"You cannot reply to this topic"

Ghia

Hi,

When I play a mod, I usually follow the Forum thread for that mod.

Yesterday and today, I get the "You cannot reply to this topic" message when I go to a forum thread. And I'm logged in.

I've been on Nexus since 2009 and never experienced this before. Only 2 days ago I posted to the Ayleid Palace SE thread and and a thread in the LE mods forum. Everything was fine at that time.

I use up to date FF and have made no changes to browser or PC lately.

Enhancing protection for Nexus is off, and the site(s) set to Trusted in Ghostery.

Tried turning my Webroot anti virus off, no change.

I even restored my machine to before I last posted successfully.

I tried with Internet Explorer, that didn't work either.

Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but what to do ?

Any help much appreciated :-)

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the same problem. When I sent a PM to a moderator and I got the answer that you cannot reply to any post on the mod pages from the forum. For some reason it causes "issues". I have also been here for a few years and all of a sudden there are "issues" that just came up.

Hi Ghia,

As of yesterday we disabled the ability to respond to mod page comment sections via the forum. You can however still read them as normal. There were a few reasons for this, the main one being any reply via the forum to an existing comment chain breaks that chain on the site side and starts a new one, leading to disjointed and messy conversations.

You are still able to reply via the comments section of the mod page as normal.

@Pickysaurus

How odd....doesn't make any sense to me. A foum thread is much simpler to follow than the comments on the mod page.

And it has worked just fine for years.

By the way, it also means that it is no longer possible to search the comments.

This was a very important function, as it made it possible to find answers to problems without having to re-ask the question or search through every post. Very useful for mods with a large number of posts !

The point is that it actually hasn't worked for years. It was literally breaking how comments looked on the site (not the forums, the site).

You can still search the comments via the forum - nothing has stopped that from working.

The point is that it actually hasn't worked for years. It was literally breaking how comments looked on the site (not the forums, the site).

You can still search the comments via the forum - nothing has stopped that from working.

If I search the forum thread via "This topic", I only get a blank page.

Hmm... can you please post a link to the forum topic you're trying to search. I'll test this out and see what happens. If the permission change has broken the search it may be a bigger problem. However, I have had cases where some topics are so large the forum just times out when searching for posts.

Hmm... can you please post a link to the forum topic you're trying to search. I'll test this out and see what happens. If the permission change has broken the search it may be bigger problem. However, I have had cases where some topics are so large the forum just times out when searching for posts.

I just did a search through the Oblivion Character Overhaul v2 mod comments Forum topic for IkeCoast and it came up no problems.