Premium cost

ChickenAlfredo

It's worth considering that they will likely continue to look into ways to 1) enhance Premium benefits and/or 2) worsen the non-Premium experience.

Think of the extra hoops non-Premium users now have to jump through in order to download stuff. Who knows what else may follow at this point.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, i get that but what if you don't buy it - what are you missing out on, compared to what you have now?

i'm not getting why you feel pressured?

That's the thing, how do I know if i'll want it in a year or 2 years from now? Its basically like "might as well buy it now since it's gonna cost more going forward..."

Seriously BUY LIFETIME before the Deadline, I've had it since 2008

but that's the thing, I don't think Premium is worth it currently. If more benefits are offered down the road I may change my mind, but then i'm paying hundreds over the course of a few years for it as opposed to the cheaper 60 for a lifetime. I can't imagine anyone paying 70 a year. That's more expensive than most games. I bet a lot of people had trouble even going for the lifetime deal.

yeah, i get that but what if you don't buy it - what are you missing out on, compared to what you have now?

i'm not getting why you feel pressured?

That's the thing, how do I know if i'll want it in a year or 2 years from now? Its basically like "might as well buy it now since it's gonna cost more going forward..."

but that's the thing, I don't think Premium is worth it currently. If more benefits are offered down the road I may change my mind, but then i'm paying hundreds over the course of a few years for it as opposed to the cheaper 60 for a lifetime. I can't imagine anyone paying 70 a year. That's more expensive than most games. I bet a lot of people had trouble even going for the lifetime deal.

Sounds like you're like me, a casual user that likes taking advantage of the content on the site. Its a pretty handy thing to have around and I'm fairly comfortable being a casual user. The alternative of keeping a file updated of file locations all over the internet with associated hassles in downloading everywhere else and the unpredictability of availability makes this place seem like a modding paradise by comparison. I'm happy to be a user here.

Edited for clarity.

Edited by Raptilize

You'll probably be kicking yourself in about three years for not spending the $60 ONCE, after you've paid the Nexus $210 for the next three years

Lifetime when I bought it, was $75 back in 2008, so it went down $15 since then

Funny, I have been an on and off premium user and just decided yesterday (technically today, but much earlier before going to sleep) to pay for the lifetime membership ... only to see this news today. Honestly, with the upcoming changes, and being able to download full mod lists ... to me that alone makes it worth it. It's a feature I have wanted on this site for years.

Think of the extra hoops non-Premium users now have to jump through in order to download stuff. Who knows what else may follow at this point.

Now that would be messed up.

That's not messed up. They need to offer benefits to paid users that non-paying users can't take advantage of.

Guest deleted34304850

It's worth considering that they will likely continue to look into ways to 1) enhance Premium benefits and/or 2) worsen the non-Premium experience.

no doubt at all this will happen. i'm sure they'll find yet more ways to nickel and dime everything given enough time. but they do it for YOUR benefit. Just remember that next time the prices go up for some intangible reason.

Now that would be messed up.

That's not messed up. They need to offer benefits to paid users that non-paying users can't take advantage of.

Of course it would be messed up. Making things harder for users who don't pay a premium?