No Voice Lines For Certain NPCs ?

sharkeyyyy

In the imperial city, k'mar the night prowler and some others have no voice lines. Is this a bug ? I see the subtitles but there's no audio.

Any help ? I'm using the steam GOTY version and these mods: Unofficial Oblvion Patch
Unofficial Oblivion DLC Patch
Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch
AULIAS_1_2_5
Maskars Oblivion Overhaul 4_9_4_2
Oblivion Character Overhaul
Blockhead
Combat Stance Reanimation
Enhanced Water
ITF
Cyrodiil Enb
Better Cities
RealisticLeveling-1_14

Can I search the game files to see if k'mar the night prowler has voice lines ? Thanks

That sounds like a Mod added NPC not vanilla. Not sure if K'mar would be from Better Cities or MOO. Check you installion for those mods. It also could be they have no voiced dialogue assigned.

You can check the NPC's dialogs for voiced files this way using Construction Set:

1. Find your NPC in Object Window, select the NPC and by right-click select edit.

2. In NPC window select "Dialogue"- a "Dialogue" window will appear with all NPC's topics.

3. Find your topic and responses, and then double-click on your response text in "Response Details".

Now the "Edit Response" window should appear and in "Audio" part you will see, if any audio files are present. There must be at least mp3 or wav file attached to make NPC respond with sound and lip file makes NPC use his mouth.

Better Cities did only cause me problems. It does not add anything else than some Immersive Shops, still it destroyed my save game when I restarted with Oblivion 2020. I remade my whole mod list after that. I did try to combine it with MMM before I found MOO, and maybe MMM was the issue? IDK... My game works nice without any of them.