Syria

sukeban

Okay, I'm confused now. Kerry recently said this on MSNBC:

"I guarantee you if we turn our backs today, the picture we all saw in the paper today and the media of those people being shot, that will take place more because more extremists will be attracted to this, because they will be funded as the only alternative in order to take on Assad." (About a photo that apparently was taken a year ago or so.)

Now, if I read this right is he saying that he wishes to prevent extremists from joining the rebels, so we'll do a military strike on the government of Syria to make sure no more gas will be used. I'm not following how a strike will prevent extremists from joining the war (on either side).

Edited by rizon72

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ Hardwaremaster

The Dale Gavlak story in which the rebels claimed responsibility for the chemical attack is one that she does stand by , but that it was the person who co wrote the article that was the person who gathered and filmed the eye witnesses testimony to the event , someone who's reputation she vouched for as she has done many other articles with him . This verifies that it is a legitimate story but not if what the witnesses say is accurate . (though tends to push it in direction that Assad was not responsible). Not that it matters cause no one in the Western media or politico would look at it anyway cause that ship has sailed in their minds.

There have been reports that the Chinese have a very small number of ships in the Eastern Meditterranean and less that 24 hours ago it was reported by non western sources that a large Chinese naval vessel had broken away from duties in the Arabian Sea (pirate patrol) and is headed to the Meditteranean .Now at first I was dubious as the sites reporting it I am unfamiliar with or were a bit sketchy , that is until these guys reported the same thing http://www.debka.com/newsupdate/5640/. Debkafile is an intelligence site being run by ex Israeli and American intelligence analysts , they got very good sources. The reports are that this vessel (the largest type class of naval vessels) the Chinese are sending will be joining up with the Russian Task Force in the Eastern Meditterranean . Now is this their actual intent only time will tell but it sure does add an interesting wrinkle to the situation.

Also the US has ordered the evacuation of all non essential personnel from Embassies and Consulates in Lebanon and southern Turkey , much like the Russians have been doing in Syria .

And finally the Pope has called on all people of faith to make today ( Sept 7) a day of fasting and prayer for world peace . Are we having fun yet.

Edited by Harbringe

Congress doesn't pay attention to what the american people want. Witness Obamacare. The majority of the public was against it, yet it passed anyway. That is not the only example of congress voting in direct opposition to public opinion. And we continue to re-elect those bozos.....

AIPIC, and various other lobbys, do indeed run this country. Should congress vote to go ahead with a military strike, I doubt many americans will even make the connection. Its pretty much business as usual in DC.

Obama WANTS military action. He can do it on his own, without congress blessing.... as he doesn't have to worry about re-election, he has less incentive to hold off. Now, the dems will suffer terribly come '14 should congress say "no", and Obama goes ahead anyway.

Kerry doesn't have a clue. Folks funding the islamists will continue to fund them regardless of whether the US hits Assad, or not. In fact, it is highly likely that should the US bomb various places, the islamists will see an uptick in funding.... as I seriously doubt we can do a strike without killing a large number of civilians.

Russia stating they will stand by Assad, and the fact that they are moving naval assests into the area, does not bode well for any variety of "peace", should the US attack.

This is a no-win situation. Doesn't matter what we do, it is going to turn out badly. The fact that congress doesn't want to see Russia's intelligence information on the attacks speaks volumes about the mind-set in washington. We saw the EXACT same thing with Iraq. The folks clamoring for war had no interest in anything, no matter the source, or reliability, that said anything other than the party line. Saddam was working on nukes. We see how that turned out too.....

Nothing good is going to come of this. Should we attack, I suspect it is going to make the situation worse, Not better. We are going to annoy the russians, and with all the military assets in the area, it won't take much of an incident to spark a much wider war. The LAST thing we need.

In complete agreement with you, HeyYou. We need to stay the hell out, both the US and the UK, because we are damned if we do get involved. The pictures of the chemical attacks are harrowing, but the evidence of who dunnit is hazy. Today I saw in my newspaper pictures of the rebels summarily executing Syrian army soldiers who appeared to have already been flogged unmercifully. We let the genie out of the bottle in Egypt and Libya and look what happened. Forum rules forbid me from being precise but there are certain substantial minorities in Syria who will suffer greatly if the rebels gain ascendance, as has already happened in Egypt and Libya.

The way the United States government is acting out at the G20 summit is an embarassment, they are being diplomatically outflanked by Putin et al. Military action would embolden the Russians, and the Iranians will be sure to reinforce the SAA. This will be America's Suez moment.

Long live Assad.

@ Hardwaremaster

The Dale Gavlak story in which the rebels claimed responsibility for the chemical attack is one that she does stand by, but that it was the person who co wrote the article that was the person who gathered and filmed the eye witnesses testimony to the event, someone who's reputation she vouched for as she has done many other articles with him. This verifies that it is a legitimate story but not if what the witnesses say is accurate. (though tends to push it in direction that Assad was not responsible). Not that it matters cause no one in the Western media or politico would look at it anyway cause that ship has sailed in their minds.

There have been reports that the Chinese have a very small number of ships in the Eastern Mediterranean and less that 24 hours ago it was reported by non western sources that a large Chinese naval vessel had broken away from duties in the Arabian Sea (pirate patrol) and is headed to the Mediterranean .Now at first I was dubious as the sites reporting it I am unfamiliar with or were a bit sketchy , that is until these guys reported the same thing http://www.debka.com/newsupdate/5640/. Debkafile is an intelligence site being run by ex Israeli and American intelligence analysts, they got very good sources. The reports are that this vessel (the largest type class of naval vessels) the Chinese are sending will be joining up with the Russian Task Force in the Eastern Mediterranean. Now is this their actual intent only time will tell but it sure does add an interesting wrinkle to the situation.

Also the US has ordered the evacuation of all non essential personnel from Embassies and Consulates in Lebanon and southern Turkey, much like the Russians have been doing in Syria.

And finally the Pope has called on all people of faith to make today ( Sept 7) a day of fasting and prayer for world peace. Are we having fun yet.

Thanks for confirming those sources, I've been trying to find out some more information, and I ran across a couple more articles. That paint a more complete picture of whats been occurring internationally, which is beginning to look like theres more going on then what we are being told. The following articles if assumed to be correct and accurate regarding the Dale Gavlak story are most disconcerting. Also about the chemical weapons that were supposedly used, napalm was used in also Vietnam which is a chemical agent, and people were gassed as well in Waco Texas by the United States Military which used it illegally against civilian targets, either intentionally or accidentally, and yet I don't see anyone complaining about what happened there. However I do distinctively remember about six months ago, there were news broadcasts about the Syrian rebels, whom had reportedly acquired chemical weapons.

While I was searching through the Internet, I found this peculiar video, which I think most people have actually totally forgotten about. I am sure if you look through older archives you can find more instances of these arrangements.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJPxmAi2diU&feature=player_embedded

So basically, we are going to invade a country to stop violence against its own people, by causing more violence from bombing and attacking them for other nations. Therefore should we remind certain people about the United States Humanitarian record in places like Falujah and countless other examples of Governmental Bureaucratic Assistants.

Edit: The video is acting strange, if you're having sound problems, or other issues click on the YouTube link.

Edited by Hardwaremaster

What is happening here is very bad politics. So far no country has even shown any real prove who used it.

All i have seen on tv is Kerry saying Assad is behind it, but is it me or when i looked that CNN interview with Kerry i got a feeling this guy was plain out lying ??

He wasn't even looking the interviewer in the face and his eyes was conlsintly blinking witch is an indiction that the person in question is lying.

Anyway the problem is America is acting like Child who did got his wish.

People are forgetting 1 major problem here. Israel is allied to America and Amerca playd out any nation who would attack this country would cause a war with them too. Now let's see this on Seria side this country is Allied to Russia so anyone who would attack this nation would also cause a war with Russia.

Now i am not sure about all the countries around but going this route would have 3rd world war escalating very quickly.

Here you have South Korea saying they will join America side they have an enemy in North Korea. Then you have Japan who would aslo side with America and they have an Enemy in China.

So if all in all things goes this way how will this not escalate in an new 3rd World War ??

What is happening here is very bad politics. So far no country has even shown any real prove who used it.

All i have seen on tv is Kerry saying Assad is behind it, but is it me or when i looked that CNN interview with Kerry i got a feeling this guy was plain out lying ??

He wasn't even looking the interviewer in the face and his eyes was conlsintly blinking witch is an indiction that the person in question is lying.

Anyway the problem is America is acting like Child who did got his wish.

People are forgetting 1 major problem here. Israel is allied to America and Amerca playd out any nation who would attack this country would cause a war with them too. Now let's see this on Seria side this country is Allied to Russia so anyone who would attack this nation would also cause a war with Russia.

Now i am not sure about all the countries around but going this route would have 3rd world war escalating very quickly.

Here you have South Korea saying they will join America side they have an enemy in North Korea. Then you have Japan who would aslo side with America and they have an Enemy in China.

So if all in all things goes this way how will this not escalate in an new 3rd World War ??

Kerrys body language has been a give away right from the off, I mentioned it earlier in this thread, when he was in front of that committee being asked about boots on the ground he couldn't maintain eye contact and began fidgeting, a classic sign that someone is lying.

I read an article today, don't remember where.... that basically stated that Obama was attempting to destroy our credibility as a super-power, by promising action, and then backtracking in various ways, and ultimately not doing anything, when congress won't give him its blessing...... I found it amusing, and more than a bit biased, but...... plausible, if you give obama credit for that kind of intelligence. (which I seriously doubt....)