Update on site work and NMM 0.50 around the corner

Dark0ne

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #9146844. #9147518, #9151489, #9152819, #9155363, #9158982, #9191306, #9232105 are all replies on the same post.

Agreed with eldathorn. Ive modded without NMM and modded with it. NMM is way easier to add and remove stuff without eventually getting confused on what files to remove or where to put them. The first time I modded without NMM I had tons of mods and the game so screwed up after 6 months I just deleted everything and reinstalled. lol. If you can do tons of mods without NMM more power to ya. I like the easy button.

In response to post #9146844. #9147518, #9151489, #9152819, #9155363, #9158982, #9191306, #9232105, #9235624 are all replies on the same post.

To SavageArtistry:
Yes it is, and as I stated earlier, I am not technically proficient enough to perform that operation. So thanks to NMM I can utilize and enjoy playing with the great artistry of the gamers who provide these modifications to make my game world a better place.
To them I say, please ignore the naysayers and pessimists, and the exclusionists, and keep up the great work you all do. Even if I don't use your mod, you might inspire someone to make a mod that I do use.

In response to post #9146844. #9147518, #9151489, #9152819, #9155363, #9158982, #9191306, #9232105, #9235624, #9235917 are all replies on the same post.

-edit-
@Agatana, my comment was directed at Ryker61. By his post, it seemed that he was waiting to begin modding until the latest version of NMM was out. I was just pointing out (to him) that it's not necessary to wait.

I'm not sure why you are responding to me. Edited by SavageArtistry

While everything you mention is on my NMM wish list, its unlikely we'll ever see any of those features for one simple reason: all of them would rely on mod authors providing proper NMM support. By my rough estimate only about 10% do. NMM only identifies things by filename and version, both of which are supplied by the mod maker. (I *think* NMM can pull versions out of readmes if their formatted properly, but I'm not certain. But about half of the mods I download don't even have readmes.) Strangely, a lot of these mod authors keep using the same filenames and version numbers between different releases so not even FOMM, OBMM or NMM can sort it out. Even when the files are properly named, readmes updated and so on there's rarely an install script included. Its sad that so many great mods are being overlooked because their too hard for most gamers to install. I would think a little bit of "if-then-else" scripting would be the easiest part of a mod to create. Edited by psycros

I do not want to sound like a troll or be rude as I love the NMM better than Steam and it has made life so much easier. However, recently and for no apparent reason it keeps crashing stating that there is an error and it has to close. Infuriatingly, it asks me if I want to close NMM even though I am installing a mod! Obviously I don't but I have no choice for the mod I am installing won't show up unless I exict and relaunch the program. I also cannot import my plugins to mods for some reason and this happens even after I reinstalled Skyrim and deleted all my old saves and mods leaving only the official Update and official DLC's. This is really sad as I'd hate to go back to the manual installation. Even though I know how to do that it just gets so messy and is easily mixed up and turned into chaos. So if someone could tell my why NMM keeps crashing when I install certain mods (they are not conflicts as I have checked for that) I would really appreciate it.

Many thanks in advance!! :)

It has been about 2 weeks since the original article was posted. Does anyone know what the eta is on the new software version? Is it going to be 3 more weeks, 3 more months? I'm just wondering because the op was very vague about it, and I would think this kind of announcement would be held back until they thought the beta release was fairly close. No big deal, the lack of activity on the site news just has me curious.