Syria

sukeban

Except for some historical inaccuracies and false assumptions in the peripheral matters its pretty much bang on.

What historical inaccuracies and false assumptions, exactly, I'm sure there were many, I caught a few myself, I'm not sure what ones you are talking about specifically so I'm curious. Here is my main question, how important is the Petrodollar in reality, was it as important as he was making it out to be, because I only have a rudimentary knowledge of economics, so I can't say for certain. Which is why I was wanting a second opinion, in comparison to all the other factors involved in this political entanglement, It seems sort of insignificant in relation to other details. Hypothetically, if the Petrodollar was so important to the United States Hegemony why was France so eager to intervene, what would they gain from keeping the United States Dollar as the World Reserve Currency. Again if we look at the United Kingdom, they trade in Pounds or Euros depending on the situation, so I don't really understand whats their motive. To name a only few country's: Germany, Canada, Spain, Italy, and Poland with several others.

Now Russia's and China's makes much more sense, to me at least, when in context of the video I posted, also it does leave out some rather crucial details. That he may have done on purpose, to keep it from being all over the place, such as the local history of the Middle Easts Religions, or Israels and Saudi Arabia's involvement, literally the bureaucracy over there is such a massive catastrophe. I think you could have a several hour long discourse, and still not cover everything, like the fact that almost everyone is supplying weapons to everyone else. That place has historically been a disaster since the Third Crusade, even before, if you go back to Alexander the Great. I sometimes think that it would be better, if everyone cut their loses, and left the region to its own devices and populations.

Edit: If I recollect correctly, I believe that even though European countries exchange in their local currencies, or the Euro depending on the situation, the value of those currencies are based upon the value of the United States Dollar. Which might help explain why they would care about what happens to it, because if the Dollar devalues or is replaced they would get effected by it. Along with other factors, such as inflation and debt if you can't pay for what you are spending, but then again so would the all other Countries as it is the World Reserve Currency that everyone measures theirs by. Unless I am confusing this with something else, as it is easy to confuse with something else.

P.S Awesome video by the way, connects everything together, I was originally going to Hyperlink it, but was concerned with the audio quality. It would be interesting to discover what is actually the defining feature here.

Edited by Hardwaremaster

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well It wasn't a Republic that Assad's father overthrew in 1971 but but a military dictator that he was once in league with ,basically Syria begining in the early 1950's went threw a series of coup d'etats , they at one point even formed a union with Egypt and had Nasser as their President (didn't turn out as they thought it would) but a I said they are peripheral to what he was saying and the false assumptions mostly had to do with these oil and gas formations within the US . Yes there are these deposits in the US but when extracting there is an energy equivalency formula that is applied , its basically how much energy do you need to put in , to get x amount of energy out . So in the case of Texas sweet crude (light) it was a little over a 1000 to 1 , Alberta tar sands 2.3 to 1. The Bakken oil and gas fields are shale (rock) based which has an energy equivalency less than the Alberta tar sands. As one oil geologist described it , you can get more energy value (equivalency) out of a box of Cap'n Crunch than you can out of these shale type formations. So when it comes to supporting a petrol dollar your not going to get the same value as you would as having the Saudis sell their oil only in US dollars , the math just doesn't work . That's not to say your not going to be able to get oil and gas out of them to use , just that the math of supporting a petrol dollar to the scale that it currently operates is no where close. This is what I meant about false assumptions , he's starting from a false premise . But again it was peripheral to what his core premise was.

Ok the whole petrodollar thing for the US you would be right in saying its not the same for say a country like France as it would the US but there are still benefits. For the US one economist describe the way it works as the constant raining of nickles and dimes into the coffers of the US Government and its banks , which helps bolster the US economy in general . He estimated that its effect ranged from 500 - 600 billion dollars of what is essentially free money flowing into the US GDP. But even for countries other than the US it can be beneficial if your in the US's good graces . Take Libya for example , Qadaffi was trying to establish the selling of African oil in a gold dinar , who were the big players in Libyan oil industry Russia and China . Who took over once Qadaffi was gone , European oil companies , France and Italy in large part . The oil they can actually sell to themselves in Euros (Its a world reserve currency also) but only the US has the type of global infrastucture to do it globally . Still even if the oil is sold in US dollars to others its not like French or Italian banks are gonna do that for free for the US , they gonna want and gonna get their cut. Its all about the fee's and surcharges that are being charged when transactions of any sort take place and oil is the biggest because its needed on a daily basis . Hence the petrodollar. Plus if your France you don't have to maintain a global military force to make sure no one tries to mess with the system.

So how does Syria play into this . Well back a few years ago they discovered an oil field in the E Med that stretches from the North of Syria and maybe as far south as the coast of the Gaza strip , its called the Leviathon oil field and is est to be 50 + billion barrels and its the good oil , high grade oil . Also there has been a pipeline in the works for the last decade called the IPI pipeline (iran , Pakistan , India pipeline) . The intent of this pipeline was originally to tap into the Caspian Sea oil basin and all those stans (Kazakstan , Uzbekistan , etc) and bypass the Western controlled pipelines that flow in the opposite direction being off loaded in Turkish terminals for export. Remember control the trade in oil and you also control the exchange in money and who gets to benefit. The Chinese are also involved in this pipeline as they have built a giant oil terminal in the port of Gwadar Pakistan and have been waiting for over 3 years now to be able to ship oil onto Chna. Now when it became known about the oil off of Syria, deals were signed to extend the IPI through the north of Iraq and into Syria , also Iraqi oilfields would be able to tap into it .

Now if the IPI were to become fully operational it would greatly reduce the amount of oil needed to go through the Western controlled system but there is also a unique peculiarity that the vast majority of people are unaware of . This oil that is loaded onto supertankers at these Turkish oil terminals how does it get to the far east markets of say China or India does it sail out the Med , down and around Africa , awful long way to go . Through the Suez canal , nope wont fit . Its offloaded at an oil terminal in the Meditterrannean in Israel quickly piped across to another oil terminal in the Gulf of Aqaba Israel and reloaded for transport onto the far east . Earning 10's of billions of dollars for the state of Israel a year . A fully functional IPI would greatly reduce oil flowing to these Turkish terminals but it would completely make obsolete this pipeline going across Israel . So when you here Nutjobyahoo state that Israel has no vested interest in the outcome of the Syrian conflict , don't you believe it for one second . And don't believe its about nuclear weapons in Iran.

Folks following the news probably already know what's going on here, but in case you don't here's a brief primer:

What began as the Syrian variant of the "Arab Spring" movement has, after two years of violent repression by the Bashar al-Assad regime, turned into a violent civil war that has claimed the lives of ~100,000 people and created some ~two million refugees. Current news has Obama "confirming" the use of chemical weapons against the rebel faction, and the Administration is considering options for intervention.

-------------

However, the potentially straightforward case for humanitarian intervention is complicated by this unavoidable fact: that the most powerful and influential elements of the opposition are aligned with al-Qaeda, the Sunni Islamic group that the United States has been "at war" with since at least 2001. Digging deeper, we can uncover several more disturbing facts that might shake our faith in the rationality of intervention:

Not true even wyleaks exposed about this specific group in public

please consider changing it before people start believing in false information

the below video shows which brand it is

Edited by samadchaz

The Free Syrian army is reportedly around 50,000 fighters. Syrian Liberation Front is around 33,000, Syrian Islamic Front is around 17,000. Both of the latter two forces are Islamic based, al-queda aligned. They are also some of the most effective fighters in the opposition forces. Once Assad is overthrown, (provided that ever actually happens...) there is going to be yet another war for control of the country, between the Non-sectarian free syrian army, and the assorted islamists. Just getting rid of Assad isn't going to solve anything there, all it will do is open the next chapter of the civil war.

In all reality, Assad is the lesser of the evils here.