UFO's The Basis for What?

edgeburner

For a long trip thru normal space, you spend a significant time accelerating, maybe some time coasting, and then a significant time decelerating.... so you don't breeze past your destination at some percentage of light speed. :D You get there with just enough velocity to achieve orbit.

Ion engines are all well and good, but, at this point, they simply aren't practical. Still need conventional rockets to get you into space initially, (build the ship in space?) and they are VERY low thrust, AND they DO require 'fuel'.... xenon gas is used at present.

They are fine for small probes, but, something on the scale of a generation ship? Nope, not gonna work. Consider you need a minimum population of around 400 people to have a viable gene pool, plus whatever livestock they want to bring, plus enough food, or a way to produce it, to feed everyone for the time the trip takes, and then probably a couple years after landing. I.E. The ship is gonna be BIG. As yet, we don't have the technology to put folks to sleep for that kind of time.... so, need to keep those folks busy, and educate the follow-on generations in both how to run the ship, and eventually, how to survive on a planet surface. And THAT is yet another interesting stumbling block. By the time they get there, there won't be anyone alive that actually lived on a planets surface...... Or experienced 'weather', or extremely large wide open spaces........ (without benefit of a space suit.....) Who's to say that once they get there, and the prospect of essentially permanently grounding themselves just doesn't have the appeal for them, as it did for the folks that initially signed up for the trip....... Then what?

Nah, what we REALLY needs is a workable faster than light drive. Don't really care just HOW it works, so long as it does indeed work. I would happily volunteer to go out on an explorer ship. :) (after at least the first one came BACK though.....) I think that would be a gas. :D

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm, just spit balling again here.

I wonder if some of the ancient aliens stuff wasn't originally caused by an, at the time, unknown use or consequence of Epigenetics?

I believe that the 'Liger" - a cross between a male lion and a female tiger - Is an expression of this science.

Could it be that at some point certain people, groups or families were fed only "the food of the Gods" or given some form or "Royal Elixir" and as such gained traits that "common folk" didn't? Perhaps this could explain things like some ancient "gods" or royalty (who were oft times deified themselves) having "Giant" stature, increased intelligence, mutated features, paranormal abilities (ahem) or some other such distinguishing feature?

It's also entirely possible that perhaps this WAS originally some "crashed" or otherwise landed "ET" who had previous knowledge, or learned/discovered it whilst they walked among us, and that knowledge was passed on in folklore or tradition. Or perhaps they brought the "food" with them, which had an unexpected effect on Homo Sapien's? Perhaps the prevalence of "Aliens" wasn't caused by a large number of visitations, but by an hereditary trait that can sometimes pop up from time to time.

Perhaps this could also explain those seeming random "geniuses" that appear throughout human history? Some totally random combination of circumstances occurs, and out pops Leonardo Da Vinci, Isaac Newton or Stephen Hawking?

I've read some interesting theories about bending space and time in order to create a sort of "black hole" that will result in almost instantaneous space travel. The actual physics are beyond my understanding but, it makes for some interesting reading. Google it.

Perrraine...spitballing on this sort of topic is perfectly OK. I often wonder just how many of these "geniuses" are overlooked because of circumstance. Maybe they were born in some third world nation and will never be recognized? Never heard from? How many geniuses have withdrawn from society because they are so utterly focused on the technical that they are utterly lacking in social skills? They simply cannot cope with relating to others on a daily basis? Perhaps we will read some of their findings years after they pass?

Then again, there is the genealogy/chromosome aspect....Some believe that woman are born into men's physical bodies (and visa versa) because of chromosome misalignment. Hence, transgenderism. How can two parents berth three "normal" children and one with a chromosome misalignment? Is there a correlation?

We have a lot to learn.

Edited by edgeburner

"For a long trip thru normal space, you spend a significant time accelerating, maybe some time coasting, and then a significant time decelerating.... so you don't breeze past your destination at some percentage of light speed. :D You get there with just enough velocity to achieve orbit."

Yup! it;s all about orbital calculation, planetary axis and rotation, ect. It's sort of like shooting a bullet....if you miss, that bullet cannot possibly change direction and hit the target. Hell, just shooting a unit up to the International space station must be perfectly calculated.....If you miss, you miss. There ain't no chasin' it down and docking.

I've read some interesting theories about bending space and time in order to create a sort of "black hole" that will result in almost instantaneous space travel. The actual physics are beyond my understanding but, it makes for some interesting reading. Google it.

Perrraine...spitballing on this sort of topic is perfectly OK. I often wonder just how many of these "geniuses" are overlooked because of circumstance. Maybe they were born in some third world nation and will never be recognized? Never heard from? How many geniuses have withdrawn from society because they are so utterly focused on the technical that they are utterly lacking in social skills? They simply cannot cope with relating to others on a daily basis? Perhaps we will read some of their findings years after they pass?

Then again, there is the genealogy/chromosome aspect....Some believe that woman are born into men's physical bodies (and visa versa) because of chromosome misalignment. Hence, transgenderism. How can two parents berth three "normal" children and one with a chromosome misalignment? Is there a correlation?

We have a lot to learn.

It's been my experience, that the 'smarter' folks are, the worse their social skills are. This is VERY easy to see at any sort of Mensa event...... :) Sure, there are the few odd ones that can actually interact socially, and 'seem' fairly normal, but, they are rare, and it is generally quite the effort for them to do so. Sometimes I think social skill is inversely proportional to intelligence. :D

Or perhaps the "next" Newton, Einstein or Hawking has been born many, many times, but they never got the chance to actually go to school, or didn't get that random opportunity to fulfil their potential for any number of reasons.

I have to say though, that I do NOT like the "cronyism" that seems rampant in today's academia, nor the sad emphasis on research grants and book publishing, or getting your "paper" printed by a University, so that it becomes "required" reading ... for a price.

It's not altogether "new" this sort of thing used to happen in the past, but scientists themselves usually stopped that crap at the start. Not many know the name Satyendra Bose, and without the help of Einstein, probably nobody would. But Einstein chose to ignore the "establishment" and now this unknown formerly Indian physicists, at least within the community, is highly regarded and respected, nearly as much as Einstein himself. Or look up the names Maria Goeppert Mayer and Ida Noddack, without whom MANY of the things we take for granted today wouldn't exist.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

During the 1980s, apparently the Russians discovered that UFOs would often be attracted to areas of heightened tension.

"We can say that we learned to summon UFOs in Vladimirovka. To do this, we dramatically increased the number of military flights and movement of the equipment. If the intensity on our side increased, UFOs appeared with the probability of 100 percent.”

- Former major-general Vasily Yeremenko

According to Yeremenko, most of the objects looked like luminous spheres.

There's also a strong correlation between UFO sightings and nuclear infrastructure - this is shown by the work of Jacques Vallee which collected nearly 1,000 UFO observations. Analysis of the data therein shows a clear pattern of sightings at nuclear power stations.

This is echoed by Donald Keyhoe's findings; sightings have been reported at atomic energy plants at Los Alamos, Oak Ridge, Hanford, and smaller plants such as Newport, Indiana. The most frequent observations were over the Los Alamos area.

• 4 weeks later...