Vortex downloads keep failing...

jarekdefiler

Similar thing happens when I did remove some Skyrim's mods from Vortex profile, then tried to download them back recently. They keep pending, if I use Chrome and choose "Vortex" button then later they show "I/O errors"; same thing with Firefox browser. Sometimes, they keep pending forever or showing "administration right" or "make sure you download with correct Vortex account".

- My Vortex is up to date: 1.4.16

- I did login and "authorize" from Vortex to Internet Browser, instead of downloading directly from Nexus website.

- I did try "manual download" but the download remains still at 0% and then stop.

- I check my "mod download history" to download mods with older date and they are downloading without any issues and maximum speed. Only recently file are failing, and they keep that way.

=> My theory is:

- Perhaps those mods are updating, but it seem unlikely.

- Vortex duplicate logs somewhere when I did repeatably click on download links when they are stuck.

- Conflict between old and new download folder (Computer Access denied on specific folder).

- Conflict when I refresh API link.

Regardless, i can only guess. Please someone help us, we need to mod properly.

Edit: Solved the problem, it was overloaded server, I have to wait at least 2 days in order to download those heavy mod again.

- Before that, I log out my account in Vortex, then authorize again with correct API link, using different browser such as Coc Coc (in my case, Chrome and Firefox not work) and download things from here.

- It's no longer showing "I/O error or unauthorized download", but say "something wrong with server, please download later" or "not a bug".

- By the way, make sure to open your download folder and delete all stucking 0KB files inside, and also your old masterfile list.

Edited by quyengiamdoc

• 10 months later...

This is all happening just when I decided to start modding again...

Doing manual downloads, then transferring the files to Vortex works, but downloading from Nexus itself just fails the download almost immediately...

However temporary this issue may be, I just hope that it can be resolved soon. Modding stuff manually gives me a headache...