world, for i have seen how crushed the emperor is by his burdens. The brittle bones of those Thalmor would snap under such weight, that is why an Empire forged by them will crumble." She laughed slightly to herself.

"The fashions of this world have long been a forte of mine, and much of my own wardrobe is my design. I am never content with the simple tailorings of most, and i find the manner of dress here in Skyrim distasteful- could you imagine me in their supposed finery? A brocade doublet and... trousers?" She almost choked on the word.

"What would i have done if you had not showed up today, hmm? I'd had to have borrowed the money." She said with a sigh. "I have a feeling you and I will work together as a perfect match, my dear. Once the details are all sorted out, we shall have to celebrate." Selene spoke with a grin, taking his arm with her own. Once linked, they proceeded out into the enty hall.

Upon seeing Eykthain in conversation with a mage, she though nothing of it, until she noticed the signet ring upon his finger. Her eyes widened at the thought, a simple commoner like Eykthain bothering this young heir? By Bal, she hoped the foolish dunmer had not irritated the noble too much, for it seemed the Sir Righthain was not inconspicuous with his beliefs. "Eykthain! Leave the young lord Triarii alone! Debating the finances of his family is not part of your duties! It is clear that you understand not the workings of the upper class, so do scat!" She said venomously, clear that she was nobility.

"I assume you are one of Julius's boys? How nice to meet you. I am Lady Strident... and until a few minutes ago, i was in charge here. But that's changed now. There are free rooms upstairs if you are waiting for Tullius to give you a position... expect a long wait." She said warmly, but she and Tenibrus made their way out of the castle.

"I..." Sophos started but the woman had already gone "Oh. Well. That was quick." Sophos' eyes traced her out. She was clearly nobility yet something about her was off. Something was definatly different about her "Lady Strident certainly is... quick to anger." Sophos turned back to Eykthain "Who was that man she was with?" he asked inquisitively

Looking at the door that just closed, Eykthain frowned and apologised to Sophos.

"I sincerely did not mean to offend your family, I have had a rough day thats all. I have yet to figure out who the man is, I only know his name so far. Now I must apologise for leaving." Eykthain said and walked out of Castle Dour. Seems like Selene had forgotten that Eykthain were retired. A retired man does not have duties. All he did was run an errand to Tullius, something he should have stopped doing long ago.

Eykthain couldn´t care less for class. It did not matter what class you belonged to, the same things could still happen to you. Killed by a wild animal, murdered, an accident etc. etc. Nothing lasts forever. Selene had been nice and charming during their first encounter, but the second. It was like she had been replaced. Her tone had changed from her normal to a darker, almost frightening voice, a voice with the same tone that Jordis used when she were angry with him. Whatever was different about her, Eykthain were going to find out, one way or another. And that Tenibrus, the man with the wine. They must be planning something, considering he were almost urged out of Selenes office.

The rumour about his father was not important anymore, if he wished to hide from his family so be it. Eykthain walked straight to the Blue Palace to talk to Rikke. Retirement had made him weak. He weren´t that old, not yet. Since the Empire had gotten stronger Legate Rikke had gotten her own office, which Eykthain stormed into.

"Eykthain! What do you think you can accomplish by barging into my office?!"

"I want to be reinstated."

"Why? I remember you saying that you were going to take care of your family, and you were growing old. Too old to fight."

"I thought so to, but recent events have made me reconsider that choice. And my family can manage themselves, my daughter has grown up, there is nothing that stops me."

"Are you sure about this? You cannot change back and forth like this. But I can help you, but just this once."

"I am sure."

"Ok, but you have to sign a couple of papers and we need to test you, to see if you are still in shape."

Luckily, they had papers close by, but the tests weren´t Rikke´s duties. Eykthain had to speak to Aldis, the man that trained the new recruits.

Aldis said that the tests were to be held the coming week, but since Aldis were an old friend of Eykthain he agreed on making a special test for him. If he could beat Aldis in combat, he were to be reinstated. The fight was scheduled the following day, at noon. The only thing Aldis needed to see were if Eykthains body were in shape, he knew that he could handle both bow and sword.

Edited by Niborino9409

Sophos shook his head slowly as the man left, shouting after him "Nonesense, my elven friend, you haven't offended me or my family in anyway. I hope to see you again. Fare thee well" he shouted, before turning and walking through the halls. Eykthain had been nice enough, if a little critical. Lady Strident should not have been so critical, even if the dark elf was of a lower class. Still, in a short while he may well be in the heat of the battle field. In truth, he was looking forward to it.

Sophos reached a room with a map of skyrim inside. He examined it. This land was treacherous. Skyrim was very different to cyrodiil. The noble had grown used to the life of luxury and was disappointed that he had to relinquish it to fight in such an unforgiving place. Still, Skyrim belonged to the Empire, as did the Triarii. And so he would fight, and give his life if need be. He let out a sigh. He should probably retire to a bed, it had been too long since he had slept.

He proceeded through the halls of the castle, finally arriving at one of the rooms lady strident had mentioned. He practically fell onto the bed and almost imediantly fell asleep