Fallout 4 Creation Kit Beta and an Important Notice to Survival Testers

SirSalami

In response to post #37108225. #37109970, #37110580, #37111215 are all replies on the same post.

JudaS90 wrote: will we be FORCED to use the ingame mod manager now? i would much prefer to continue using nexus mod manager.
ddotthomas wrote: "authors will be in no way restricted from distributing their work elsewhere in the same manner they always have." Read please
darthmexican5 wrote: dont bully him for being retarded
ErosLogos wrote: You're being a sight worse, darthmexican. Is it that hard to not be an asshole?

I'd also like to know this - not for creating mods, but for loading them. I have updated my NMM but my mods are still not loading - darker nights, and realistic weather are the two I'm really looking forward to specifically.

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #37066830.

mrresistance wrote: Get ready for this site to be flooded with hundreds of thousands of mods... with like 50% of them being perverted mods cough cough... animated sex is definitely one mod that WILL appear here.

What did you expect?

This is why I was completely 100% on Bethesda's side when it was rumored only men will be playable.

This is what I was waiting for. Just bought it. Been playing it on Xbox for months now, and was waiting on an official Creation Kit release to purchase it for my rig. Cannot wait to see what the modding community pumps out for this amazing game!

In response to post #37108225. #37109970, #37110580, #37111215, #37114020 are all replies on the same post.

JudaS90 wrote: will we be FORCED to use the ingame mod manager now? i would much prefer to continue using nexus mod manager.
ddotthomas wrote: "authors will be in no way restricted from distributing their work elsewhere in the same manner they always have." Read please
darthmexican5 wrote: dont bully him for being retarded
ErosLogos wrote: You're being a sight worse, darthmexican. Is it that hard to not be an asshole?
freya235 wrote: I'd also like to know this - not for creating mods, but for loading them. I have updated my NMM but my mods are still not loading - darker nights, and realistic weather are the two I'm really looking forward to specifically.

@ddotthomas He wasn't asking about mod creation and distribution. mod distribution has nothing to do with using a manager.

@JudaS90 No, you can still use NMM, Just update to the latest version.

@freya235 Make sure you re-enable all the mods after updating the NMM Edited by NismoMan

In response to post #37107925. #37108105, #37109210, #37111320 are all replies on the same post.

jediakyrol wrote: so, After grabbing the CK, I've noticed that my saves are now prefixed with "[M]" is that a marker for "has mods installed"?
darthtrevhat wrote: That would make sense, maybe it relates to the fact that mods will disable Achievements :( Source:https://community.bethesda.net/thread/9278
jediakyrol wrote: ...wow...I just read that...that is pants-on-head retarded....especially considering all of the mods that only exist to fix stuff that Beth screwed up and refused to fix themselves.

... ... ...but...knowing Bethesda...it's probably really easy to disable the thing that checks for your save being modded...watch that become the #1 mod!
ErosLogos wrote: Jedia, don't kid yourself about the nature of most mods. Most mods just add jiggly boobies, neat weapons, and cool armor and clothes. Only a tiny fraction do any kind of bug fixing, and most of those are good-enough hacks.

But, yes, I am irritated by that. Chances are, there may be a mod that does that. Then Bethesda will counter it, then another version that counters the counter, etc. Energy on Bethesda's and modder's part will be wasted on something so stupid.

I promise you that Bethesda will probably undo that. And there is the slight possibility that Bethesda will make it very, very hard to disable it.

In all honesty I don't expect there to be as many Unofficial Patches for FO4 as there are for Skyrim. I've been playing it on Xbox for months now and have not come across hardly anything. Time will tell.

In response to post #37066830. #37114365 is also a reply to the same post.

mrresistance wrote: Get ready for this site to be flooded with hundreds of thousands of mods... with like 50% of them being perverted mods cough cough... animated sex is definitely one mod that WILL appear here.
Kalikedeshi wrote: What did you expect?

This is why I was completely 100% on Bethesda's side when it was rumored only men will be playable.

And once more: what's wrong with the perverted mods? Besides, the one's we'll get will be pretty tame. If you hop over to another place, anything goes~

In response to post #37107925. #37108105, #37109210, #37111320, #37114575 are all replies on the same post.

jediakyrol wrote: so, After grabbing the CK, I've noticed that my saves are now prefixed with "[M]" is that a marker for "has mods installed"?
darthtrevhat wrote: That would make sense, maybe it relates to the fact that mods will disable Achievements :( Source:https://community.bethesda.net/thread/9278
jediakyrol wrote: ...wow...I just read that...that is pants-on-head retarded....especially considering all of the mods that only exist to fix stuff that Beth screwed up and refused to fix themselves.

... ... ...but...knowing Bethesda...it's probably really easy to disable the thing that checks for your save being modded...watch that become the #1 mod!
ErosLogos wrote: Jedia, don't kid yourself about the nature of most mods. Most mods just add jiggly boobies, neat weapons, and cool armor and clothes. Only a tiny fraction do any kind of bug fixing, and most of those are good-enough hacks.

But, yes, I am irritated by that. Chances are, there may be a mod that does that. Then Bethesda will counter it, then another version that counters the counter, etc. Energy on Bethesda's and modder's part will be wasted on something so stupid.

I promise you that Bethesda will probably undo that. And there is the slight possibility that Bethesda will make it very, very hard to disable it.
ZeketheGeek wrote: In all honesty I don't expect there to be as many Unofficial Patches for FO4 as there are for Skyrim. I've been playing it on Xbox for months now and have not come across hardly anything. Time will tell.

@zekethegeek

Here's something to think about; while I love modding, most of the glitches started when I started modding. Before that, the game was pretty stable.

In response to post #37107925. #37108105, #37109210, #37111320, #37114575, #37114935 are all replies on the same post.

ZeketheGeek wrote: In all honesty I don't expect there to be as many Unofficial Patches for FO4 as there are for Skyrim. I've been playing it on Xbox for months now and have not come across hardly anything. Time will tell.
ErosLogos wrote: @zekethegeek

Here's something to think about; while I love modding, most of the glitches started when I started modding. Before that, the game was pretty stable.

That was fast, Here you go ;)

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12465/?

Courtesy of @Expired6978

In response to post #37107925. #37108105, #37109210, #37111320, #37114575, #37114935, #37115000 are all replies on the same post.

ErosLogos wrote: @zekethegeek

NismoMan wrote: That was fast, Here you go ;)

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12465/?

Courtesy of @Expired6978

Honestly, at this point, I don't care about achievements.