Trying to understand

MajorCyco

Â

Because I find comments to reply to from people who like to patronize me instead of just leaving it be. Like for the amount you all seem to dislike my comments, you sure do like to keep me here when you could just ... you know. Stop responding to me. Plus, when someone accuses me of something, I am obviously going to defend myself.

Â

So, it's everybody else's fault that you're replying.

What was that again about being an adult?

You could like, "Not reply", that's always an option.

Bunny simply canât! Funnily I stumbled over many comments on you tube as well. Where bunny repeats what they said here over and over as well. To many people. So best is actually really, just ignore Bunny/brabbit, please. Because if we still engage, it wonât ever stop.

That being said - this thread here was originally for people who are saddened by the file deletion changes. Nobody wants to hear how amazing collections are, nor that we simply have to sacrifice our right of deletion. We want input from people who have knowledge about the technical site. Many of them repeated that The changes donât make sense from a technical aspect. We want exchange between each other to help us cope with this mess. This thread exists because we are frustrated and disappointed by the treatment nexus gives mod authors and mod authors here lost something precious. A space where they once were welcome and treated correctly. We lost that. And itâs really horrible.

I know good and awesome mod authors who are on nexus since a decade who simply lost their platform. A platform they loved and cared for many many years.

This isnât about collections. Itâs a out the loss of something we cared about and we could count on. And that, tbh, hurts. And itâs frustrating and makes many desperate, and angry.

If people still canât understand that - then THIS thread is no place for you. Then please open your own thread where you can discuss why violating deleting rights is such an amazing awesome thing for you and there you can discuss your love and your willingness to give away your rights. And there you can discuss your opinion on how awesome you find collections .

This here is NOT the thread for this, obviously. This here is a thread for mod authors who are unsatisfied with the newest changes.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bunny simply canât! Funnily I stumbled over many comments on you tube as well. Where bunny repeats what they said here over and over as well. To many people. So best is actually really, just ignore Bunny/brabbit, please. Because if we still engage, it wonât ever stop.

That being said - this thread here was originally for people who are saddened by the file deletion changes. Nobody wants to hear how amazing collections are, nor that we simply have to sacrifice our right of deletion. We want input from people who have knowledge about the technical site. Many of them repeated that The changes donât make sense from a technical aspect. We want exchange between each other to help us cope with this mess. This thread exists because we are frustrated and disappointed by the treatment nexus gives mod authors and mod authors here lost something precious. A space where they once were welcome and treated correctly. We lost that. And itâs really horrible.

I know good and awesome mod authors who are on nexus since a decade who simply lost their platform. A platform they loved and cared for many many years.

This isnât about collections. Itâs a out the loss of something we cared about and we could count on. And that, tbh, hurts. And itâs frustrating and makes many desperate, and angry.

If people still canât understand that - then THIS thread is no place for you. Then please open your own thread where you can discuss why violating deleting rights is such an amazing awesome thing for you and there you can discuss your love and your willingness to give away your rights. And there you can discuss your opinion on how awesome you find collections .

This here is NOT the thread for this, obviously. This here is a thread for mod authors who are unsatisfied with the newest changes.

Funny enough, they discussions on youtube are better than here. I don't think a single person has called me a troll anywhere else for holding a different opinion.

Also, just so you are aware, a forum isn't a safe space where only those you agree with comment, so not sure why you would expect that of this thread.

Also, as a mod author myself, I think I am allowed to have an opinion, just as you are. Which btw ... I officially uploaded my sims 4 mod here, so you can no longer tell me it doesn't affect me.

I keep saying this in all of these threads.

If the upset modders were just allowed to vent and blow off steam, these threads would be around 10 pages AT MOST.

Instead they get dragged out (to 96 pages now) because of all the people who just argue against them, and do the "No it's not", "No you don't" and dragging it out to hundreds of pages because the SAME ITEMS need to be explained to them over and over and over and over and over again ad infinitum, ad nauseam.

The GMAD thread is around 256 pages because of all the people that have to jump in and argue against something we were never arguing about in the first place.

this thread here was originally for people who are saddened by the file deletion changes.

The thread was started by someone who wanted to know if there was a business case to be made for the decisions that Nexus made.

Why do you get to co-opt it for your purposes?

Kind of hard not to co-opt this thread when every time we try to start a thread to vent and get comfort, the mods shut it down and redirect us to this one. Actually, I guess this means that it was the mods who co-opted this thread rather than the disgruntled authors.

Like that was seriously what broke my heart in the last days. The conversations I had with oldschool MAs who seriously are at a loss.

The MAs I know who are here for YEARS, who are just stumped and can’t believe it. And feel so horrible torn. They don’t wanna delete because they feel some obligation for the users, but they as well are super angry and disappointed and don’t wanna lose their right. And this just felt like a backstab too them.

I am one of those people who buy applications or try to support with actual money. I never went premium because of the download rate, I did it to support the platform, and that in my first week on here. As my financial situation was better I supported monthly as well.

This changes go probably mainly against those who were premium since years, who wanted to give back to the Plattform they use, as a MA and an end user.

And those who are like - woohoooo - f*#@ those cry baby MAs, now they can’t take away my favorite toy anymore and most of the time anyway those who never paid a cent and use add blocker. Because f*#@ everyone - only ME counts.

Moments like that are exactly why I isolate from humans. It’s a rotten pack that species.

And on top of that - you get gaslit, trolled, shown not one ounce empathy. And have to see it unfold - what many many people think about MAs. How we are seen as horrible people, who deserve to get exploited. And that we don’t have the right to take away what we once shared. How egoistical we are because of that. And people seriously can’t self reflect and see the irony in here.

Someone like Arthmoor gets belittled and gets “you have exactly 4 days left” and I could feel that dirty grin on your face as you were typing this.

You might not always agree with arthmoor, maybe he can be stubborn - but by god - have some respect for him and the people who did such a massive amount of actual BENEFITIAL work for YOU, and continues to do so SINCE YEARS.

THATS WHAT GETS ME! You people lack the absolute awareness of how amazing many MAs are on this Plattform and what they have to deal with since 1 f*#@ING MONTH!

I don’t wanna imagine the pressure and the frustration, anger and bitterness an arthmoor, Kalilies, ousnius, apachii, expired, aers, Gamwich, Pathoschild(who seriously stems Stardew Valley alone) THE LIST GOES ON have to deal with in the last 4 weeks.

You know how they feel - those people who WE owe everything - betrayed and trapped.

Have some f*#@ing empathy and imagine for once how extremely frustrating it must be to be one of those with those extreme big mods - but yeah - isn’t it funny and they can all pack and go.

THEY CANT! Because it’s hard.

UUGGHHH…humans are just so rotten.

The technical site is pretty much clear - people with knowledge say here and off nexus - this can be implemented differently.

What people miss here is the point - that something COULD have been implemented differently but it wasn't and now people are of course angry and frustrated and suspicious.

Just because others implement rotten things doesn't justify that others can implement rotten things and its fine.

But MAINLY - have some empathy and imagine how hard this all is for Mod Authors who are here for so long, with many mods, big mods, who supported this community since so long.

Kind of hard not to co-opt this thread when every time we try to start a thread to vent and get comfort, the mods shut it down and redirect us to this one. Actually, I guess this means that it was the mods who co-opted this thread rather than the disgruntled authors.

Pretty easy not to co-opt the thread, actually. Just stop telling other people that they aren't allowed to post in it.

That's it. That's all you have to do. Allow other people to post without trying to be a self-appointed moderator.

Like that was seriously what broke my heart in the last days. The conversations I had with oldschool MAs who seriously are at a loss.

The MAs I know who are here for YEARS, who are just stumped and can’t believe it. And feel so horrible torn. They don’t wanna delete because they feel some obligation for the users, but they as well are super angry and disappointed and don’t wanna lose their right. And this just felt like a backstab too them.

I am one of those people who buy applications or try to support with actual money. I never went premium because of the download rate, I did it to support the platform, and that in my first week on here. As my financial situation was better I supported monthly as well.

This changes go probably mainly against those who were premium since years, who wanted to give back to the Plattform they use, as a MA and an end user.

And those who are like - woohoooo - f*** those cry baby MAs, now they can’t take away my favorite toy anymore and most of the time anyway those who never paid a cent and use add blocker. Because f*** everyone - only ME counts.

Moments like that are exactly why I isolate from humans. It’s a rotten pack that species.

And on top of that - you get gaslit, trolled, shown not one ounce empathy. And have to see it unfold - what many many people think about MAs. How we are seen as horrible people, who deserve to get exploited. And that we don’t have the right to take away what we once shared. How egoistical we are because of that. And people seriously can’t self reflect and see the irony in here.

Someone like Arthmoor gets belittled and gets “you have exactly 4 days left” and I could feel that dirty grin on your face as you were typing this.

You might not always agree with arthmoor, maybe he can be stubborn - but by god - have some respect for him and the people who did such a massive amount of actual BENEFITIAL work for YOU, and continues to do so SINCE YEARS.

THATS WHAT GETS ME! You people lack the absolute awareness of how amazing many MAs are on this Plattform and what they have to deal with since 1 f***ing MONTH!

I don’t wanna imagine the pressure and the frustration, anger and bitterness an arthmoor, Kalilies, ousnius, apachii, expired, aers, Gamwich, Pathoschild(who seriously stems Stardew Valley alone) THE LIST GOES ON have to deal with in the last 4 weeks.

You know how they feel - those people who WE owe everything - betrayed and trapped.

Have some f***ing empathy and imagine for once how extremely frustrating it must be to be one of those with those extreme big mods - but yeah - isn’t it funny and they can all pack and go.

THEY CANT! Because it’s hard.

UUGGHHH…humans are just so rotten.

The technical site is pretty much clear - people with knowledge say here and off nexus - this can be implemented differently.

What people miss here is the point - that something COULD have been implemented differently but it wasn't and now people are of course angry and frustrated and suspicious.

Just because others implement rotten things doesn't justify that others can implement rotten things and its fine.

But MAINLY - have some empathy and imagine how hard this all is for Mod Authors who are here for so long, with many mods, big mods, who supported this community since so long.

This. Exactly this.

Pretty easy not to co-opt the thread, actually. Just stop telling other people that they aren't allowed to post in it.

That's it. That's all you have to do. Allow other people to post without trying to be a self-appointed moderator.

Kinda like what you are doing here???

You missed the whole point of that sentence by the way.