fallout 4 xbox mods

requester910348

You'll find a lot of modders don't own an Xbox or don't own the game on Xbox. Makes porting their mods almost impossible.

It is possible, but as someone who has ported a couple of mods to XB1 while only having PC...the whole process is awful. Instead of just, y'know, packaging your mod and uploading the file, nice and simple, you have to package it up through that awful CK, manually hunting down the files one-by-one, so that it can be packaged into their own archive format. Then you have to hope that the upload doesn't fail or corrupt the archive (happened twice for me!), in which case you have to do the whole thing all over again. It is really just the most unpleasant way to upload files, and has put me off ever uploading another mod there.

Well known issues are that there's no script extenders for consoles, as far as I'm aware (...might've changed, I dunno), and consoles have limited modding space (... might've changed, also dunno). There's also the, perhaps ancient history of, bad blood between mod authors and people uploading mods to Bethesda.net without permission.

A newer issue is that they've nuked the forums and...apparently also the comments now, limiting feedback mod authors can get. Of course, XB users can go to the Nexus mod page (or Discord, if applicable), but that may just confuse things for everyone. There are also many people who, like me, don't have an XB, so can't test the mods they upload for XB and can't do much about any bugs reported.

I salute any mod author willing to put up with all this stuff, but I don't blame a single one who refuses.