Heroes Of The North

Macman253

Selene chuckled slightly at Tenibrus's words about the empire. "Detract from it's image? Oh I don't think anything could do that, especially not in this city, the once throne of the wolf queen. A little torture is like sweet tea compared the the horrors that lie beneath this place's pretty little history. But you have a point. Perhaps Tullius will find me someplace outside of town to... interrogate my prisoners." She looked at the Dunmer for a moment, and said "And I promise not to kill so many... I'll leave a few alive. really it's all Tullius's fault, if he actually used my skills and ask for advice, such is the description of my job, then I wouldn't have to find such pastimes." She smiled, accepting the glass of wine, and taking a light sip. "Thank you, sir." She said with a smile. the Vampire before her was attractive, and had something of an aristocratic air about him. He too was of a differing Bloodline to the ferals that dotted Skyrim, and for that she was glad.

Looking at Eykthain as he introduced himself, the Vampiress tilted her head to the side, listening to his name and occupation. "Your father was the General wasn't he? I'm sure i met him once." She said an eyebrow raised.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"You met my father? My father was a harsh man, he did not speak about his work, for he was not proud of what he did, I could see it. As far as I can remember, he never mentioned meeting you, perhaps he forgot, or just didn´t tell me. Are you sure it was him? Did you talk to him? What happened?"

Eykthain did not know why he became so friendly and outgoing, he had never been like this, not even before that awful day, 32 years ago...

"You cannot have been more than a child when you met him, you do not look that old. You are nothing but a girl, you have not seen what happened during the war that still rages without end." He looked into her eyes and frowned, suddenly very angry, without knowing why.

Edited by Niborino9409

Tenibrus was slightly surprised at the man's acceptance of the wine. He had quite expected him to be off about his duties but then again, being in a room with two vampires could certainly make one more compliant. Tenibrus poured the man a glass of wine, he subtly used some magic to hold back as much of the blood as he could without being to obvious. He handed their companion a glass before topping off his own, this time with more blood, and offered to do the same for Selene. The taste of the blood was virtually undetectable to all but the finest wine afficianados and those with a greater... appetite for the sanguine liquid. Tenibrus hoped that Eykthain was not incredibly well versed with wines to really notice. Although Tenibrus thought he might be able to explain it away by discussing the variety of grapes and aging process involved in the wine, which was quite true. The alcohol also had the wonderful effect of keeping the blood about as nutritious as fresh.

"It is true that the opinion of the Empire here in Solitude is rather lofty. But that is all the more reason for preserving it, yes? If popular opinion should change here, it takes little imagination to see the problems that would arise throughout the province. If Tulius and Mede lose their sway here of all places, I dare say the province would be quite easy for Ulfric and his rabble to bring this civil war to a swift end. As unlikely as all that seems, I doubt not that that is Tulius's principle concern with the interrogation. There are many caves and old forts within the hold that could easily be re-purposed for this and staffed by only those with the stronger stomachs. I think this would be agreeable to all involved, morale is maintained, opinion is still high and information is still recovered. Though the indoctrination over in Windhelm is quite a formidable thing to destroy." Tenibrus smiled knowingly, understanding the political atmosphere of Skyrim had been his business for a long time, since his days with the Thieves Guild so long ago. This was his principle talent and the one that endeared him to the Brethren and afforded him frequent niceties and opportunities with the Empire.

Tenibrus now addressed Eykthain, "Ah General Rightain is your father? I met him once, a very good man. A finer tactician and more loyal gentleman I've scarcely seen. But he was not blindly loyal and that is all the more worth merit. I was greatly pained to hear that he is no longer with us." Here Tenibrus was cautious, he knew the varieties of faith which Dunmer may often hold and did not want to risk offending the man by being imprudent, "May his soul rest in peace." It was not as eloquent as he could have done, but for not knowing the mans faith it was about as best he could do without risking offence. "Please sit down Eykthain. I am sure you have quite the saga, having been in the legion for the better part of three decades."

Eykthain accepted the glass of wine, raised it to his nose and smelled it."I detect an aroma of...mudcrab. Did you mix it yourself? How long has it been stored? I have heard that wine only gets better by the years that pass."

Selene smiled as Tenibrus spoke "Indeed the rabble would be able to stir things up. I beleive you have a point, sir. Tullius will accept, and even if he doesn't i shall proceed anyway. Mede entrusted me with ensuring this war is won, and i don't plan on letting the indoctrinated servants of Ulfric and his dogs get the upper hand." Selene accepted a re-fill, carefully watching the Dunmer out of the corner of her eye. She too hoped he was no expert in the tastes of wine, but from his history, she sincerely doubted he had tasted many of the finer things in life with frequency.

"I had the same Impression of your father. Charming fellow, some very controversial tactics, but they worked, and very well. Such was his reputation though. Indeed, may he be in peace wherever he many rest." The Vampiress said with the same sense of caution her fellow vampire had taken, she understood not the Dunmers concepts of afterlife. "Do not let my appearance fool you, i am far older then i let on. let's just say those youth elixirs aren't all a lie." She said, hoping to throw the Dunmer off her trail.

Edited by mythicdawnmaster

Eykthain lowered the glass, he did not feel like drinking it just yet. "Exercise and a healthy lifestyle can do wonders can it not?" Eykthain said with a minor smirk.

"My story. I am afraid that there´s nothing but sadness in my past. I do not wish to destroy the mood by tearing up old wounds. But I could tell you about my family..." Eykthain grabbed the glass and emptied it all at once, wiping the wine of his beard, he put the glass down and took a seat on a chair beside the man.

Edited by Niborino9409

"I assure you good sir that you would not spoil the mood at all. Share all you feel compelled to." Tenibrus smiled but did not show his teeth, he was being cautious. He detained his vampiric influence, although the story would no doubt prove interesting, he did not feel the need to know this man's personal life without his being willing. For his part, Tenibrus would not compel him, though Selene just might. Tenibrus commented on his wine, "I see you don't mind the wine. It is an interesting brew to be sure, there is no mudcrab involved to my knowledge but a great variety of grapes from various parts of the Reach and the Rift. It is aged about a decade in barrels made of the wiry mosquite trees that can be found in some parts of the Reach. This is quite uncommon so it is not surprising that it should have a different taste or aroma than what you are used to." Tenibrus now looked at Selene with a mischievous look in his eye, "And you are quite right about wine, it, like many of the finer things in life," he payed particular attention to Selene here, "grows better with age." At the culmination of his little dissertation, Tenibrus took a sip of his wine, smiling slightly over the brim of his glass at the Vampiress seated opposite himself. Edited by Zephyr Kronos

Felix waited impatiently in the foyer of The Blue Palace. He was summoned by Tullius, hopefully for a job. Felix pulled the large sigil covered book from his hip and began to read the shifting and glowing runes. An imperial soldier approached him and saluted, "The Marshal will see you now." He said, Felix closed the book with a loud thud and re-hung it on his belt. He approached the stairwell and the soldier stopped him, he laid out his hand and Felix unlatched his belt and handed it to him. He gestured to his staff, Felix smiled and shook his head.

"Got a bad knee, them wood elf archers you know..." He said, the nord soldier smiled and stepped out of Felix's way and he continued up the stairs. Tullius sat in the Jarls throne. General Rikke at his side. They were in the middle of a discussion, "Are you sure about this Marshal?" Asked Rikke, Tullius nodded. "We need to handle the threat to Solitude now or it will be too late." He said, Felix stepped into view and smiled at his old commanding officer. Tullius stood from his throne and approached Felix. "Ahhh, Felix. Good to see you again, I need your magics... Sybille has told me of a threat within the city that is becoming too prominent." He said as he gestured to the woman. The robed woman nodded to Felix. She had heard of his achievements, despite his age his magical talent has only become greater.

Felix nodded, "What is the problem?" He asked as he approached Tullius while he sat on the throne once more, Rikke smiled lightly. She had seen Felix's battlefield strategies and skill first hand when she was a Lieutenant. He and her had a romantic relationship for sometime but when the war ended he left the military and the mages guild. Sybille stepped forward to explain the situation, "Recently my scrying has detected a potent magical energy in a cavern known as Wolfskull Cave. We think it might be a group of necromancers but we are not certain. We want you to go there and see what is happening." She said, Felix nodded and thought for a few moments. Absorbing what she said. He unlatched his tome and placed it on the table nearby, he flipped through the pages until he found the scrying spell inscribed into the thick enchanted parchment.

"Lokthaal...Viraldis...Signe...Morlot." He read, after he finished the Incantation his body fell limp yet his spirit remained. The Incantation of spirit-walking was useful but taxing. It temporarily gave the casters soul the ability to move as a ghost would. Felix felt himself be dragged to the cavern, inside there was a large fort hidden under the stone. He saw the dark energies radiating from the fortress but the powerful spell that was being performed there had been completed. Its occupants were missing. He then snapped back into his own body and awoke laying face down on the stone floor of the Palaces throne room.

Felix shook off the dizziness and stood, he rubbed his eye with his thumb to take away the glazing effect. "It was indeed dark magic, from my best guess it was a summoning spell." He said, he wrapped his hand around the half of his staff and used it to pull himself up. "I'll need to go there directly to be sure..." He said, Sybille looked shocked as she realized what they were doing there.

She turned to Tullius, "Marshal, Wolfskull cave got that name because of Lady Potema... I think they may have been summoning her there...." She said, Tullius looked to Felix. "I'll pay triple your fee if you can find those responsible, destroy them and banish whatever evil they have summoned. Sybille go with him." He commanded, Felix drew his hood over his head and bowed. "I will need a Black Soul Gem, an empty one. It may be the only way to stop Potema if she is indeed on Mundus once again." He said, Sybille nodded. "There is a storeroom in Castle Dour that has all the contraband magical items we've recovered. There is a Black Soul Gem there." She said, Felix nodded to her and left the palace with Sybille in tow.

"I joined the Legion when I were 17 years old, I wanted to fight the Stormcloaks but the main reason I joined the Legion was because my father would´ve wanted me to, I just knew that from the start. I fought as brave as the others, perhaps even braver and many Stormcloaks fell before me. I used my shield often, so not many arrows hit me, but some did, because nobody is perfect." He paused, opened his satchel and took out a green apple and took a bite out of it. And then continued.

"In my 20th year I were promoted to Scout, it was during that time I learned most of my skills, but also my weaknesses." As he ended the sentence Eykthain put the apple on the desk and unsheated his dagger and started to clean his nails with it.

Still cleaning his nails he resumed the story. "I were a Scout almost my whole military career. It ended after 12 long years. I still remember that day, I were summoned to an audience with the Jarl. I got my mission and walked out of there, but at the bottom of the stairs I stopped as I heard steps from behind. I turned around and saw the most beautiful woman you could ever imagine. As I looked into her eyes, trying to find something to say, she smiled at me, melting my cold heart. I thought that my heart was lost forever, but I were wrong, dead wrong. From that moment my life began. My mission did not begin yet, I had until the coming dawn to rest, so I asked if she wanted to grab something to eat together with a man that may not live to see the end of the war. She told me that life is short and you should embrace the things you had before they were lost forever and we walked together to the Skeever. After that we started seeing each other when I had spare time." Eykthain took another bite of the apple and resumed telling his story.

"We married when I were 29 and decided to move to Riften, because she loved the beautiful forest there. On the latter half of my 30th year she told me that she wanted a child, my child. We began creating the child, it took time starting the process, but after a time it started, and since we were going to expand our small family I decided to quit my military service at 31 to be able to take of my wife and child that was about to be born. When I were 32 our child arrived and her name became Eireen."

"The woman, my wife, her name was and still is, Jordis."

Eykthain re-sheathed his dagger and finished his apple.

Edited by Niborino9409

Selene smiled at Tenibrus as he hinted his words with suggestions of Vampirism. It was dangerous ground to tread, but the thrill was always something to savor, she took another sip of her wine, the blood diminishing the hunger pains she felt. She hadn't fed properly for a few weeks, instead she made do with the vials she had brought to Skyrim with her, easily passed off as bottles of vintage wine.

Selene listened to the Dunmers tale of his joining, and activities within the Legion- she had heard a similar tale with every new recruit that joins up, always doing so for the honor of the family, or because their parents will have wanted it. Still, such time can make a man, and it had certainly shaped Eykthain into a unique individual. His life was so simple to her- His tale was eat, sleep, fight, and make a cosy little family, have a happy ending. It was when one compared such a life with that of the Vampiress's, did the twisted nature of her existence shine through. her tale went more like Kill, torture, feed, sleep, murder cosy family. She spent her initial days watching those around her die with grim satisfaction, not to mention the rituals that had turned her into such a monster. Eykthain killed remorsefully for a cause he believed in... Selene killed for sadistic pleasure.

As the elf went on to describe his meeting of this Jordis woman, Selene, noticing the elf's eyes were averted, staring down at his nails, did she look at Tenibrus and put her finger to her mouth, pretending to vomit. Oh how she hated 'Love', such a pathetic bond, it tied individuals together and clouded their vision, they thought it would get them through hard times, protect them from evil... in the end it only meant they died together, rather than alone.

She also took note that the name Jordis was nordic, despite her best efforts, she hated nords with a burning passion. As Eykthain finished his tale she said rather monotonously "How lovely."

Edited by mythicdawnmaster