Pale Moon web browser, viewing Collections

skittered

@1ae0bfb8

The error occurs with a clean default install, no extensions, non of the default install settings changed.

@StormWolf01

Can you view collections in Pale Moon?

Pale Moons' java script parsers are up to spec. It does not make any sense that a java script error is the fault of the browser.

I can't even get the arrows to click, to open up the screen for them in Pale Moon :sad:

Have you tried clearing out the cache and history from the browser and trying again?

Have you tried clearing out your temp files, and trying again?

Sometimes .JS files from sites you have visited previously, or adverts, can cause problems with other sites.

One other thing that I know works many times, is to use an uninstaller program like Advanced Uninstaller Pro, or Revo Uninstaller, Ccleaner, that offer the option to remove all traces of a program, including their program folders, can do the trick. To completely wipe the drive of the program, then reinstall it. That's a drastic case, but sometimes it does work when there's leftovers hiding away in the recesses of your hard drive. (Or SSD).

And while I'm not trying to discount that 1ae is knowledgeable, Pickysaurus/Mike is on staff. PAID version of the staff, and does development for the site. So his information he's provided, is golden.

Pale Moon is hot garbage and has been for awhile. I used it for a couple of years but it became apparent they didn't care that I just wanted to visit Youtube and actually have it work, among other things. So I went back to Firefox only to find out Mozilla apparently changed their stupid ways and actually made Firefox worth using again.

Guest deleted34304850
I myself prefer WaterFox Classic. The Classic is still built off of the older FireFox branch, but it has a lot more site functionality, regular updates, and still uses the older plugins/extensions from the older fork. It's also much more resource friendly than Pale Moon.

WaterFox is also produced by some of the same people who worked for FireFox. Who... didn't agree with the changes that FF wanted to make.

Those changes closed a myriad of security holes that could be exploited by addons and made the browser safer and faster and more compliant with constantly changing web and security standards.

What is it you think you get using some edge case forked browser over a mainstream browser with a much wider developer base and a much faster problem diagnosis and resolution turnaround?

I'm genuinely interested to know.

I can view the collections home page, but I can't view any specific games collections page.

Apparently there's not going to be an answer to this other than bashing Pale Moon.

Have you reported this problem to the Pale Moon developers so they can fix it?

Guest deleted34304850

im not a "paid dev" whatever that is.

i don't need to test pale moon, i know what it is, its origins and its limitations.

you want to use a browser that obviously doesn't work as you'd like it to on this website and the community manager has told you that they only support the main browsers.

you have a choice, change browser to one that works, or continue to use your browser that doesn't and deal with that as best you can.

for me, it's a no-brainer.

I'm dealing with it as best I can. I'm trying to help the community and the devs that run it but I'm getting told off because I'm using something that everyone assumes is out of spec, out of date and not worthy of their time.

I pasted the possibly problematic code, a syntax error according to javascript validators, and the answer has been .. "it works in other browsers" .. not .. "thanks for pointing us toward where a problem might be" .. or .. "here's the spec that allows it"

If it were a security issue it would get fixed immediately without blaming the browser for halting at it.

Edited by skittered