Creation Club content within a non-CC mod

pra

So, where exactly is the line drawn on using CC content within a regular, non-CC depending mod?

The way I see it, we have 3 types of content here, where this question even makes sense:

1. Assets within the CC BA2 archives, which are downloaded automatically, whenever you bought the mod or not.
  2. Assets within the base game's archive, which were added specifically for some CC mod. Like NIFs in the creationclub subfolder within Fallout4 - Meshes.ba2, or the scripts under Scripts\CreationClub within Fallout4 - Misc.ba2
  3. Records within Fallout4.esm, which were added for some CC mod. Like the actual VR pod FURN, VRWorkshopShared_VRPod_Workshop.

If I remember correctly, someone got bonked by Nexus for #1 before. But, where exactly is the line drawn? Are #2 and #3 fair game? #3 only? None of them?

What if I copy a #3 record?

CC content is NOT downloaded automatically if you haven't bought the CC mod. So you can't include it in any of your mods.

The only exception is the four included with the 1.6 update, since they are free for all users.

It was my understanding that the assets for CC content were downloaded automagically, however, to get them in-game (legally) you need to purchase the esp/esl file that does that.

I've got 74 BSA files associated with the CC content. I don't recall having them before buying the Anniversary Edition Upgrade.

If you don't have the upgrade, do you have 74 BSA files of CC content?

Once, back when the CC was first started, the initial batch of CC content was accidentally added to the Steam manifest along with the base game update and people got them regardless of whether or not they bought the CC mods because they were now considered part of the base game by Steam. Bethesda fixed that issue and it never happened again.

I can't help but think that more people would have noticed if more than 5gb of unnecessary files were always added to their game.

edit: Just to clarify, I once again forgot what forum I was browsing. What I said above was with regard to Skyrim, but I also haven't had any Fallout 4 CC assets downloaded unless I bought the CC mods.

I know that the CC assets Are automatically downloaded, IF you are a console player using the most updated version of the game. They did this to get past the 2gig storage limit for mods, and to create CC that is faster to DL from the consoles. Also, console files are pretty difficult to access and extract to be used for standalone mods that don't just add to or alter CC stuff.

For the PC versions, I have heard Both versions. That they Do, and that they Don't.

As for #1, the only mods that you can put here on the nexus that contain CC are ones that are dependent upon the CC's .esl file. And you cannot say... take the Doom Armor CC and use it's assets to create a completely different armor. Now however, if I had that CC, and decided to make it so that you could make more of it, at the chem station.... or be able to add BW or other modifications to it, at a workbench, while still having to have the master .esl file in the LO, that would be ok.

#2 If it's in the base game archives, yes, you can mod those however you want. As long as they have the dependency on the .Fallout4.esm file. (Which, any modd for fallout 4 automatically does).

In short- Any assets that are not an additional expense to the player, that come with the vanilla game.... are ok. If you have to pay extra for it, the use of assets is strictly limited.