Heroes Of The North

Macman253

After telling a bit of his past, Eykthain were quiet for a second. He listened to what Selene said, still quiet. Eykthain closed his eyes.

He opened them and stood up. He walked to the middle of the room, stopped there and drew his steel sword. "I´ll be right back." Eykthain suddenly walked out of there, to return a while later, dragging a man who was tied up. He proceeded to throw his prisoner onto the floor, the prisoner did not move. "This one attacked me today, do you know what he is? A vampire. Selene, Tullius wanted me to try and stop you from hurting prisoners, and I did, but would you mind making this one talk, for I´ve had no sucess, even though I dragged him all the way here in a rope." Eykthain´s tone had changed, from a weak and dreamy voice a soldier´s harsh tone appeared. He may have been a family man on the outside, weakened by years of laziness, but he still were a soldier at heart and mind.

"He told me earlier that certain rumours circulates throughout the land, rumours of my father being alive, I want to know the truth. I want to know who started them..."

"Breaking a direct command from General Tullius, what have become of me..." He thought to himself. Eykthain had to end what he started even though it meant breaking everything he stood for.

Edited by Niborino9409

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tenibrus listened to Eykthain's tale intently. Honor and duty were always entertaining little tid bits that even the undead could sometime entertain. He understood the yearning to please one's father, especially the memory of one's father. He had spent the early part of his mortal life trying to do just that before realizing that he had not the means nor the desire to follow in his father's footsteps. The story did not, however, evoke much nostalgia in Tenibrus, just grim memories of stupidity on his own part. The part of Eykthain and his wife's joining was... unmoving to Tenibrus. When Selene gestured to him he chuckled slightly and smiled. He did not feel as strongly as she did, clearly, but he still frowned upon the curious little devices of mortals. He presumed that after longer years as a vampire and with more power he would grow to despise all weaknesses more. He maintained his cordiality though, he did not want to agitate or anger the man by any means. "A heart-warming story to be sure Eykthain," Tenibrus said.

The Dunmer left suddenly though with a renewed purpose, while he was out of the room, Tenibrus arched his eye brow at Selene in perplexity and took the time to admire her form more. This was made much less awkward by the loss of their previous drinking companion but the appraisal was short lived as he returned promptly. The man dropped the vampire on the floor. Tenibrus jumped upright from his seat at the mention of 'vampire,' he had smelled it coming and prepared his acting abilities accordingly. He jumped quickly and readied his blade in one motion, as if in alarm at the presence of such a foul being. Internally he knew that he had to silence the vampire as quickly as possible or he and Selene would be discovered. At Eykthain's request for torture and answers, Tenibrus eagerly said, "Let me handle this, it may be of some value for the lady to know my skill set more fully. And I have special experience with this type of monstrosity."

Tenibrus crouched in front of the paralyzed vampire's face, it was clearly starved and quite decrepit from overlong exposure in the sun. It would be easy to silence. Yet the newcomer began, "Crea-" It was frantic, it knew what Tenibrus was but its tongue was stayed by Tenibrus's silver shortsword.

"Do you know what this is demon? This is silver. And it is particularly dangerous to your kind, and this-" Here Tenibrus brought his off hand close to the vampire and had a potent flame spell readied in his hand, "Is fire." Tenibrus brought his hand close enough to the vampire as to singe its face slightly and make it squirm with pain and fear. "If I were you monster, I would not speak unless asked to speak and I would speak quite promptly and honestly when asked." Tenibrus withdrew his spell-hand slightly but kept the silver a hair's breadth from the vampire's throat. "Now, the good gentleman asked where you heard of his father. Speak! Where did you hear this!" Tenibrus barked. His voice was flowing with all of his vampiric charisma, a healthy vampire would be able to resist him quite well, as would a very strong willed mortal but the combination of prior stresses and painful stimuli rendered the current specimen quite vulnerable to Tenibrus's special form of interrogation.

Eykthain witnessed as Tenibrus drew a shortsword, polished to perfection, made of silver. If there was one thing Eykthain knew, it was weapons. He saw Tenibrus approach the vampire on the floor, crouched and told it to talk. The vampire were still quiet and resistant, but suddenly expressed a will to talk, but was stayed by his interrogators shortsword.

"Wait, what did he say? Let him speak." Eykthain said, with a voice that sounded like the devil himself. Eytkhain the family man were gone momentarily, replaced by someone else, someone dangerous. Someone that knew what he wanted and you should not argue or else you´d die. The vampire on the floor knew this yet he was resistant, but he did not have much choice now.

"So perhaps he should talk or not, perhaps he could still control the trio...bending them to his will, but the man crouched close to him, was like him, a creature of the night. He could also smell a woman, also a vampire, but could not turn his head to see if he were right and his interrogator blocked the view either way. And the man that made him this way, the Dunmer with the blue eyes, stood by his feet, glaring at him." The paralyzed vampire thought.

"No blood." Eykthain said. "I do not want him to devour himself. Being paralyzed should not stop him from trying. You see, I´ve read that vampires regenerate their health and if he can, we´re in for trouble. The reason he didn´t do it earlier were because of the sun and we kept him in a well-lit cell. Or perhaps I were utterly lucky." Eykthain did not know if the vampire would actually do any of those things, but he decided to take no risks.

Edited by Niborino9409

"Yes, delightfully warming." Selene said with a drop of disdain, raising her glass sarcastically to the remark. Despite the many years of being Royalty within the Vampire's hierarchy, she hadn't lost the qualities of a human noble, the snide remarks and sarcastic gestures.

She watched as Tenibrus asserted himself upon the beast, his silver blade threateningly looming over the creature, and the flames that sprouted in his hand radiated heat. She knew that the Vampire would talk, because if Tenibrus couldn't make him, a nice lie down on the rack would.

Selene laughed to herself as Eykthain mentioned the Vampire devouring itself. He was clearly not of an adept understanding of Vampires, but then, who other than vampires themselves were? "He won't devour his own blood... if you could call the blood of others that flows around his veins that. All it would do is put back in what is lost, so whichever way you look at this problem, he will remain in that condition. Unless of course we give him more blood, in which case my dear, he shall weaken. Starved a Vampire is at it's most powerful, physically perhaps a little frail, but their powers are on top form. Still, it shouldn't be too hard to get what we want from him, i'm sure the beast knows that there are only two options in this: The excruciatingly painful. Or the easy. The second lets him walk free, the first... shall we say those legs won't take him anywhere again." Selene said with a hint of darkness to her words. Her delicate hand gestures as she spoke her words made it clear she was of nobility, her poise, her form, her voice, it all flowed with regalia. Even when mentioning torture, she was of the mildest manners.

She got up from her seat and moved over to a Mannequin that stood in the corner of the room, she rested her veiled hat upon it's head, and spoke. "But are you truly sure you wish to know the details, Eykthain? Is it not better to let the past remain as it is? Why dig up old secrets, and seek out possible truths from nothing but rumour? Tell me, what will you do with this information? Seek your father out? Believe me, if he is alive, then he has gone to great lengths to keep that from you, which only means he is not what he once was, hmm? Intrigue is one thing my dear, finding a ghastly truth that is so far from what you wanted is another."

Edited by mythicdawnmaster

Upon hearing the dilemma he were in, Eykthain froze. "Perhaps you are right, but I do recall Tullius telling me the exact amount of Stormcloaks he managed to kill during his final hours on Mundus, and how he was brought down to mortality. But why would he keep his existence from his only son? There is no logic in that."

After a brief pause he said:

Tullius saw his body, he is dead."

Glaring at the paralyzed vampire, he frowned and re-sheated his sword. "Then there is no need to hurt him more than I have already done." He turned to the paralyzed vampire. "I am sorry for the suffering I brought upon you. Please forgive me..."

"The quickest way to kill him..."

Edited by Niborino9409

Tenibrus listened intently to Eykthain's conjectures, memories and musings. The man was too quick to see the good in Tulius. The marshal might resist torture and might appear to rule somewhat fairly but he had achieved his station by getting results. Usually with plenty of ruthlessness and a small amount of cunning. It was still quit possible the general yet lived. There was actually logic in the general hiding from his only son. If the general changed his station for the greater good of his cause but his loved ones believed him dead, failure in his operations would not bring his family further heartache. Tulius could also have well invented all the details, often times the more detailed the story, the more likely it is a construction. Until Tenibrus heard more of the story from someone else he would remain skeptical but he did not say so.

"Probably a wise choice dear Eykthain. I have found that in regards to family, the past is usually best left in the past in all instances. Now as to this monstrosity, the swiftest way to end him would be to pierce his heart, preferably with silver such as my blade." At this Tenibrus let his fire spell dissipate and then rolled the vampire onto its back so that its body was at Eykthain's feet. Tenibrus then offered the handle of his shortsword to Eykthain, "Do you wish to do the honors?" Tenibrus decided to be courteous, mercy was Eykthain's idea, not his or Selene's.

Eykthain snorted as he accepted Tenibrus offer. "Wouldn´t be more than right since I paralyzed him..."

He knelt by the paralyzed vampires side, changed his grip on the blade to reverse and cut the vampires shirt to bare its chest. Frowning, he grasped the blade by both hands and quickly but firmly planted the sword in the vampires chest, where the heart sat. Eytkhain released his grip and watched as the wound where the sword had struck started to burn and glow to finally become ash. The same thing happened to the area around the wound and it spread to the rest of the vampires body until the whole body had been turned to ash. The sword fell softly into the ashes. Eykthain picked it up, removed the dust and offered the sword handle first, back to its owner.

"So much for mercy, feels like I had been better off decapitating him. But at least it´s done, now I need to get some fresh air."

Edited by Niborino9409

Tenibrus accepted his blade thankfully and sheathed it, "It was far faster for him this way, I assure you. You do seem rather pale, good fresh air would do you some good and I'm afraid Selene and I have much business to discuss. Therefore, I must bid you farewell Eykthain, and good luck on your further adventures." Tenibrus kindly ushered the Dunmer out and carefully shut the door behind him before locking it. No need for the vampires to be disturbed, especially not when it could concern Imperial war tactics.

The vampire returned to his seat and poured the remainder of his bottle of wine into his glass, sadly only half filling it. Thankfully he had one last bottle and brought it forth, offering to fill up Selene's glass. "Now that the mortal is gone m'lady we are free to choose our topic. I'll leave the details up to you." Tenibrus leaned back easily in his chair with his wine glass tilted slightly in a carefree manner, the wine looked quite precarious but he had more than enough control to prevent any of the precious blood from dropping. "What shall we discuss? Business? Or pleasure?" Tenibrus smiled broadly now, his fangs showing slightly among his glistening, white, pointed teeth.

Numb and confused Eykthain found himself on the other side of the locked door. Breathing fresh air again he felt much better. He should report to General Tullius, he had been away far longer than necessary. He made his way to the Blue Palace, once inside he told Tullius how the mission had worked out.

"I did not manage to get her to stop torturing prisoners, but she has agreed to move her base of operations where it won´t be noticed."

"Not what I wanted to hear, but its a start. That ends your task, Eykthain. Thank you for helping me with this matter." The General said, with a broad smile. Eykthain did as he had always done, left without a word, but the General stopped him.

"Eykthain! I almost forgot, here, catch!" He threw a pouch of gold to Eykthain which he caught. "Thank you, Sir." Eykthain said, saluting to the General. He put the pouch of gold in his satchel and left the Blue Palace.

"100 Gold coins!" Eykthain thought to himself as he walked the great streets of Solitude.

Since that matter had been dealth with, one thing remained: What should he do now?

He stopped as he came to a conclusion.

The rumour about his father. He should find out wether it was true or not. The Imperial Archives beneath Castle Dour should have some information, a Generals death does not go unnoticed.

Edited by Niborino9409

Selene watched with a raised eyebrow as events unfolded before her. So fickle was the mortal, so full of emotion. Remorse... nothing but one of many chains in a bondage of pathetic feelings. She herself would have enjoyed every second of the Vampires death, from the blades penetration to the Vampire becoming one with the dust that floated around the castle. Watching Eykthain leave the Vampiress's eyebrows were still raised. It was not until Tenibrus ushered him out did she say something. "Need air... My blood give me strength, why do all of these mortals feel so illy of death? It is a necessary evil, but instead it causes quivering legs and remorse. That man has killed Stormcloaks with much less feeling i imagine." She scoffed, finishing the glass of wine in her hands.

As Tenibrus voiced his question, Selene smiled. "I don't see why we can't enjoy ourselves a little, Tenibrus. I remember your name now, you oversee the Silver mines, no? I hope none of it goes to those who could strike you down with it, such a dangerous game to play." She mused, but then focused on the subject at hand. "I have not the foggiest idea as to why Tullius has directed everyone to me, i don't know what's going on in Dawnstar and Whiterun other than what i've been told; Dawnstar is a breeding ground for Werewolves, and Whiterun involuntarily surrendered to 'High King Ulfric'. Perhaps if he listened to me every once in a while, he'd know that." Selene said with a sigh, walking over to look out of the window. Her hands began to unlace the incredibly tight corset that framed her leather dress, made from the same material, she opened her large wardrobe to reveal finery of immense value within. Clearly the lady wished to change.. "I do however have a plan. One that can benefit my personal, and Imperial interests. I was thinking of the old Thalmor Embassy... They abandoned the manor and it's surrounding buildings to move off into the hills near Riften, depriving the nobles of the soirées that bound them all together. Not only would it allow me free reign to torture every breath out of my prisoners, it would mean gaining the support of Skyrims upper echelon. No longer will they coddle Thalmor interests, Instead, they will abide to ours. My family connections stretch only to the Black-Briars here in Skyrim, but this opportunity would mean many great clans fall under my influence. I'm sure the Marshall would rather me inhabit a broken old tower, but that is only because his puny mind does not work in synchronization with the upper classes. He is a common man with common wants."

Edited by mythicdawnmaster