Premium cost

ChickenAlfredo

What's the big deal? Price has not gone up, literally at all, in years. They have costs beyond inflation, server capacity for example. This is not a big deal.

To you it may not be a big deal, but to some others it is.

How so? Costs rise. You might not see it. But behind the scenes they have added massive infrastructure without raising prices until now. I think you are trying to stir a pot that doesn't need to be stirred.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, i get that but what if you don't buy it - what are you missing out on, compared to what you have now?

i'm not getting why you feel pressured?

That's the thing, how do I know if i'll want it in a year or 2 years from now? Its basically like "might as well buy it now since it's gonna cost more going forward..."

Lifetime membership deals are a near miracle that you'll almost never see because they are a horrific deal for the company unless they desperately need to raise cash fast. I'd imagine they'd have been gone ages ago if they were able to do it.

Guest deleted34304850

you have a choice - to buy or not to buy.

what is it you see, from the article that makes you think "i MUST have <feature>"? What is the feature?

I read it, dissected it, looked at what's on offer, looked at the price and decided that "they're having a laugh". So I won't be partaking of this "offer".

However, I am genuinely intrigued as to what you think you're going to miss out on if you don't buy something they're offering. What is the feature you think you need that you don't have already? Not taking the piss here, genuinely curious.

What's the big deal? Price has not gone up, literally at all, in years. They have costs beyond inflation, server capacity for example. This is not a big deal.

How so? Costs rise. You might not see it. But behind the scenes they have added massive infrastructure without raising prices until now. I think you are trying to stir a pot that doesn't need to be stirred.

How am I stirring a pot? The pots already been stirred for the past week or so if you hadn't noticed.

How am I stirring a pot? The pots already been stirred for the past week or so if you hadn't noticed.

....on a completely different actually legitimate issue.

you have a choice - to buy or not to buy.

what is it you see, from the article that makes you think "i MUST have <feature>"? What is the feature?

I read it, dissected it, looked at what's on offer, looked at the price and decided that "they're having a laugh". So I won't be partaking of this "offer".

However, I am genuinely intrigued as to what you think you're going to miss out on if you don't buy something they're offering. What is the feature you think you need that you don't have already? Not taking the piss here, genuinely curious.

How would I know? I'm saying maybe there will be more benefits. There probably should be if people are paying 70 bucks a year that a google extension can do half of.

Guest deleted34304850

yeah, i get that but what if you don't buy it - what are you missing out on, compared to what you have now?

i'm not getting why you feel pressured?

That's the thing, how do I know if i'll want it in a year or 2 years from now? Its basically like "might as well buy it now since it's gonna cost more going forward..."

do you think that buying premium today, before the "deadline" will give you incredible value for money going forward?

if the answer to that question is yes, and you can afford it - today - as it's a one time thing - then go for it. once you've bought it it's yours "forever". after all, its not like they can take it off you. Right?

....on a completely different actually legitimate issue.

Clearly that's where we disagree. Just because you think an issue isn't legitimate, doesn't mean other think the same way. I mean I didn't even start this thread to claim wrongdoing, I just wanted to know if the prices got higher or lower as the place I checked for premium didn't have the price stated anymore.

Just be thankful that ES VI hasn't come out yet, those prices might have gone up a whole lot sooner. Especially if the mod support is going to be fantastic. There would be literally no way to contain the mod overflow, it would be a MODAPOCOLYPSE! There would be brownouts in every country, satellites linking up in space would be falling from orbit due to fatigue, it would be the End Game of games! .........lol

..or we would all get a massive discount. Who knows?