Premium cost

ChickenAlfredo

yeah, i get that but what if you don't buy it - what are you missing out on, compared to what you have now?

i'm not getting why you feel pressured?

That's the thing, how do I know if i'll want it in a year or 2 years from now? Its basically like "might as well buy it now since it's gonna cost more going forward..."

do you think that buying premium today, before the "deadline" will give you incredible value for money going forward?

if the answer to that question is yes, and you can afford it - today - as it's a one time thing - then go for it. once you've bought it it's yours "forever". after all, its not like they can take it off you. Right?

I think we're just going in circles now, lets just agree to disagree I suppose.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just be thankful that ES VI hasn't come out yet, those prices might have gone up a whole lot sooner. Especially if the mod support is going to be fantastic. There would be literally no way to contain the mod overflow, it would be a MODAPOCOLYPSE! There would be brownouts in every country, satellites linking up in space would be falling from orbit due to fatigue, it would be the End Game of games! .........lol

..or we would all get a massive discount. Who knows?

I hope ES 6 is good. Bethesda's recent reputation makes it hard to get too hyped, but I think it would be hard to mess this one up.

Guest deleted34304850

not going in circles at all - i'm asking you what it is you're missing out on - you're yet to tell me that.

go back and read the article again - look at what is on offer - it ain't much and they're removing the best deal, but if you didn't have it already, you can't miss what you never had.

just look beyond the sales pitch. pretend this is a late night infomercial to buy a shitty piece of plastic with a sponge on it being sold as the ultimate decoration tool that you never knew you needed until now.

i bet if you bought it you'd be wracked with buyers remorse in seconds. don't be that guy.

Just be thankful that ES VI hasn't come out yet, those prices might have gone up a whole lot sooner. Especially if the mod support is going to be fantastic. There would be literally no way to contain the mod overflow, it would be a MODAPOCOLYPSE! There would be brownouts in every country, satellites linking up in space would be falling from orbit due to fatigue, it would be the End Game of games! .........lol

..or we would all get a massive discount. Who knows?

I hope ES 6 is good. Bethesda's recent reputation makes it hard to get too hyped, but I think it would be hard to mess this one up.

Well I'm not getting super hyped at the moment, I'm pretty sure whatever hardware I'm running at the moment is not going to make running it a pleasant experience without some significant upgrading....and if you haven't heard that isn't a cheap thing to do now days LOL

not going in circles at all - i'm asking you what it is you're missing out on - you're yet to tell me that.

go back and read the article again - look at what is on offer - it ain't much and they're removing the best deal, but if you didn't have it already, you can't miss what you never had.

just look beyond the sales pitch. pretend this is a late night infomercial to buy a shitty piece of plastic with a sponge on it being sold as the ultimate decoration tool that you never knew you needed until now.

i bet if you bought it you'd be wracked with buyers remorse in seconds. don't be that guy.

I told you what you're missing out on. Hundreds of dollars down the road if you later decide Premium is worth it.

For the record, the benefits are listed right on the page:

Ad-free experience

Enjoy modding with an ad-free experience whenever you sign in.

More results

Find mods faster with up to 4x more search results per page.

Uncapped download speeds

Upgrade to our fastest premium servers with no download limits.

Instant downloads

Save time by downloading your favourite mods with just one click.

Increased PM limit

We give you 5x more mailbox capacity than a regular user. Make use of up to 500 personal messages.

Multi-threaded downloads

Upgrade your downloads with our multi-threading file capabilities.

Premium gets you ad-free browsing (here...), and uncapped download speeds. I think you can also download multiple files at once...... I think they will still be doing "Supporter".... buy one month of premium, and you get supporter status once it expires. 2mb/s download speeds, and ad-free. General members are capped at 1mb/s, and are served ads. (unless you have an ad-blocker...) Prices are going up, but, benefits aren't changing, aside from lifetime no longer being an option.

Personally, buying lifetime now, for less than a one year premium later.... That IS a good deal. :D

For the record, the benefits are listed right on the page:

Ad-free experience

Enjoy modding with an ad-free experience whenever you sign in.

More results

Find mods faster with up to 4x more search results per page.

Uncapped download speeds

Upgrade to our fastest premium servers with no download limits.

Instant downloads

Save time by downloading your favourite mods with just one click.

Increased PM limit

We give you 5x more mailbox capacity than a regular user. Make use of up to 500 personal messages.

Multi-threaded downloads

Upgrade your downloads with our multi-threading file capabilities.

Wow, all of the SAME features I've had since 2008!

do you think that buying premium today, before the "deadline" will give you incredible value for money going forward?

if the answer to that question is yes, and you can afford it - today - as it's a one time thing - then go for it. once you've bought it it's yours "forever". after all, its not like they can take it off you. Right?

Riiiigghhttt! Just like my right to delete my files was never taken away... :laugh:

Guest deleted34304850

Riiiigghhttt! Just like my right to delete my files was never taken away... :laugh:

Give that lady a prize. :)