Fallout 4 Creation Kit Beta and an Important Notice to Survival Testers

SirSalami

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #37136210. #37136415 is also a reply to the same post.

LordCybot wrote: So Bethesda is evidently trying to kick Nexus off the market, if you use NMM you'll have to re enable mod from Fallout 4's new mod menu every time you start the game.
EVERY TIME.

For anyone with more than a dozen or so ESPs this will become a literal nightmare.
Zeedric wrote: A problem this big will either not stay in the game for long, or be resolved by the modding community

I've never had to do this. I can even arrange and activate/deactivate the plugins I got from Bethesda.net from NMM after I use the game to download them first.

If your game is giving you the warning that your plugins are missing:
1)Go into appdata where plugins.txt is
2)delete plugins.txt,
3)then go into NMM and uncheck then recheck any single esp or to be cautious use the uncheck/check all buttons. It should have remade the plugins.txt file in the folder.
4)open plugins.txt to make sure the right .esps have *s next to them.
5)Then I set it to read-only just to be safe and everything loaded.

You may have to do this every time you change mods but that's less of a pain then using the mod menu every time you launch. You might not have to do it every time either but I've had to do it a couple times.

Ok.. So.. For clarity, is it best to stay away until another update is pushed or is there a simple way to get mods working again?

I tried survival mode with a fresh game. Quickly realised that the console was still disabled, frustratingly, so I changed to a normal game mode. Reloaded. Noticed that I couldnt find any mod weapons via console.. So.. Mods arnt loading.. I've updated everything, enabled and disabled.. Get no CTDs but again, no weapon or armor mods appear..

What do we do?

I see a lot of people having problems. I'm not having any. I'm on the latest beta of Fallout, I've got the latest version of NMM. everything still works for me. I don't know what to tell you about textures or specific instances of npc problems but here's what you might need to do if you're getting the missing plugins warning:

2)delete plugins.txt,

3)then go into NMM and uncheck then recheck any single esp or to be cautious use the uncheck/check all buttons. It should have remade the plugins.txt file in the folder.

I didn't even have to use the games new mod menu. You may have to repeat this if you change your plugins or order. I can even control plugins I downloaded through the game. I hope this helps some of you out.

In response to post #37136210. #37136415, #37137680 are all replies on the same post.

LordCybot wrote: So Bethesda is evidently trying to kick Nexus off the market, if you use NMM you'll have to re enable mod from Fallout 4's new mod menu every time you start the game.
EVERY TIME.

For anyone with more than a dozen or so ESPs this will become a literal nightmare.
Zeedric wrote: A problem this big will either not stay in the game for long, or be resolved by the modding community
KotovChaos wrote: I've never had to do this. I can even arrange and activate/deactivate the plugins I got from Bethesda.net from NMM after I use the game to download them first.

2)delete plugins.txt,

You may have to do this every time you change mods but that's less of a pain then using the mod menu every time you launch. You might not have to do it every time either but I've had to do it a couple times.

This is not universally the case. I have 44 active ESPs. Once I re-enabled them after the v1.5 update, I have not had to re-enable them since. I am using NMM v0.61.17.

I know re-enabling is a real problem for many NMM users, and I have no explanation for why the problem affects some but not others. I wish I could help, but I just don't know enough about how these things work. Edited by Augusta Calidia

In response to post #37135805.

ChaosKittyKat wrote: I'm very new at this, but I have a feeling I should have just stayed away until all the bugs were worked out of the system...

I have latest Beth patch, latest NMM installed, reinstalled all of the mods i had, have all UI mods disabled, done as many fixes as y'all have suggested within my very limited knowledge... I can load my saves, but I just randomly CTD while in-game. 3 times leaving a building and 1 time when I came upon the alien crash site. It also randomly disables my plugins in the game menu.

I don't really understand whats going on, but I hope that things will stabilize soon.

If your able to get into the game at all it's probably related to a specific mod or specific vanilla bug. Most people having trouble are crashing before there game even loads or are having issues with parts of mods being gone. I would google about crashes specific to the area you're having them in (Boston, settlements, etc) or the situation you're in when they happen (entering/exiting building, using VATS, looking at certain events, etc). Then I would ask around about certain mods crashing with the new updates or just because they're buggy. It could very well be the new beta and the way mods are handled now (I'm no expert) but it doesn't sound consistent with problems others are having.

In response to post #37137800.

topherbrink wrote: Ok.. So.. For clarity, is it best to stay away until another update is pushed or is there a simple way to get mods working again?

I tried survival mode with a fresh game. Quickly realised that the console was still disabled, frustratingly, so I changed to a normal game mode. Reloaded. Noticed that I couldnt find any mod weapons via console.. So.. Mods arnt loading.. I've updated everything, enabled and disabled.. Get no CTDs but again, no weapon or armor mods appear..

What do we do?

Is the game warning you of missing plugins?
if so here's the gist of a post I mad above

2)delete plugins.txt,

In response to post #37135805. #37137990 is also a reply to the same post.

ChaosKittyKat wrote: I'm very new at this, but I have a feeling I should have just stayed away until all the bugs were worked out of the system...

I have latest Beth patch, latest NMM installed, reinstalled all of the mods i had, have all UI mods disabled, done as many fixes as y'all have suggested within my very limited knowledge... I can load my saves, but I just randomly CTD while in-game. 3 times leaving a building and 1 time when I came upon the alien crash site. It also randomly disables my plugins in the game menu.

I don't really understand whats going on, but I hope that things will stabilize soon.
KotovChaos wrote: If your able to get into the game at all it's probably related to a specific mod or specific vanilla bug. Most people having trouble are crashing before there game even loads or are having issues with parts of mods being gone. I would google about crashes specific to the area you're having them in (Boston, settlements, etc) or the situation you're in when they happen (entering/exiting building, using VATS, looking at certain events, etc). Then I would ask around about certain mods crashing with the new updates or just because they're buggy. It could very well be the new beta and the way mods are handled now (I'm no expert) but it doesn't sound consistent with problems others are having.

Thanks for the tips! I will continue to investigate...

In response to post #37136210. #37136415, #37137680, #37137905 are all replies on the same post.

EVERY TIME.

KotovChaos wrote: I've never had to do this. I can even arrange and activate/deactivate the plugins I got from Bethesda.net from NMM after I use the game to download them first.

2)delete plugins.txt,

Augusta Calidia wrote: This is not universally the case. I have 44 active ESPs. Once I re-enabled them after the v1.5 update, I have not had to re-enable them since. I am using NMM v0.61.17.

I know re-enabling is a real problem for many NMM users, and I have no explanation for why the problem affects some but not others. I wish I could help, but I just don't know enough about how these things work.

I know it's not universal. Almost nothing in modding is. I was simply stating that NMM isn't unusable. Whether they have to do this often or not, I just meant they can still use NMM and not touch the in game mod menu.