Am I the only one - All Beth games on PC issue....

diegoaccord

So, it seems that if I take a decent amount of time away from playing any of the Bethedsa games on my PC, they are broken when I come back. I mean like more than maybe a few months. And it seems to happen 100% of the time. I literally don't touch the games in all that time, yet when I finally come back to one, something doesn't work, whether that be script extender plugins, mods, no start/infinite loading, ect. Even though the game was running perfectly when I sat it down. I literally have to redo everything as if it's the first time the game is being modded.

Fallout 3

Fallout NV

Fallout 4

Skyrim SE

I have only started Skyrim LE since the AE/SE bullshit, but I'm sure once I get that running right, and give it a break, it'll somehow be broken when I decide to come back to it.

For Skyrim SE, and Fallout 4, I would suspect that the updates that beth puts out are what are causing your issues. Changing the exe file breaks the script extender.

For fallout 3, NV, and Skyrim LE though...... They haven't been updated in quite some time, and *shouldn't* do that...... It's possible a windows update, or driver update breaks them, but, that's gonna be tough to nail down.

Fallout 3 recently got an update that broke FOSE.

Really? Fallout 3??? That's wild. Beth had said they were 'done' with FO3 YEARS ago........

Yeah it came out of nowhere and there was no chance of FOSE ever getting updated, luckily modders were able revert it. The patch removed GFWL, something modders had already done back in 2008.

Really? Fallout 3??? That's wild. Beth had said they were 'done' with FO3 YEARS ago........

Yeah it came out of nowhere and there was no chance of FOSE ever getting updated, luckily modders were able revert it. The patch removed GFWL, something modders had already done back in 2008.

Ah, now that actually makes sense. Not that it was needed. :D

The StarField dev team found all the bugs in StarField so they were twiddling their thumbs. Guess they found some things do do.*

*Just kidding. Bethesda devs do not create bugs, they are 'happy little accidents' and are left in the game as undocumented features.

The StarField dev team found all the bugs in StarField so they were twiddling their thumbs. Guess they found some things do do.*

*Just kidding. Bethesda devs do not create bugs, they are 'happy little accidents' and are left in the game as undocumented features.

Someone has been busy, Oblivion and New Vegas got patches in October to increase the frame rate to 60 on the XBone X and Series X.

Someone has been busy, Oblivion and New Vegas got patches in October to increase the frame rate to 60 on the XBone X and Series X.

Oblivion got an update??????? Wow......

Oblivion got an update??????? Wow......

I don't know about Oblivion but New Vegas still looks terrible, it's still 720p low settings upscaled to 1080p/4K whereas Fallout 3 got a much higher resolution, longer draw distance and AA.