FileFront closing its doors - Not anymore!!!

Dark0ne

"And as for the possible "clever ruse" comment, nope...the admin and staff were all fired and accounts locked out. It is a done deal."

Ouch, really? Well now I do feel bad.

Here's to hoping things get better for them.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In another game forum (german Battlefield community) we've started a "rescue-mission" to save files which will probably lost forever.

Perhaps its a good idea for TES too because some mod became unsupported and nobody eventually care to up it somewhere else.

I don't know, while the forumsystem is offline at the moment, I am still able to log in to the mainsite using my account, so the mainsite accounts are still working...

It does sound too much like an April Fools-prank, I'd have to confirm it with some of the forum staff I know though...

Edited by Dantrag_tc

I saw this before. I'm extremely sad. :[ FileFront was the only site that I enjoyed sharing files on. The others seem to be crap unless they're dedicated (such as TES Nexus and Fallout 3 Nexus), but then you obviously can't share any files to your desire.

I've heard rumors, that Buddah is attempting to download as much as he can before many of these files are lost forever, perhaps as a community we can help him. If he has the time to inform us of the sections he is already archived, and could give us some direction as to the sections of the site, he will not have time to download, perhaps we can all work together, to download those sections of the site. Let us not duplicate one another's efforts, individuals could take responsibility for downloading individual areas of the site.

Surely we can find a way to combine our efforts in unison with his to create a library of these files. I will leave it up to him to help us organize our efforts and combine our work for the sake of future generations. Considering the number of files to be archived, and considering his precious time, I would suggest to him that he appoint someone to organize this massive project, or perhaps someone might step forward to accept this position of leadership. May the sun be upon your shoulders, and the wind at your back, as time is running out. This must be accomplished quickly.

I only suggest this as a way to help him. I hope no one will take offense, most especially Buddah, my intentions are honorable. It is possible that there is not enough time to organize such an effort. If such is the case, I leave this in the community's capable hands.

Storm Raven

I have done the math, using two broadband connections and two computers I should have plenty of time to complete both areas at file front.

When that is done, I will try to get as much as I can from known authors that use the site...so if you know of anyone with a personal account there, feel free to pm me and I will grab what I can.

I picked a good week to be on vacation! ! ! !

http://elderscrolls.filefront.com 50% downloaded.

The other file front 40%, so I should finish up with the main sites tomorrow.

I already have the Morrowind side completely downloaded.

Buddah aka Micky

I have done the math, using two broadband connections and two computers I should have plenty of time to complete both areas at file front.

When that is done, I will try to get as much as I can from known authors that use the site...so if you know of anyone with a personal account there, feel free to pm me and I will grab what I can.

I picked a good week to be on vacation! ! ! !

http://elderscrolls.filefront.com 50% downloaded.

The other file front 40%, so I should finish up with the main sites tomorrow.

I already have the Morrowind side completely downloaded.

Buddah aka Micky

Buddah,

How can we as a community assist you? Or are you telling us you think you have it under control?

Are there other areas that we might want to be downloading in addition to the ones you've already done?

Storm Raven.