Premium Membership prices increasing from October

Dark0ne

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the nexus sites are getting slower and slower in the last month and the prices go up ?

usually it's the other way around.

a month ago opening a page took 20 seconds, today it took me 1 minute to open this article.

if the site where fast, i would actually consider premium membership, but i'm not going to pay for a site the annoys the frack out of me when i wait for a page to open.

maybe you should set aside your pride and accept investment, i read somewhere that you refuse to do that, i'm sure some sponsorship could solve all your performance problems.

Edit:posting this comment took 2 minutes and 13 seconds till the page refreshed after i hit submit.

all other websites respond immediately, this has been the case since i am a member, i do NOT use a adblocker of any kind, so i assume i get full bandwith for 1 connection.

that means something is really wrong if you have 37 servers set up.

FYI, the baddest slowdowns happen immediately after you actually do something on the site, for instance, posting a comment or image or download a file, as long as you just come to visit and open pages, it usually performs reasonable (15 seconds to open a page), after you post a comment or post an image, pages take 1 to 2 minutes to open.

Since this does not happen with any other site i'm visiting, it is safe to conclude it is something in the code of your website, not the server, but the php code.

Edited by Guest

In response to post #9029004.

^ this

Contrary to popular belief money isn't made by selling expensive stuff. Money is made by selling stuff for pennies to millions of sheeple. Why do you think the Free 2 Play model is so successful?

I was considering buying premium being a long time leech and all, but now i'm sure I won't buy it. Now, if the news said the premium is being made cheaper, I'd buy it on the day it'd happen.

See the pattern?

In response to post #9029004. #9030525 is also a reply to the same post.

From surveying people the problem isn't the price point, the problem is paying at all. When that's the problem it doesn't matter what price you set things at you're still going to struggle to get any uptake. No, Premium Membership is about people who want to help support the sites. If you're baulking at the price point then you've completely missed the point of the entire service and, frankly, you're not who I'm looking for support from. Edited by Dark0ne