What is your most well played character in Oblivion? (Total hours played on that character save?)

LordPalpatine2020

I have a save file that shows up as having played the character for 945 hours! Man that is alot for me! So for you now, what's the highest amount of hours you played on your most well played character as showed up on the save file?

I am not sure really. All i know is that I played the same type of char, with the same name since 2004, for 18 years in TES 3-5 :D

In the other hand, that is not important. All my current chars in TES 3-5 is fully trained. I use Master trainers these days, in all games and I have to use all my septims for something, do I not? :wink:

77985963-1659287190.png

77985963-1658771335.png

Edited by Pellape

But when you mention it, I can check my current chars, but in one way it is not relevant. I restarted Skyrim a few months ago and I do have a Morrowind save file that I still use when i take screenshots in Morrowind. Next time I load her up I can check. In Oblivion, i only play my quests and test my mod, which is in focus, but I will one day play the quests, as the house will change together with any quest you do and that is the reason I do not play any of them with my current char, so I can prepare the house first for each quest, as otherwise nothing will happen in the house when or if I do them :smile:

My current Skyrim char? I will check her during the week, as I do not have a clue. But the only char that gets close to your numbers might be the Morrowind char. The main reason i had to restart the oblivion char was a problem that did occur and lots of crashes and they stopped occur when I made a new char. I do not think I made any big differences into my mod list, just restarted with a new char, that's it. It also gave me an opportunity to test my own quests again from scratch, the way the player would play them and everything is working great so far.

If a Bethesda quest, like the one for Benirus manor do not work properly, I add fixes as well. :smile: That quest is now working 100% perfect and is also part of the house and the result inside the underground museum is this:

52047-1657220079-1190204640.jpeg

I do plan to do the same with all quests, as soon as they get to the final stage, stuff will become visible inside the house, somewhere... This room will focus at all Anvil related quests, as one example. So I do not play the game as it normally should be played, so therefor my hours in game is not normal at all. I do like to play it this way really but it sure is much more time consuming. How long time do a normal quest in game to finish? 1-3 hours? For me, with the modding included, I guess it will take me days and I am not in a hurry as the result in game or rather inside the house must feel perfect for me. Maybe it will not feel perfect for you. :wink: I do plan to finish this around 2030-2040... :wink: Starfield will soon come as well, but I will play it at my home and I mod and play Oblivion when i visit my GF, as I am there right now and this comp will not be able to play Starfield. It might also be so that Starfield will become a very boring game? I base that guess on the cooperation between bethesda and Microsoft and that they will focus at the console players again, as it is there they big market is, not for us PC players.

I did check now and the current char has played 100 hours, and completed 6 quests, That is NOT normal. :smile: I did play the same game 2006-2008, every day, aprox 4-10 hours, with some modding in between. I do guess that char spent a lot of hours in game.

The quest for restoring the library, is 1 single quest that is in a script loop. It is not a single quest per book.That quest do never end, not as long as I plan to add new books into the game.

Edited by Pellape

My current character ... 6452 hours, started playing him Nov 2014. Thieves Guild is the only questline he hasn't done (previous characters have been down that path though). A few of the hidden miscellaneous quest also haven't been done by this guy.

Guest deleted2027229

I'm genuinely curious... how do you fill up 6000+ hours with game content? I would imagine you could explore every location in the game in 200 hours at most.

Edited by WanderRA

Ah ... that would be the 'Striker mini-games'.

I've learned a few tricks, which when paired with some of the mods I use allows me to populate various locations (player owned and otherwise) with NPCs you would normally not find there (various bandits, marauders, necromancers and conjurers ... anyone from a leveled list). Some cells are set to not respawn very often, others need me to 'recruit' fresh additional inhabitants when I see the previous 'have moved on' (been lost to a cell reset).

Much time (as in much much time) has also been spent Blockheading many of the candidates for this ongoing operation.

Another explanation could be I'm easily amused.

I cannot remember how many hours I spent but my longest running character was a nord warrior who made it to level 42. I did every quest with this guy, discovered every map marker and bought every house. Completely no-lifed the game. One day my save got corrupted because I jumped around the Imperial City until the game crashed.

Nowadays I switch between characters a lot. I create a new one often and never play each one for very long.

• 3 months later...

I'm genuinely curious... how do you fill up 6000+ hours with game content? I would imagine you could explore every location in the game in 200 hours at most.

When you add quest mods or game characters with quests such as Vilja, time just expands.

• 2 months later...

Well, one can get to 6000+ hours of Oblivion gameplay on one single character playing huge mods like Obscuro's Oblivion Overhall for example!