plugin section has disapeared

Kel1978
Go to solution Solved by Kel1978,

The plugin section seems to have disappeared and thus i am unable to activate any plugins. I click sksse and the game launches but the pods are not loaded.

I havn't modded since before the anniversary edition came out. I'm sticking with the SSE and not updating to AE. maby I should just install a pre AE version of vortex.

13hg5.png

The Vortex version and game version are unrelated.

This most often happens when a security app on your PC sabotages the install by deleting critical files.

In Extensions find "Gamebyro Plugin Management" and double click it if there's an error.

In the event the error talks about a missing file, reinstall Vortex with your security apps disabled.

Uninstalled, disabled my av and fw. reinstalled with most recent installer. Same issue.

It just says Failed. No explanation.

Edit: Dbl clicked. error: Failed to load: The specified module could not be found.
\\?\F:\Mods\Win8\Vortex\resources\app.asar.unpacked\bundledPlugins\gamebryo-plugin-management\node-loot.node

I Uninstalled again, installed older version (Vortex (custom install location)-1-0-16-15-1544094741). plugins section is present. I allowed it to update and plugins is gone again and gambryo says failed.

1234.jpg

Edited by Kel1978

i disabled my antivirus and firewall and those are the only security apps i've installed so I've no idea what else it could be. The extention installed just fine from the older version installer. Maby someone should check and make sure the issue isn't with the installer.

I don't know. But looking for explanations outside of your computer probably won't get you anywhere. If it was a problem with the installer it would have been found.

Maybe look through some other posts? I've seen threads before where someone thought they had turned off all their protection programs only to come back and say "turns out to have been XXXXXXX causing the issue". Last time it was even the Brave internet browser that turned out to be guilty of causing someone a problem and no one saw that coming.

tried again. disabled av and fw. Made sure windows defender was disabled. confirmed vortex folder was deleted. Deleted all vortex appdata folders.

same issue

Does anyone else have any ideas?

I've been modding with vortex since it came out and never had this issue before. I don't know what else I can do.

• Solution

Sounds like this issue (solution on the ticket) https://github.com/Nexus-Mods/Vortex/issues/8065

Tannin mentions VC redistributables so I tried installing them again and this time it worked. Why it didn't work before I've no idea.

Edited by Kel1978