Ukrainian War: Prelude to Worse?

Fkemman11

anyone else who wants to support putin and trump with weird arguments directly or indirectly?

seems the right place here !?

i pray day by day that both will be history now and forever. i need no history lesson for that.

they both showed that they are ready to destroy the world just unable control their dark ego and their power.

they don't even recognize how weird they act as long as some blinded or short sighted or even reckless people still support them.

@pagafyr - seems that some russian soldiers misunderstood something while treating ukrainian civilians not as human beings.

who gave them the right to act like this? putin, kyrill or even another special russian god ?

The behavior of soldiers was quite a problem when Japan was attacking China as well. Back when.

Without our U. S. Country President tossing his glove into the battle and declaring war the Geneva Convention did not become engaged to take into account and enforce their Rules of Conduct in War; while North Vietnam took our American civilians working in conjunction in government jobs and soldiers prisoner.

North Vietnam did not have to treat the prisoners under the guidelines of the Geneva Convention because the battle was one sided. Our U. S. Military were engaged in battle anyway and had been commanded to fight even though our position was acting as police for South Vietnam. We were not supposed to engage in the battle between north and south Vietnam.

Rape, pillaging, torture, and destruction were common in many wars. Pillaging like the riots in the main business areas in the U. S. A. were the people, and just like them many soldiers DRAFTED into the Military did so as well, breaking windows, looting stores, and so on. The people who often become soldiers didn't all come from the Bay area or Pasadena, California. The soldiers often come from broken families, single mothers, women of prostitution, and so on.

We're not all educated angels. Being well educated is what made you aware of the underbelly of War. So striking waters of this subject with your wisdom is splashing back in your own face.

Where did those people come from? That place you don't go at night, those poor people who stay at night in house's that are empty boarded up and in neighborhoods where there are six or more couples living with their children in one room at one of the big housing projects. Just like some of the buildings that were shown blown to bits in Ukraine.

Before I became educated about the differences I tried to get a job at a plant. I was unable to because they were hiring people from south of the border who had relatives in the area. One such male felt compelled to help me understand why I wasn't hired. He took me to the place he and his wife and children lived.

It was not much more than a hotel bed, two chairs, a dresser, a phone, fan for circulating the air in the room and a private bathroom. No kitchen. There were four males his own age there with their wives and children. I thought they were visiting him and his family. I learned that they were all four working at the plant. They all four were living in the same room. They all came across the border when it was time for the harvest at their relatives farm. I wasn't a member of their family, and they, needed the work to support them selves, their wives, and children. They were all brothers, all five of the males.

Where do the kinds of people come from who do not know about the civilized ways we know and practice?

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's time for the women to tell the men of both sides, no more sex if you don't stop fighting.

Howdy Paga ... haven't seen you for awhile ... must've been to busy with that evil plan to turn pizza into a breakfast cereal ?

Well good to see ya :wink:

Good to know you're still above ground and breathing too. :wink:

who gave them the right to act like this? putin, kyrill or even another special russian god ?

Who is in charge telling them they can't ?

Which I think you need to realize ... you are not going to teach anybody how to think better by telling them they are stupid.

Teaching them would require more effort and resources than are available at this juncture ... Patience being a key component.

But that doesn't mean you blind yourself with fairy stories about Kumbaya moments that could be.

We who are advancing society do not need to be diametrically better than them. We just need to be +1 better .

Considering the horrific things mankind has done even recently , but still advanced.

We too can advance society in dialing back the bleeding heart mentality , being more realistic for what is possible in the present.

And frankly we need to stop with the short bus mentality . Cuz we cannot afford the gas for it.

Let life and the laws of physics be the teacher for those who FULLY refuse to engage in the business of a shared future.

Hence those thinking they can use the threat of violence as a chip of value at the table of agreements.

Removing our disagreement from their focus ... will then bring about disagreements amongst themselves.

And I am pretty damn sure we will fair better in that department than they will.

Social networking is KING

Who is in charge telling them they can't ?

Which I think you need to realize ... you are not going to teach anybody how to think better by telling them they are stupid.

Teaching them would require more effort and resources than are available at this juncture ... Patience being a key component.

But that doesn't mean you blind yourself with fairy stories about Kumbaya moments that could be.

We who are advancing society do not need to be diametrically better than them. We just need to be +1 better .

Considering the horrific things mankind has done even recently , but still advanced.

We too can advance society in dialing back the bleeding heart mentality , being more realistic for what is possible in the present.

And frankly we need to stop with the short bus mentality . Cuz we cannot afford the gas for it.

Let life and the laws of physics be the teacher for those who FULLY refuse to engage in the business of a shared future.

Hence those thinking they can use the threat of violence as a chip of value at the table of agreements.

Removing our disagreement from their focus ... will then bring about disagreements amongst themselves.

And I am pretty damn sure we will fair better in that department than they will.

Social networking is KING

the world could - including china and india and... but you're right this will not happen and we all know why.

do you seriously think i try to teach anything at all ?

if people really like a leader like trump or putin and support or think they can trust them - they probably know why and they will never change their mind. that is what i realized long time ago.

i just want to make clear that i do not support people showing such an attitude.

my definition of good, bad and reasonable is simply not compatible with their mind set and i cannot help people who defend the need of mass shooting capable weapons for plain civilians and to support to buy them without serious restrictions just to give some brain dead beings to play "strong man" with them. no second amendment wherever can justify that.

also no history lesson or funny try to relativize tumps or putins dark egos, thoughts and their way to act will ever convince me.

i think it is a waste of time to explain anything in that regard to anyone. clear distancing from such people is the way i recommend without teaching anything. that's all i can do.

the uncontrolled social networking growing in the internet is more a danger than a KING or whatever. my opinion. it is the the reason for growing conspiracy and hate and power for extremists - at least my impression watching what happened in the last decade. it is not clear that reasonable thinking people will rule the internet in future if people like trump just can buy it or others like xi or lukaschenko (mis)use it as a censored platform to stabilize their autocratic power.

if i watch russia and china and the extensive worldwide censoring it is already used as a platform to spread conspiracy and misinformation.

Society is getting better? Wow. Not from where I am sitting. My personal observations tells me that we are declining, at an ever increasing pace. I think it really started gathering momentum with the "No Child Left Behind" program in education. Rewarding folks for failure?? Really? How is that in any way 'helpful'?? Then we get into the 'everyone wins, everyone gets a trophy', and 'you can't tell your children "no" because it may damage them psychologically', and then there is the whole 'government telling us how to raise/discipline our children' that has led to a couple generations of children with NO discipline. The entitled generation. Kids growing up with 'safe spaces', that no longer know how to handle conflict. We shelter our children, to 'protect' them, but, all we are accomplishing is producing adults that have no idea how to function in a world that works NOTHING like they have been raised to believe. We have done this to ourselves, and we are seeing the results of such social experiments in the news every day.

I am not even going to bother engaging on the whole 'assault weapons' thing, as you have already proven you don't have a clue about guns, or american society.

Society is getting better? Wow. ...

who says that ?

I am not even going to bother engaging on the whole 'assault weapons' thing, as you have already proven you don't have a clue about guns, or american society.

i have already proven what you assume ? sounds not like convincing argument - more like a wet wish ;) and i think at least 60% of the u.s. have a better clue of u.s. society than you. seems you are one of the incorrigible lonely western heroes with only two hobbies: playing ego shooters and playing with mass shooting capable weapons.

i know that more lonely cowboys and ego shooter fans will tell the world here in this forum that the second amendment gives all(most) americans the guaranteed right until at least the year 3022 or whatever to defend themselves with weapons deadlier than machine guns and that you believe that most americans have your mind set. i can even tell you the names of them. thanks god this is just a forum otherwise trump would still be (the not elected) u.s. leader and the 6th of Jan. would probably be - in the meantime - a national festival to honor and to thank trump!

if you allow to take all americans into account: i strongly doubt your claim reflects the wishes of the majority of the u.s. to get rid of this stupid mass of weapons and the related problems and it even seems you still haven't recognized this so far on your cowboy ranch.

who says that ?

i have already proven what you assume ? sounds not convincing. and i think at least 60% of the u.s. have a better clue of u.s. society than you. seems you are one of the incorrigible lonely western heroes with only two hobbies: playing ego shooters and playing with mass shooting capable weapons.

i know that more lonely cowboys and ego shooter fans will tell the world here in this forum that the second amendment gives all(most) americans the guaranteed right until at least the year 3022 or whatever to defend themselves with weapons deadlier than machine guns and that you believe that most americans have your mind set. i can even tell you the names of them. thanks god this is just a forum otherwise trump would still be (the not elected) u.s. leader and the 6th of Jan. would probably be - in the meantime - a national festival to honor and to thank trump!

if you allow to take all americans into account: i strongly doubt your claim reflects the wishes of the majority of the u.s. to get rid of this stupid mass of weapons and the related problems and it even seems you still haven't recognized this so far on your cowboy ranch.

You are oh-so-concerned about 'scary' rifles, that you neglect to notice that there are NUMEROUS semi-auto, magazine fed, hunting rifles, that are larger caliber than your average AR- variant. Not to mention that ANY weapon is 'mass shooting capable', in fact, a significant percentage of mass-shooters use PISTOLS.

Try not to pretend you have any understanding of american culture. You may have spent a bit of time here, but, you don't live here, you didn't grow up here, ALL of your views are colored by the bias inherent in those that grew up in a society where firearm ownership was heavily restricted. (most of Europe....)

You make a lot of assumptions about me. So far, none of them have been correct. All you see is someone that supports gun ownership, and everything beyond that, is simply your own anti-gun bias.

And then we have the whole statistics thing. If you bother to look, you are more likely to die in a mass shooting in friggin NORWAY, than you are in the US. Have a read here. US ranks number 11.......

And how about the rest of gun deaths? Mass shooting account for a tiny minority of gun deaths. It's the inner city folks that are killing each other wholesale every day here in the US, but, no one seems to really care about that.

Have you seen the videos about Lake Meade in Las Vegas lately.

It's nearly dry. Shrinking several yards a month and exposing all kinds of boats; even a few barrels with bodies in them. Lake Meade for those that aren't fans of Fallout games is New Vegas's reason for living, fighting, and Mr. House's source of immortality keeping him alive in the chamber where his living body exists.

Looks like Total Atomic War won't save the RL people in Nevada now. Their water supply is nearly completely gone. Seen any people from Nevada driving around in your area lately?

Have you seen the videos about Lake Meade in Las Vegas lately.

It's nearly dry. Shrinking several yards a month and exposing all kinds of boats; even a few barrels with bodies in them. Lake Meade for those that aren't fans of Fallout games is New Vegas's reason for living, fighting, and Mr. House's source of immortality keeping him alive in the chamber where his living body exists.

Looks like Total Atomic War won't save the RL people in Nevada now. Their water supply is nearly completely gone. Seen any people from Nevada driving around in your area lately?

Well, large scale war would certainly reduce the water-using population there though, so Lake Mead may actually do better afterwards. :)

who says that ?

i have already proven what you assume ? sounds not convincing. and i think at least 60% of the u.s. have a better clue of u.s. society than you. seems you are one of the incorrigible lonely western heroes with only two hobbies: playing ego shooters and playing with mass shooting capable weapons.

You are oh-so-concerned about 'scary' rifles, that you neglect to notice that there are NUMEROUS semi-auto, magazine fed, hunting rifles, that are larger caliber than your average AR- variant. Not to mention that ANY weapon is 'mass shooting capable', in fact, a significant percentage of mass-shooters use PISTOLS.

Try not to pretend you have any understanding of american culture. You may have spent a bit of time here, but, you don't live here, you didn't grow up here, ALL of your views are colored by the bias inherent in those that grew up in a society where firearm ownership was heavily restricted. (most of Europe....)

You make a lot of assumptions about me. So far, none of them have been correct. All you see is someone that supports gun ownership, and everything beyond that, is simply your own anti-gun bias.

And then we have the whole statistics thing. If you bother to look, you are more likely to die in a mass shooting in friggin NORWAY, than you are in the US. Have a read here. US ranks number 11.......

And how about the rest of gun deaths? Mass shooting account for a tiny minority of gun deaths. It's the inner city folks that are killing each other wholesale every day here in the US, but, no one seems to really care about that.

i tried to help you with my smiley. it was my intention to answer colored - what is wrong that ? your lack of understanding ?

i does not matter if you are cowboy or not. but it matters if you claim to speak for the u.s but in reality youspeak for some trump and (maybe) for some nra fans and by the way exclude "some inner city folks".

why do you ask for gun death? if you are well informed (not fox or trump tv) you know aready that the u.s. have a severe weapon related homicide, suicide and mass shooting problem no security or self declared weaponized heros can solve or have ever solved or prevented such incidents. it is getting boring and the whole world knows about that...

continue to ignore and be happy - that is my advice.

things that really concern me (just as example) are the ignorance to justify reckless acting leaders like trump and putin and to not to justify people who support laughable weapons laws even after countless mass shootings.