Trying to understand

MajorCyco

Like that was seriously what broke my heart in the last days. The conversations I had with oldschool MAs who seriously are at a loss.

The MAs I know who are here for YEARS, who are just stumped and can’t believe it. And feel so horrible torn. They don’t wanna delete because they feel some obligation for the users, but they as well are super angry and disappointed and don’t wanna lose their right. And this just felt like a backstab too them.

I am one of those people who buy applications or try to support with actual money. I never went premium because of the download rate, I did it to support the platform, and that in my first week on here. As my financial situation was better I supported monthly as well.

This changes go probably mainly against those who were premium since years, who wanted to give back to the Plattform they use, as a MA and an end user.

And those who are like - woohoooo - f*** those cry baby MAs, now they can’t take away my favorite toy anymore and most of the time anyway those who never paid a cent and use add blocker. Because f*** everyone - only ME counts.

Moments like that are exactly why I isolate from humans. It’s a rotten pack that species.

And on top of that - you get gaslit, trolled, shown not one ounce empathy. And have to see it unfold - what many many people think about MAs. How we are seen as horrible people, who deserve to get exploited. And that we don’t have the right to take away what we once shared. How egoistical we are because of that. And people seriously can’t self reflect and see the irony in here.

Someone like Arthmoor gets belittled and gets “you have exactly 4 days left” and I could feel that dirty grin on your face as you were typing this.

You might not always agree with arthmoor, maybe he can be stubborn - but by god - have some respect for him and the people who did such a massive amount of actual BENEFITIAL work for YOU, and continues to do so SINCE YEARS.

THATS WHAT GETS ME! You people lack the absolute awareness of how amazing many MAs are on this Plattform and what they have to deal with since 1 f***ing MONTH!

I don’t wanna imagine the pressure and the frustration, anger and bitterness an arthmoor, Kalilies, ousnius, apachii, expired, aers, Gamwich, Pathoschild(who seriously stems Stardew Valley alone) THE LIST GOES ON have to deal with in the last 4 weeks.

You know how they feel - those people who WE owe everything - betrayed and trapped.

Have some f***ing empathy and imagine for once how extremely frustrating it must be to be one of those with those extreme big mods - but yeah - isn’t it funny and they can all pack and go.

THEY CANT! Because it’s hard.

UUGGHHH…humans are just so rotten.

The technical site is pretty much clear - people with knowledge say here and off nexus - this can be implemented differently.

What people miss here is the point - that something COULD have been implemented differently but it wasn't and now people are of course angry and frustrated and suspicious.

Just because others implement rotten things doesn't justify that others can implement rotten things and its fine.

But MAINLY - have some empathy and imagine how hard this all is for Mod Authors who are here for so long, with many mods, big mods, who supported this community since so long.

giphy.gif

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And those who are like - woohoooo - f*** those cry baby MAs, now they can’t take away my favorite toy anymore

To be perfectly honest, I am pretty surprised you never question exactly why so many users think this way over the years of the giving and taking away that has occured. Give anyone anything and they are going to be upset when you take it away from them. Try it with anyone and see what sort of reaction you get out of them, and maybe then you might start to understand. You speak of empathy, but then don't even understand the things that has happened here over the years where mod authors take mods away out of spite and pettiness that lead to the distrust. And it's been done to all users, even those who had nothing to do with the reason behind it being taken. Punishing those who don't deserve it ... for what? A point that no one gets but them or a few other authors? It be more like a teacher giving the whole class popsicles and because one or two kids throws it on the floor they take them all away from every child. And treats every child in the same way, like as if they were all responsible. And then they justify it because it's theirs, but what they don't realize is it still feels like crap to have something taken away, and people learn from that experience. It's why there have been so many cases now of people archiving mods, or looking elsewhere to find mods that are gone.

It is this way now, because of many mod authors. Think of it like the boy who cried wolf, classic story. Many users don't take this as seriously as you want them too, because of the past. To them this is just another one of those times.

This is why I don't make mods for myself and don't treat them as mine. Anything I make, and give ... is something I never will take back. Because that is wrong. If I didn't want people having access to something, I wouldn't post it in the first place.

And

Kind of hard not to co-opt this thread when every time we try to start a thread to vent and get comfort, the mods shut it down and redirect us to this one. Actually, I guess this means that it was the mods who co-opted this thread rather than the disgruntled authors.

Pretty easy not to co-opt the thread, actually. Just stop telling other people that they aren't allowed to post in it.

That's it. That's all you have to do. Allow other people to post without trying to be a self-appointed moderator.

And YOU, my friend you are one of the worst, sitting here in this thread ON every f***ing page and repeat over and over the same things, missing the most obvious point. YOU LACK EMPATHY!! You show how absolutly zero empathy you have for the people who were spending years with working on mods and make YOUR gaming experience BETTER!

YOU are compeltly missing the human side on this. Isn't it just amazing all your talk about all those static cold facts you think you know so well....but in the end you have no clue about being a DECENT human being.

You can go on every page here and tell the people how wrong they are and how amazing this all is. In the end, you look in the mirror in the evening and can't say of yourself you actually have respect, compassion and care for the people YOU benefit of since years.

You want to be part of this conversation - FINE!

You are a trampler! You do nothing but trample. And think you are so smart and awesome. Spoiler alert - you ARE not!

You fail to be a decent human being. And that dude is pathetic.

So please - when you wanna say again, that you want to speak here as well, and we have to respect you, remember - you lost the respect of people in this thread because you were proving everyone here since pages and pages - that YOU for sure don't deserve that resepct.

It's also responses like this, that make many users feel the way they do. I can understand being upset, but saying things like this is going too far. You talk about empathy but then treat other people like garbage over a difference in opinion.

And

Kind of hard not to co-opt this thread when every time we try to start a thread to vent and get comfort, the mods shut it down and redirect us to this one. Actually, I guess this means that it was the mods who co-opted this thread rather than the disgruntled authors.

Pretty easy not to co-opt the thread, actually. Just stop telling other people that they aren't allowed to post in it.

That's it. That's all you have to do. Allow other people to post without trying to be a self-appointed moderator.

And YOU, my friend you are one of the worst, sitting here in this thread ON every f***ing page and repeat over and over the same things, missing the most obvious point. YOU LACK EMPATHY!! You show how absolutly zero empathy you have for the people who were spending years with working on mods and make YOUR gaming experience BETTER!

YOU are compeltly missing the human side on this. Isn't it just amazing all your talk about all those static cold facts you think you know so well....but in the end you have no clue about being a DECENT human being.

You can go on every page here and tell the people how wrong they are and how amazing this all is. In the end, you look in the mirror in the evening and can't say of yourself you actually have respect, compassion and care for the people YOU benefit of since years.

You are a trampler! You do nothing but trample. And think you are so smart and awesome. Spoiler alert - you ARE not!

So please - when you wanna say again, that you want to speak here as well, and we have to respect you, remember - you lost the respect of people in this thread because you were proving everyone here since pages and pages - that YOU for sure don't deserve that resepct.

Sadly they're not the only one acting like that in this thread. We have two reply guys that just can't stop wasting their time repeating themselves over and over and over again, refusing to even see that a point has been made let alone entertain it. It's... Well it's something, I guess.

And

It's also responses like this, that make many users feel the way they do. I can understand being upset, but saying things like this is going too far. You talk about empathy but then treat other people like garbage over a difference in opinion.

"Be empathic to those who lack empathy."

Or translated to...

"Omg, how dare you have a backbone! This is one straw too far!!11!!!"

Sadly they're not the only one acting like that in this thread. We have two reply guys that just can't stop wasting their time repeating themselves over and over and over again, refusing to even see that a point has been made let alone entertain it. It's... Well it's something, I guess.

There is a difference between refusing to see a point vs disagreeing with one. With this sort of argument it can literally be flipped around. I guess you all are just refusing to see the point that has been made by me.

In reality, it's just a disagreement. Not a refusal to see a point.

And ... I have also several times already, said I believe mod authors should be able to delete their mods (as in the project as a whole). But isn't it funny how many seem to just ignore that fact.

Or translated to...

The very fact you think people lack empathy due to not agreeing with you is a problem.

And those who are like - woohoooo - f*** those cry baby MAs, now they can’t take away my favorite toy anymore

To be perfectly honest, I am pretty surprised you never question exactly why so many users think this way over the years of the giving and taking away that has occured. Give anyone anything and they are going to be upset when you take it away from them. Try it with anyone and see what sort of reaction you get out of them, and maybe then you might start to understand. You speak of empathy, but then don't even understand the things that has happened here over the years where mod authors take mods away out of spite and pettiness that lead to the distrust. And it's been done to all users, even those who had nothing to do with the reason behind it being taken. Punishing those who don't deserve it ... for what? A point that no one gets but them or a few other authors? It be more like a teacher giving the whole class popsicles and because one or two kids throws it on the floor they take them all away from every child. And treats every child in the same way, like as if they were all responsible. And then they justify it because it's theirs, but what they don't realize is it still feels like crap to have something taken away, and people learn from that experience. It's why there have been so many cases now of people archiving mods, or looking elsewhere to find mods that are gone.

It is this way now, because of many mod authors. Think of it like the boy who cried wolf, classic story. Many users don't take this as seriously as you want them too, because of the past. To them this is just another one of those times.

This is why I don't make mods for myself and don't treat them as mine. Anything I make, and give ... is something I never will take back. Because that is wrong. If I didn't want people having access to something, I wouldn't post it in the first place.

So..... you are unable to make backups of anything you want to keep? Instead, you think MAs should perpetually make something available to you. Even if they don't make mods anymore or want to deal with users like you represent? That is a fine sense of entitlement you have there. You might wanna get that looked at..... ;) No one owes you anything. Much less anything that is a result of their own blood, sweat and tears. Hilarious.

Or translated to...

The very fact you think people lack empathy due to not agreeing with you is a problem.

Is that really what I said tho?

So..... you are unable to make backups of anything you want to keep? Instead, you think MAs should perpetually make something available to you. Even if they don't make mods anymore or want to deal with users like you represent? That is a fine sense of entitlement you have there. You might wanna get that looked at..... :wink: No one owes you anything. Much less anything that is a result of their own blood, sweat and tears. Hilarious.

I don't think I ever suggested that mod authors should perpetually make something available for anyone. I said if you give something, you shouldn't then take it away without having some sort of expectation of people being upset.

Your response here suggests you didn't even read my comment or didn't understand what I said.

Plus as a mod author ... I don't see how I am entitled for pointing out how human behavior works.

And to all of you who say mod authors are cry babies and they throw tantrums and they do stuff out of spite - I BEG YOU!!! Go on all big mods and their comment sections. GO THERE! READ ALL PAGES. BECAUSE thats what the mod authors had to read as well since YEARS! Just go on USSEP - GO THERE! It's horror!

The only time where I see users are actually rather positive, friendly and actually try to work WITH the mod author is Stardew Valley! I went back to Witcher 3 modding scene - after 2 years break and was shocked. The amount toxicity that went on there on nexus, Mod Authors leaving the scene because it was just heartbreaking.

I am always on both sides, I am an user and MA! And I have empathy and understanding that you have to validate the person where the person is. Not everybody knows modding, someone started maybe last week. Someone is maybe a person with a disability, or simply has two left hands for technical things.

BUT OH MY GOSH - READ THROUGH COMMENTS ON HERE! Go - please - do! Read them ALL!!!!!! Mod Authors as well as users are ALL just humans. ALL OF US! And sometimes its ENOUGH!

Exactly like THIS situation with nexus now - ITS ENOUGH!

But the general appreciation towards people who create stuff for free, or even for money is SUPER LOW. And in the gaming scene - its even worse. People have no clue what it means to make a game, a mod, meshes, nifs, textures, SCRIPTS. "UNP version", "SHAVED VERSION", "WHY NOT STANDALONE", you dont even get a sentence, or a please... - sure - I just make 24 textures with my right butt cheek. SURE! And you know what - thats a human issue.

Its when people dont understand something - and think - it cant be that hard.

That's why for example many mod authors here asked - is it really not possible to implement collections without those changes. Because many here are aware - this isn't easy. Nexus set up - this isn't easy.

Thats why SO MANY mods are still on here - because MOD AUTHORS DO CARE! Please - see how many nice comments are on a mod. How many people actually SHOW appreciation. Please do! And then you really wonder that mod authors snap...the scale of positive and negative feedback is really leaning extremly towards negative and this since YEARS!

This isn't about users this time - because they HAVE their mods, and HAD them. So many mods can be found on the google....ohh yeah, how mod users lost mods...and NEVER EVER did they get them AGAIN!

Its about Mod authors, and mod authors ONLY! But sadly for users - Mod authors are kind of their issue too because YOU USE MOD AUTHORS STUFF!

The IGNORANCE is mind numbing.

And those last messages here mainly that rotten one to Arthmoor just tipped ME over now.

Can you imagine how many mod authors sit in front of their PCs sobbing, can't sleep, can't eat, depression increasing, because of all this. Can you, YOU, whoever you need to hear it, IMAGINE how it feels to lose so much in SECONDS!!! This meant a lot to some here, this meant a lot to MANY here!

I f*#@ing can't anymore.