Skyrim AE GoG - Seperate Game

Leubast

Would it be possible to have Vortex manage the GoG version of Skyrim Anniversary Edition so that I can swap between the Steam and GoG versions easier, similarly to how you would with the LE and VR versions?

Unfortunately, those solutions would not work with my specific issue. I'm going to look into making a Vortex Extension. Wish me luck!

Update: I've got Vortex to see the game separately but it seems that due to them using the same GAME_ID, they still use the same paths for modding.
oL1dOHb.png
I believe I could detach the GoG version from the Nexus's GAME_ID I'm just not sure what the repercussions of that would be. Most likely an inability to download/update mods directly from the site.
Perhaps a Vortex Dev could give me some advice?

Edited by Leubast

I figured that would be the case and probably the best solution. As long as I can manage my mods and work on getting mods from the Steam version to the GoG version with as few hoops as possible. Thank you for your information!

I have attempted to add plugin support and I can kind of see how it could be done, I'm just not experienced enough in coding to do it myself without breaking something (like I did, lol). Without official support for this, it seems like a lost cause. Thank you for the help, I think I learned enough to add basic support for other games, which is a good thing.
Gonna start manually pulling out mods from my Steam version and build a new modlist for the GoG version.