creativty, motivation, environment relevant for future modding ?

xrayy

To me it just seems like no one is on the same page. Like there was a misunderstanding somewhere and now everyone is going back and forth about different subjects without realizing it.

if you are unable to add content to this thread please omit it. we all know that reading comprehension is a gift. but don`t underestimate all other contributors here. at least all were able to add content. you are obviously the only exception so far

and i do not need and accept a self-proclaimed co moderator in the topic i opened. thank you for understanding and complying. and please do not add more content-less comments like this. i will report them to staff. you can ask via pm me or staff instead if there is a severe problem with this thread, contributing members or with my moderation. thank you.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like the subject has slightly shifted but I do believe mods matter more than people are stating.

Sure mods might not be a straight forward high percentile stat, but the fact that modding adds so much longevity and replay value for a very dedicated sub-set of players brings statistical benefits to bethesda and their sales. It's rare for a single player game on steam that hasn't had any substantial update for many years to maintain a top 50 place in steam charts, to maintain a healthy and active community and to appear over and over again on various social outlets for this or that reason.

For me, mods are very much a way to add replay ability to games that I enjoy the premise of. For example, I like FO4's premise and how bethesda does open world RPGs and their mechanics, but if I had to replay FO4 base game I probably wouldn't bother.

That's where mods come in. New quests, new places, new customization, etc etc. It's like getting a new bethesda game without having to wait a decade. It's great and thanks to anyone and everyone that contributes to making it possible.

Before Skyrim SE, only a tiny percentage of buyers actually modded their game. Now, with console mods, it has opened up the field some, and yes, some folks did indeed buy the game, because MODS!! Is it a significant bump in sales? Only beth really knows.

That said, Mods certainly contribute to the longevity of the game..... Folks are still playing/modding morrowind, some 20 years after its release.

if you are unable to add content to this thread please omit it. we all know that reading comprehension is a gift. but don`t underestimate all other contributors here. at least all were able to add content. you are obviously the only exception so far

and i do not need and accept a self-proclaimed co moderator in the topic i opened. thank you for understanding and complying. and please do not add more content-less comments like this. i will report them to staff. you can ask via pm me or staff instead if there is a severe problem with this thread, contributing members or with my moderation. thank you.

I was just pointing out there seems to be a miscommunication going on here between people. On one end of the conversation we have people discussing statistics and how BGS games would be perfectly fine even without modding as most who play them don't actually mod (this was brought up due to a user claiming the games would be dead without modding), while on the other end we have those who seems to be arguing that, for them ... the game would be dead. Which is fine, but is entirely unrelated to the actual context of why it was brought up. How one personally feels doesn't change the statistics that exist. It's a fact that many people love BGS games, even without mods, and many still even play it today, even without mods. It's why Skyrim for example is able to be resold over and over again. People love it.

I feel like the subject has slightly shifted but I do believe mods matter more than people are stating.

Sure mods might not be a straight forward high percentile stat, but the fact that modding adds so much longevity and replay value for a very dedicated sub-set of players brings statistical benefits to bethesda and their sales. It's rare for a single player game on steam that hasn't had any substantial update for many years to maintain a top 50 place in steam charts, to maintain a healthy and active community and to appear over and over again on various social outlets for this or that reason.

For me, mods are very much a way to add replay ability to games that I enjoy the premise of. For example, I like FO4's premise and how bethesda does open world RPGs and their mechanics, but if I had to replay FO4 base game I probably wouldn't bother.

That's where mods come in. New quests, new places, new customization, etc etc. It's like getting a new bethesda game without having to wait a decade. It's great and thanks to anyone and everyone that contributes to making it possible.

Right, the argument was never that modding doesn't add longevity, the entire argument was just against the one comment about the games being long dead without modding. Which just isn't true based on the numbers.

Apparently, the future of modding is something akin to "win these goods if you feed us mods!" :down: :wallbash: :sick:

i agree with that and applied in a moderate way (like on nexus until the new mod pack and vortex hype) i even would accept that. but this new aggressive way is just shocking and unhealthy. it's feels like the trump presidency and he still has his followers always prepared for the next storm of the capitol for "their" president. the attitude of some people to misuse this commercial driven hype to boost their personal interests and worldview even in the forums here makes it even worse and nasty.

Apparently, the future of modding is something akin to "win these goods if you feed us mods!" :down: :wallbash: :sick:

uBlock Origin browser extension can hide that obnoxious banner ad on the main page using the DOM element picker, ijs.

uBlock Origin browser extension can hide that obnoxious banner ad on the main page using the DOM element picker, ijs.

I'm confused about this comment:

1 - I'm a Premium. I don't see annoying banners and ads.

2 - What in the world does uBlock, or the whole comment you made, have to to with the topic?

2 - What in the world does uBlock, or the whole comment you made, have to to with the topic?

I suspect if you actually saw the ad, it might make more sense, but, don't know for sure, I don't see ads either. :D

I suspect if you actually saw the ad, it might make more sense, but, don't know for sure, I don't see ads either. :D

I assumed it was is response to the bit about the contest (post a mod maybe win loot). Which would be weird since it would be a local ad. But I don't see ads either, so that's just a guess.