I have a bone to pick with a lot of fallout 4 pc mod authors.

xXAlScarfaceCaponeXx

Oh! Oh! Oh! Breaking news from M$ !

Microsoft reveals new tidbits of Fallout 5 from Bethesda. All consoles in the new game will features a Windows logo sticker, and have a nag screen to update to the latest Security Patch!

What? No blue screens of death? :ermm:

Not very realistic.

Only when you plug in a USB device. :D

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Microsoft reveals new tidbits of Fallout 5 from Bethesda. All consoles in the new game will features a Windows logo sticker, and have a nag screen to update to the latest Security Patch!

Not very realistic.

Not very realistic.

Green screen, in Fallout's case ;)

Only when you plug in a USB device. :D

Don't think Fallout has caught up to USB yet. But holotape, sured......

OMG. Lightbulb went off.

When MS/Bethesda releases the next fallout, we, the modders, MUST convert the holotapes to the old magnetic cassettes!

OMG. Lightbulb went off.

When MS/Bethesda releases the next fallout, we, the modders, MUST convert the holotapes to the old magnetic cassettes!

Why wait?

52537461-1662053181.png

All it still lacks is somebody who knows how to swap the holotape for this (holotape sized) good ol' cassette. (it has a A side too!) :P

PC players owe a debt to console players. If not for the Christmas and birthday purchases by loving moms and dads of console games, offerings of games to PCs would be sparse. Thank you moms, dads, aunts, uncles, and grandparents of console players for buying the games, that allow PC players some trickle down benefit.

PC players owe a debt to console players. If not for the Christmas and birthday purchases by loving moms and dads of console games, offerings of games to PCs would be sparse. Thank you moms, dads, aunts, uncles, and grandparents of console players for buying the games, that allow PC players some trickle down benefit.

Lol So since I play PC games and Buy my kids console games I should thank myself?

Hows that modding with a gamepad going for you?

Edited by Dreadshow

OMG. Lightbulb went off.

Why wait?

52537461-1662053181.png

All it still lacks is somebody who knows how to swap the holotape for this (holotape sized) good ol' cassette. (it has a A side too!) :tongue:

Yessssssss

I wants it!

Mkay so I'm definitely not disagreeing with you there, Moksha. Good to see you again, btw!

Here's just a slightly different point.

Console versions of games, in many, many cases, generate higher sales profits for gaming companies, than PC versions of the game do.

Especially in cases where people buy the game used, and then have to purchase a new authentification code.

Now, if you want to understand why I make this point and believe that Console sales out-profit PC sales.... please visit the Wall of Shame, and look for members that have been banned for Piracy.

Simply put, it's PC File sharing that kills a lot of the profits for the companies.

Yessssssss

I wants it!

I did find this one: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/29687

Not a bad one itself, especially since it is the fo3/nv version.

I might be able to figure out how that one does it and create my own replacer for the more nostalgic version I just created.

edit:

For accuracy it could use a randomly triggered animation event where the tape gets stuck when you take it out, but that's way beyond my current skills :dry:

Edited by RoNin1971

OMG. Lightbulb went off.

Why wait?

52537461-1662053181.png

All it still lacks is somebody who knows how to swap the holotape for this (holotape sized) good ol' cassette. (it has a A side too!) :tongue:

This would finally be a use for all those pencils that are left lying around.