Fallout 4 Creation Kit Beta and an Important Notice to Survival Testers

SirSalami

In response to post #37122990. #37123005 is also a reply to the same post.

SchallerAG wrote:

After a couple Tutorial, Helps and Informations, I write my problem here:

So I updated from Beta 1.3 (no internet on my Gaming PC) to the 1.5.157. Before I updated, all my

Mods worked fine, no problems at all. If I start now FO4 I can't load any of my old saves. Instant CTD.

So looked for Fallout4Custon.ini. If I delete it, I can start a New Game without Crash. Old Save still don't load.

If I add the [Archive] "Mod" into the ini, the game starts to crash again.

I made a back up from my Plugins.txt, Loadorder.txt & DLCList.txt. I saw the change in the Plugins.txt, so i updated my NMM

from 0.61.18 to 0.6.20.

Tried to enable all mods (~ 70 Mods) -> doesn't work

Reinstalled all Mods -> doesn't work.

What should I do? Reinstall my entire game?

Please help.

LiamYule1996 wrote: im having the same issue, re-installing didnt solve the ctd, crashes even without mods installed - all it takes is for archive invalidation to be on and i crash when loading a save

Having pretty much the same problem, except I have much fewer mods and even less plugins. Mostly its just textures. It happened right after the "hot fix" update to the beta, before that I had no issues. I have made sure that I'm using the latest version of NMM and that it activates my plugins with an *.

I have already tried reinstalling everything and deleted my previous save, incase it had become corrupted and started a new character. Everything seemed to work fine until I start doing "main" missions. I'm able to load the last save, which is inside the place you meet Preston and his group for the first time, but when I attempt to go outside to take the Power Armour, the game either immediately CTDs or after a few seconds.

Same issue with my previous save, except here it happened in the Vault you save Nick Valentine from, when attempting to leave with him.

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #37117350.

RaffTheSweetling wrote: Seems like some of the easy-to-use functionality from the GECK is nowhere to be found in this incarnation of the CK.

Highlighting/selecting items seems either bugged, or programed in a certain way, so as to not work a lot of the time. If you are manipulating an object, deselect it and try to immediately re-select the same object it will often not work. The Geck did something similar I recall, but not as bad. You could have this object isolated well away from others, and it would still refuse to let you select it for some reason.

I have had issues editing NPCs also. Copied a dead raider NPC and made a unique dead guy, only to learn there was no way to change many of the dead Raider's default settings at all. Could not change its name to anything else. Very strange. I had anticipated an option to enable the option, but no option. :(

To change any npc names you have to go to the template tab and uncheck whichever pertains to the area you want to to change. Just learned that myself.

So to change the name you have to uncheck Use Base Data

In response to post #37117350. #37126175 is also a reply to the same post.

RaffTheSweetling wrote: Seems like some of the easy-to-use functionality from the GECK is nowhere to be found in this incarnation of the CK.

Highlighting/selecting items seems either bugged, or programed in a certain way, so as to not work a lot of the time. If you are manipulating an object, deselect it and try to immediately re-select the same object it will often not work. The Geck did something similar I recall, but not as bad. You could have this object isolated well away from others, and it would still refuse to let you select it for some reason.

I have had issues editing NPCs also. Copied a dead raider NPC and made a unique dead guy, only to learn there was no way to change many of the dead Raider's default settings at all. Could not change its name to anything else. Very strange. I had anticipated an option to enable the option, but no option. :(

Horus5 wrote: To change any npc names you have to go to the template tab and uncheck whichever pertains to the area you want to to change. Just learned that myself.

So to change the name you have to uncheck Use Base Data

Many thanks, Horus5. :)

So does the built in mod feature work? I havnt edited any ini files or done anything. Im runnng the latest BETA and I can browse the mods ingame. I DL'ed the unofficial patch and one called SOS: sleep or save, because having to nap 1 hour all the time is immersion breaking as hell, but its donst seem to work. It says that they are enabeled. Do I need to edit the ini files even if I just use the ingame mod feature?

In response to post #37122990. #37123005, #37125890 are all replies on the same post.

SchallerAG wrote:

After a couple Tutorial, Helps and Informations, I write my problem here:

So I updated from Beta 1.3 (no internet on my Gaming PC) to the 1.5.157. Before I updated, all my

Mods worked fine, no problems at all. If I start now FO4 I can't load any of my old saves. Instant CTD.

So looked for Fallout4Custon.ini. If I delete it, I can start a New Game without Crash. Old Save still don't load.

If I add the [Archive] "Mod" into the ini, the game starts to crash again.

I made a back up from my Plugins.txt, Loadorder.txt & DLCList.txt. I saw the change in the Plugins.txt, so i updated my NMM

from 0.61.18 to 0.6.20.

Tried to enable all mods (~ 70 Mods) -> doesn't work

Reinstalled all Mods -> doesn't work.

What should I do? Reinstall my entire game?

Please help.

LiamYule1996 wrote: im having the same issue, re-installing didnt solve the ctd, crashes even without mods installed - all it takes is for archive invalidation to be on and i crash when loading a save
MrGroenning wrote: Having pretty much the same problem, except I have much fewer mods and even less plugins. Mostly its just textures. It happened right after the "hot fix" update to the beta, before that I had no issues. I have made sure that I'm using the latest version of NMM and that it activates my plugins with an *.

I have already tried reinstalling everything and deleted my previous save, incase it had become corrupted and started a new character. Everything seemed to work fine until I start doing "main" missions. I'm able to load the last save, which is inside the place you meet Preston and his group for the first time, but when I attempt to go outside to take the Power Armour, the game either immediately CTDs or after a few seconds.

Same issue with my previous save, except here it happened in the Vault you save Nick Valentine from, when attempting to leave with him.

custom.ini causes the crash, remove it, old saves load, add it and CTD
not sure where to add ini lines now, i assume we will have to edit fallout.ini and falloutprefs.ini for things to work, i got all my mods working except for all my non .esp files ( textures mainly ) also now i have a crappy FOV that is sickness inducing :( Edited by macdaddy1176

In response to post #37122340. #37125520, #37125625 are all replies on the same post.

LiamYule1996 wrote: None of my mods work anymore after doing the beta update :(

My saves launch when archive invalidation is off but the game crashes upon loading a save if that is enabled.

Even with no mods installed but archive invalidation/enable plugins changes made it crashes.

I have tried re-installing fallout 4 also.
izon87604 wrote: getting this too. mods work if they are just esps but not if they add textures etc.
LiamYule1996 wrote: yeah, i have narrowed it down to an issue with Invalidate archives - with that active nothing works.

my custom ini doesnt even get generated anymore. so i wonder whether they completely removed that function