Project Spotlight: Fallout 4: New Vegas

Pickysaurus

In response to post #67501156.

TheNiceGuy6 wrote: I WOULD PAY 40 DOLLARS FOR THAT THING.........if i had the money BUT HOLY CRAP THAT IS AMAZING. Im a big fallout new vegas player, and i love seeing it rebuilt in fallout 4. The engine in fallout 4 makes it really great, how all the textures and meshes work so nicely together. I cant wait to see this released fully and completely done.

dood i wold pay 60

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #67475806.

sturmgewehr44 wrote: I do hope this actually gets finished. What ever happened to Skywind?

Based off how Bethesda has kinda killed (or put on hiatus) the Fallout franchise with the release and subsequent scandals related to Fallout 76, and how the Fallout: New Vegas fan base (myself included) are dedicated and on going. The support the devs are getting and going to get as well as the want to support them monetarily, even seen in this thread, Should be more than enough incentive to continue the work.

But that's all what I've gleamed for forums and such... So I hope so too.

In response to post #67475806. #67518391 is also a reply to the same post.

sturmgewehr44 wrote: I do hope this actually gets finished. What ever happened to Skywind?
TheChurch wrote: Based off how Bethesda has kinda killed (or put on hiatus) the Fallout franchise with the release and subsequent scandals related to Fallout 76, and how the Fallout: New Vegas fan base (myself included) are dedicated and on going. The support the devs are getting and going to get as well as the want to support them monetarily, even seen in this thread, Should be more than enough incentive to continue the work.

But that's all what I've gleamed for forums and such... So I hope so too.

Lol. Why do modders always have to announce what the hell they're up to? I say they get to work now, then wait till 76 goes free to play then out of nowhere release a finished form of the game as a FO4 mod. Then, for the ultimate cue de gras I say we go totally retro and throw FO3 in there too. We could call it...Fallout 4 All: Unbreakable. I'd probably laugh so hard I'd give myself a hernia. If this mod is for real it actually has way more potential than NV actually did. Only half joking about the game series mod thing. Knowing the engines are so similar makes one wonder if a little clever hacking couldn't find a way to virtually import things like worldspace, or at least the mesh vertices, cutting fractions off work time. Edited by foxx0021

In response to post #67501156. #67507596 is also a reply to the same post.

TheNiceGuy6 wrote: I WOULD PAY 40 DOLLARS FOR THAT THING.........if i had the money BUT HOLY CRAP THAT IS AMAZING. Im a big fallout new vegas player, and i love seeing it rebuilt in fallout 4. The engine in fallout 4 makes it really great, how all the textures and meshes work so nicely together. I cant wait to see this released fully and completely done.
scrafty560 wrote: dood i wold pay 60

They can't really monetize this since it's not their IP but I think they accept donations.

In the picture above, the road and its surroundings look nothing like the fnv picture. Judging by that, I don't feel like F4NV will have the same western feel of fnv. I know it's just one area, but recreating fnv in fo4's engine seems almost impossible if you still want that fnv feel, that at least I have come to love and that had me replaying the game over and over. To me it just looks like another picture of Boston. I would still love to see this project made, this is just a criticism. I am willing to try this out

In response to post #66971136. #66981371, #66983471, #66986236, #66987086, #66992286, #66998471, #66999186 are all replies on the same post.

Moksha8088 wrote: This project is sure to be a big hit when it is released.

BTW, if modders come up with any future F4FNV texture mods, more than just improved rust would be appreciated. Will there be any previs/precombined stuff to worry about?

Nordrake wrote: Just imagine for a second how many bugs this new game will have and certainly this will ruin all hype in one day for people like you. And it will take ages for modders to fix all s#*!. This project is overhyped.
neoquinn wrote: @Nordrake Wow what a c*%!.
BuddviBrittania wrote: @Nordrake Can't f*#@ it up worse than Bethesda did 76 lmao, but I believe in these guys, they seem to actually listen to the fans, being fans themselves
Vitz wrote:
Just imagine for a second how many bugs this new game will have and certainly this will ruin all hype in one day for people like you. And it will take ages for modders to fix all s#*!. This project is overhyped.

And people like you are the reason modders get dissuaded and quit. Go be salty somewhere else.
Eysenbeiss wrote: Maybe you should a) learn to read and b) do something of worth yourself.

This is not a new game, it is a conversion, meaning, that there won't be more problems than with the vanilla game it is based on.
Chances are though, that there will be less problems and bugs, since atm, almost all bugs are fixed and it will only be needed to implement those fixes-

Besides that, Vitz has said anything else necessary
czarnynight wrote: beating 76 is almost impossible.
metalmouth7 wrote: @eysenbeiss - This is not the case. F4NV is remaking everything from scratch - nothing from Fallout: New Vegas can be converted and reused in F4NV. This is honestly an advantage for us, because we have nearly a decade's worth of hindsight to go through and mitigate issues that could result in bugs down the line. We also have no pegged release date, and won't be releasing F4NV until it's done to our standards. As such, until we hammer out as many of the bugs as possible, F4NV will not be going public.

I think it's pretty clear at this point Fallout 76 was a cash grab that went horribly wrong. What amazes me is that if Bethesda needed an infusion that badly until Starfield was ready, why not "remake" FO3, along with all DLC, in the updated FO4 Creation Engine, call it Fallout 3 Special Edition, and release it on the 10 year anniversary of Fallout 3 (last October)? Then do the exact same thing with New Vegas when it hit 10 years so we'd all be amped for October 2020? I understand the obvious advantage of hindsight, but not many were asking for a Fallout multiplayer! I can't believe that both remastered versions of FO3 and FONV wouldn't sell better than 76? Maybe @metalmouth7 can provide some insight here, but I would think that remaking FO3 or FONV inside of FO4's creation engine, while daunting for a volunteer modding team, would have been a hell of a lot easier for the studio than creating Fallout 76?

Regardless of all that, I'm really hoping that both Fallout 4 New Vegas and Fallout 4 Capital Wasteland make it to the finish line. And a huge thank you to the team behind F4NV and the awesome voice acting for the new Doc Mitchell. I'm pretty sure the very high quality of that recreation inspired NafNaf_95 and the rest of the Road to Liberty team to resurrect their Capital Wasteland project, previously shut down after Bethesda told them they couldn't reuse any voice content. I wish the F4NV team took donations. I understand why they don't, but I hope they realize that for those of us who support them, it would be our way of showing appreciation and a heart felt thank you for all the hard work and long hours.

In response to post #66971136. #66981371, #66983471, #66986236, #66987086, #66992286, #66998471, #66999186, #67587751 are all replies on the same post.

BTW, if modders come up with any future F4FNV texture mods, more than just improved rust would be appreciated. Will there be any previs/precombined stuff to worry about?

Nordrake wrote: Just imagine for a second how many bugs this new game will have and certainly this will ruin all hype in one day for people like you. And it will take ages for modders to fix all s#*!. This project is overhyped.
BuddviBrittania wrote: @Nordrake Can't f*#@ it up worse than Bethesda did 76 lmao, but I believe in these guys, they seem to actually listen to the fans, being fans themselves
Vitz wrote:
Just imagine for a second how many bugs this new game will have and certainly this will ruin all hype in one day for people like you. And it will take ages for modders to fix all s#*!. This project is overhyped.

And people like you are the reason modders get dissuaded and quit. Go be salty somewhere else.
Eysenbeiss wrote: Maybe you should a) learn to read and b) do something of worth yourself.

This is not a new game, it is a conversion, meaning, that there won't be more problems than with the vanilla game it is based on.
Chances are though, that there will be less problems and bugs, since atm, almost all bugs are fixed and it will only be needed to implement those fixes-

metalmouth7 wrote: @eysenbeiss - This is not the case. F4NV is remaking everything from scratch - nothing from Fallout: New Vegas can be converted and reused in F4NV. This is honestly an advantage for us, because we have nearly a decade's worth of hindsight to go through and mitigate issues that could result in bugs down the line. We also have no pegged release date, and won't be releasing F4NV until it's done to our standards. As such, until we hammer out as many of the bugs as possible, F4NV will not be going public.
lister1911 wrote: I think it's pretty clear at this point Fallout 76 was a cash grab that went horribly wrong. What amazes me is that if Bethesda needed an infusion that badly until Starfield was ready, why not "remake" FO3, along with all DLC, in the updated FO4 Creation Engine, call it Fallout 3 Special Edition, and release it on the 10 year anniversary of Fallout 3 (last October)? Then do the exact same thing with New Vegas when it hit 10 years so we'd all be amped for October 2020? I understand the obvious advantage of hindsight, but not many were asking for a Fallout multiplayer! I can't believe that both remastered versions of FO3 and FONV wouldn't sell better than 76? Maybe @metalmouth7 can provide some insight here, but I would think that remaking FO3 or FONV inside of FO4's creation engine, while daunting for a volunteer modding team, would have been a hell of a lot easier for the studio than creating Fallout 76?

Regardless of all that, I'm really hoping that both Fallout 4 New Vegas and Fallout 4 Capital Wasteland make it to the finish line. And a huge thank you to the team behind F4NV and the awesome voice acting for the new Doc Mitchell. I'm pretty sure the very high quality of that recreation inspired NafNaf_95 and the rest of the Road to Liberty team to resurrect their Capital Wasteland project, previously shut down after Bethesda told them they couldn't reuse any voice content. I wish the F4NV team took donations. I understand why they don't, but I hope they realize that for those of us who support them, it would be our way of showing appreciation and a heart felt thank you for all the hard work and long hours.

Eyesebeiss, I hope you can see by metalmouth's post that it is best not to insult someone else's reading comprehension it was your own that was lacking. That is why politeness is the best policy. Edited by Moksha8088

just wow first Bethesda cancel remaster of fallout 3 and new vegas and now this. im happy this is is becoming a mod but im hoping this doesn't require so much mods to the point were the game mod itself wont work. idk about you guys but i dont want to download 20 mods then download those mods that are require in that mod

In response to post #66971136. #66981371, #66983471, #66986236, #66987086, #66992286, #66998471, #66999186, #67587751, #67592821 are all replies on the same post.

Vitz wrote:

lister1911 wrote: I think it's pretty clear at this point Fallout 76 was a cash grab that went horribly wrong. What amazes me is that if Bethesda needed an infusion that badly until Starfield was ready, why not "remake" FO3, along with all DLC, in the updated FO4 Creation Engine, call it Fallout 3 Special Edition, and release it on the 10 year anniversary of Fallout 3 (last October)? Then do the exact same thing with New Vegas when it hit 10 years so we'd all be amped for October 2020? I understand the obvious advantage of hindsight, but not many were asking for a Fallout multiplayer! I can't believe that both remastered versions of FO3 and FONV wouldn't sell better than 76? Maybe @metalmouth7 can provide some insight here, but I would think that remaking FO3 or FONV inside of FO4's creation engine, while daunting for a volunteer modding team, would have been a hell of a lot easier for the studio than creating Fallout 76?

Moksha8088 wrote: Eyesebeiss, I hope you can see by metalmouth's post that it is best not to insult someone else's reading comprehension it was your own that was lacking. That is why politeness is the best policy.

@lister1911 - I agree with you on all points. You have a great perspective. Ditto on everything, for me. :)