Pale Moon web browser, viewing Collections

skittered

If it was a security issue it would matter.

As it is, if Pale Moon is the only browser that doesn't deal with it gracefully, then it's not worth Black Tree's time and money to go searching for every possible instance of an innocuous error in order to support a single browser, with limited users, who also have the option of just using a different browser.

Stop trying to spend other people's money. Picky already told you they don't support Pale Moon.

I can view the collections home page, but I can't view any specific games collections page.

Apparently there's not going to be an answer to this other than bashing Pale Moon.

Have you reported this problem to the Pale Moon developers so they can fix it?

The chances of that happening are essentially zero. I have in the past reported pages that work in every other browser on Nexus, but not in Pale Moon, and they always blame the site for it.

I myself prefer WaterFox Classic. The Classic is still built off of the older FireFox branch, but it has a lot more site functionality, regular updates, and still uses the older plugins/extensions from the older fork. It's also much more resource friendly than Pale Moon.

WaterFox is also produced by some of the same people who worked for FireFox. Who... didn't agree with the changes that FF wanted to make.

Those changes closed a myriad of security holes that could be exploited by addons and made the browser safer and faster and more compliant with constantly changing web and security standards.

What is it you think you get using some edge case forked browser over a mainstream browser with a much wider developer base and a much faster problem diagnosis and resolution turnaround?

I'm genuinely interested to know.

Heyas 1ae.

Ok, so first, I guess I should say that neither of the two browsers we've been talking about, are my primary browser. Opera is my go to, daily driver. Mainly because it will kill the adverts that play ahead of YT vids. And because the UI and settings are fairly easy to get to and work with.

The other two, well, as I said, Pale Moon I hardly ever use. It's too resource heavy, and wellll.... outdated. Waterfox I generally fall back on, when I've got too many tabs running in Opera, and it's lagging the page loads. Classic, and PM, it goes back to what I was saying before about certain tools, for certain jobs. Some of the old plugins that work really well, just don't work with the current branch.

Prime example. My kid's mom. Oh, she's smart enough to load up albums of pics to a free image host, of my kid when he went on vacation. But she's not smart enough to learn to just .zip them up, and email them to me. :dry:

So with IHG, I just go to the hosting site, open up the album she created, and tell IHG to DL the entire album. After, I go grab something to eat or go outside, or just whatever, while the DL completes.

I'd love it if I could do that with Opera. But, I just haven't found anything that functions as well, as some of the older plugins.

Guest deleted34304850

I'm dealing with it as best I can. I'm trying to help the community and the devs that run it but I'm getting told off because I'm using something that everyone assumes is out of spec, out of date and not worthy of their time.

I pasted the possibly problematic code, a syntax error according to javascript validators, and the answer has been .. "it works in other browsers" .. not .. "thanks for pointing us toward where a problem might be" .. or .. "here's the spec that allows it"

If it were a security issue it would get fixed immediately without blaming the browser for halting at it.

"the community" in this case would be the minority who use a browser that is severely lacking in support and adherence to ever changing web and security standards.

if you want to help "the community", report the issue to the pale moon developers and see what happens.

nothing will happen.

in the time you've taken to die on this hill, have you pulled down another browser to see the page or are you diligently struggling on?

There is a standard for TV transmission that ensures that all televisions can display the broadcasts. But while following that standard the TV needs to be able to deal with minor issues like static.

You have apparently tied your entire being to a TV that, at the first instance of static in the transmission, decides "screw it, I'm shutting the whole thing down and displaying nothing at all".

That's great for you. Have fun with that. But nobody's going to fix non-issues so that your browser can avoid being more robust in how it deals with static.