Scrap all or Clean & Simple?

taxman25

If you're looking to build a decent size settlement.

1)Is it better to use the scrap all command or something like the Clean & Simple mod?

2)If you use scrap all do you still get the scrap from the settlement?

Thanks for any help.

Scrapall does indeed put the resources you recover into the workshop. It is indiscriminate though, and does EXACTLY what it says. It scraps EVERYTHING. (except the workbench.) If you are using a scrapping mod, like scrap everything... you can scrap stuff you really don't want to. Pretty much everything in the buildable area will simply be gone.... Depending on what mods you are running, that can have some truly interesting side-effects. :D

I haven't used any of the Clean and Simple mods..... I think they do more than just scrap everything, so you are starting with a clean slate when you get there. I think some of them do some landscaping as well..... Would have to read the mods description to know for sure.

I haven't used any of the Clean and Simple mods..... I think they do more than just scrap everything, so you are starting with a clean slate when you get there. I think some of them do some landscaping as well..... Would have to read the mods description to know for sure.

Depends on which Clean and Simple you use. Most of them do sane scrapping, as in not scrapping roads in Sanctuary. Some of them do that, plus make changes to existing buildings. The one I use for Sanctuary fixes all the houses to save you the trouble (you can still scrap the houses if you want them gone).

Overall the Clean and Simple line is very well done, and saves you a bunch of time running around weeding a settlement. I'd go for them first instead of scrapall, then manually scrap any thing that is left that you still want gone. Scrapall is the nuclear option you use before a massive build. Save your game before using it, because you might not like the results.

Depends on which Clean and Simple you use. Most of them do sane scrapping, as in not scrapping roads in Sanctuary. Some of them do that, plus make changes to existing buildings. The one I use for Sanctuary fixes all the houses to save you the trouble (you can still scrap the houses if you want them gone).

Overall the Clean and Simple line is very well done, and saves you a bunch of time running around weeding a settlement. I'd go for them first instead of scrapall, then manually scrap any thing that is left that you still want gone. Scrapall is the nuclear option you use before a massive build. Save your game before using it, because you might not like the results.

If you are talking about Jencave's Mods, they are very well done. I have used her mods for all my settlements. The one she has for Spectacle Island is very impressive. I also used to use Scrap everything, but not the ini that allows you to demolish the game. Still, any scrapping will mess up frame rates in the cell affected. Since I tend to create very large and elaborate settlements, my frame rate tends to drop a lot where anything has been scrapped. The Scrapall command, as someone mentioned above, is a time bomb waiting to happen and I would not suggest using it. I used it once because I was going to import a blueprint and the results of the scrapping were jarring. triangle shaped landscaping, a huge hole under the house where there was a basement, it was just not usable unless you intended to add a ton of dirt and build up the area by about 2-3 blocks. If you are going to scrap, just use Scrap Everything. If you want the least amount of performance hit, use the Clean and Simple mods. Remember, all these mods will break precombines and the like, but that only affects that particular cell and not the entirety of the Commonwealth, and if you are not planning on having a huge build, the drop in performance may not be that bad.

If you are talking about Jencave's Mods, they are very well done. I have used her mods for all my settlements. The one she has for Spectacle Island is very impressive. I also used to use Scrap everything, but not the ini that allows you to demolish the game. Still, any scrapping will mess up frame rates in the cell affected. Since I tend to create very large and elaborate settlements, my frame rate tends to drop a lot where anything has been scrapped. The Scrapall command, as someone mentioned above, is a time bomb waiting to happen and I would not suggest using it. I used it once because I was going to import a blueprint and the results of the scrapping were jarring. triangle shaped landscaping, a huge hole under the house where there was a basement, it was just not usable unless you intended to add a ton of dirt and build up the area by about 2-3 blocks. If you are going to scrap, just use Scrap Everything. If you want the least amount of performance hit, use the Clean and Simple mods. Remember, all these mods will break precombines and the like, but that only affects that particular cell and not the entirety of the Commonwealth, and if you are not planning on having a huge build, the drop in performance may not be that bad.

I use scrapall at Starlight Drive-in, and it actually is pretty effective. I want a big empty to start building in there, and scrapall gives me exactly that. I have also modified the build area, made it bigger..... along with scrap everything, the only pitfall for me is, it takes out a section of the railroad bridge at one corner. Which I then have to put back. :D

Hello. i try before the clean and simple and have a lot a problems with that and also that mod is conflict with every scrap mod you can use. There are 3 or 4 good scrap mods but you need to know what is what at every folder you see, after you unzip a file. Some scrap mods give choices and have many folders. if you don't know what folder to use and what a esp do, just ask here or write a message to a scrap mod page. Also if you want to really scrap everything at Sunshine settlement and you use a expanded borders mod, you need to download a patch for immersive scrap mod, i think. i hope i help. That's all. Thanks.