Collections Discussion Forum?

Errant6

We could look at adding something like this, but the big question is where to put it. The forum is currently structured with siloed sections for each game, so you could always post it under the game forum with a tag for Collections?

Just add a Vortex Collections section in the... Vortex section?

Remember that the Collections API will be open and it will be possible for MO2/NMM/whateverelseexists to implement the feature as well.

We could look at adding something like this, but the big question is where to put it. The forum is currently structured with siloed sections for each game, so you could always post it under the game forum with a tag for Collections?

In spite of my belief that mod packs are simply a dumbing down of mod usage, I think acidzebra has the right of it here. Putting a forum for mod packs discussion in a location which is being developed specifically for the distribution and implementation of mod packs is logical.

Remember that the Collections API will be open and it will be possible for MO2/NMM/whateverelseexists to implement the feature as well.

As one of the unwashed masses that uses mods far, far more than I'm ever likely to write one - through Vortex, I'd personally find it heartening to see the roots of Collections' development remembered by placement within the Vortex section of the forums. Then again, maybe that would just feel like payback for the leetist "just use MO2/NMM" posts I"ve seen since my discovery of FO4 and the addictive ever-expanding trove of mods in the Nexus hoard.

I don't really care where such a forum appeared though. It would just be nice to not have to trawl through pages of random chat to find topics of long term relevance to me.