Fallout 4 Creation Kit Beta and an Important Notice to Survival Testers

SirSalami

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #37122340. #37125520, #37125625, #37128230, #37129135, #37130600 are all replies on the same post.

LiamYule1996 wrote: None of my mods work anymore after doing the beta update :(

My saves launch when archive invalidation is off but the game crashes upon loading a save if that is enabled.

Even with no mods installed but archive invalidation/enable plugins changes made it crashes.

I have tried re-installing fallout 4 also.
izon87604 wrote: getting this too. mods work if they are just esps but not if they add textures etc.
LiamYule1996 wrote: yeah, i have narrowed it down to an issue with Invalidate archives - with that active nothing works.
izon87604 wrote: my custom ini doesnt even get generated anymore. so i wonder whether they completely removed that function
loadofbs9 wrote: Yeah same :(
Grimsonius wrote: Archive invalidation works for me with all mesh/texture/sound replacement mods.

But I had to remove interface replacement mods like "no dotdotdot", these caused CTDs upon starting/loading save games!

Once it updated it worked - but now its broken upon re-launching the game

The Fallout 4 v1.5 update is up and running on my computer. I have experienced no problems with the update.

When I first opened NMM to launch the updated FO4, I had to recheck the .esp boxes by importing my saved load order. Then I used NMM (v0.61.17) to launch the game, and the game loaded normally from my last save. I then exited the game, installed the latest version of F4SE and then re-started the game using NMM and the F4SE launcher. The game is running normally.

I do have some non-.esp texture mods, but they have not caused any problems. I also have some UI mods, and they have not caused any problems. However, these mods do not alter the core HUD or the Pipboy, and that's probably why I'm not getting the CTD that others are reporting.

Edited by Augusta Calidia

In response to post #37130850. #37131075, #37131190 are all replies on the same post.

oliverrook wrote:

I have confirmed that it IS INDEED UI MODs that are causing crashes. Anything that changes the UI of the hud and/or pipboy causes ctd.

rei321 wrote: hmmm my reskin of pipboy aka x-92 suit + pipboy works fine
ErosLogos wrote: Reskins don't change the UI.

As oliverrook found, I can run the game and load saves as long as I disable DEF UI. I've enabled DEF_INV but not DEF_HUD and my saves are loading again.

I have some retextures, Valentine 2k, the Satellite World Map, they do not seem to be causing a problem. He says. For now.

God I had forgotten just how ugly and oversized the default UI is...

Same issue for me, the 1.5 update broke my modded game, CTD when I try to launch my saves or a new game, I thought it was a trouble with shadowboost, then with my ENB. In fact I had to deinstall all of my mods and now it's okay. It's shocking to see vanilla graphics again :/

In response to post #37132290.

XR3EFI88 wrote: Same issue for me, the 1.5 update broke my modded game, CTD when I try to launch my saves or a new game, I thought it was a trouble with shadowboost, then with my ENB. In fact I had to deinstall all of my mods and now it's okay. It's shocking to see vanilla graphics again :/

I will try to reinstall at least my texture mods...!

So at first I had the same CTD problems as others, despite using the F4SE for the 1.5 beta, then having removed DEF UI I could load my saves and all other mods work fine.

There is a patch for DEF UI for the 1.5 beta. Once I installed this patch all my mods work again, including DEF UI.

In response to post #37122340. #37125520, #37125625, #37128230, #37129135, #37130600, #37131280 are all replies on the same post.

LiamYule1996 wrote: None of my mods work anymore after doing the beta update :(

My saves launch when archive invalidation is off but the game crashes upon loading a save if that is enabled.

Even with no mods installed but archive invalidation/enable plugins changes made it crashes.

I have tried re-installing fallout 4 also.
izon87604 wrote: getting this too. mods work if they are just esps but not if they add textures etc.
LiamYule1996 wrote: yeah, i have narrowed it down to an issue with Invalidate archives - with that active nothing works.
izon87604 wrote: my custom ini doesnt even get generated anymore. so i wonder whether they completely removed that function
loadofbs9 wrote: Yeah same :(
Grimsonius wrote: Archive invalidation works for me with all mesh/texture/sound replacement mods.

But I had to remove interface replacement mods like "no dotdotdot", these caused CTDs upon starting/loading save games!
LiamYule1996 wrote: Once it updated it worked - but now its broken upon re-launching the game

thanks i will remove these