Sites are mind numbingly slow

mechatech

Ksenya - That's what I get. Your picture is loading as I type and is still not finished.

Risibisi - Unsure. I remember reading about someone in the UK unable to access the site. The cause seemed to be their service provider. My ISP hasn't done anything that I know of.

Ac3s - I haven't had connection issues.... yet. I log on usually after 9 or 10 pm GMT and out an hour or two later. It may be a peak hours issue. My new job prevents me from logging in at odd hours like I used to.

jim_uk - Looks just like that. So it's happening both sides of the pond. Despite that I can download large files quickly.

Anyone from the US with this problem?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was slow to a crawl this morning (8 AM to 11 AM, Eastern Canada time). No 502's or 504's though. Now, it seems to a bit better.

Referring to Skyrim and New Vegas Nexus sites. All others are smooth.

@ Dark0ne

it's be good as gold for you because the Nexus knows who is it's master! :laugh:

Everyone knows Dark0ne has no true control over the Nexus...

SiteBot rules with an iron fist! And She decides who can surf when! All bow to the almighty SiteBot! http://www.darkcreations.org/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/unworthy.gif

(She also likes pink)

...but seriously; I haven't noticed those exact errors myself. Ob/Mw Nexus has been sluggish for me, but they always go through eventually.

Got that load balancer cluster thing as well when I tried getting on skyrim nexus just right now. Also had that database is struggling repeated message thing when I got on to Oblivion nexus the other day to check messages/tracked mods/etc.

Got this...

Your Load Balancer cluster is being configured now.

(port reminder 9080)

then this...

500 Internal Server Error.

Glad to see i'm not the only one, same exact errors right now. Been a while since i played Skyrim and my one stop place to go for skyrim modding is the Nexus! Been trying for hours to get back up and running again with my favorite latest mods and some new ones but not having much luck... i had a small period of about half hour with no issues but then went down again. I'll try again later today or maybe tomorrow. Deffnietly do not want to go anywhere else.. hopefully just a weekend overload issue!

Your load balancer cluster is imbalanced by the load of skyrim lovers. Just another bump on the road to smoother systems operation for all! (I hope)

That said, I'm beginning to wonder if the cloud balancing system is going to be able to cope with the load of the skyrim nexus, much less all the nexus sites... *crosses fingers*

Still hanging in there, and by hanging I mean slamming the server with refreshes just to... uh... help it balance... or something. :D

Oh, well that's good news (long term) then... at least once the hard drive redundancy issues are fixed, the core cloud system might have a good chance of keeping up.

I wish I were a fly on the wall listening in to those "words" that are being had though, that might be an interesting string of epithets being hurled...