Which faction do you dislike the "most"?

StormWolf01

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weird, Mama is the only one trying to help you - though her methods seems to be "non-standard".

The rest? All they want to do is make your existence a misery.

AMEN to that, brother!!

Only Preston is a Minuteman. The very last of 'm (at the start of the game). The others are all civilians. The remaining settlers from 'Jamaica Plains' which the Minutemen tried saving.

Personally I totally dislike mama Junkie. To "far out".

Sturges is the only one who doesn't annoy me.

& I absolutely dislike Marcy way more as Preston. Totally useless & always a big mouth, even if you are just walking by paying 'it' no attention she still thinks she can make dumb comments.

I lost count how many times I shot her in the face in response ...

I put her in a dress, and set her to work farming. :smile:

It's probly already been done. But it makes me think that what she needs is to go into her files, remove her dialog references, change her default expression, and default stance.

Hm. Wonder if I could make her use a mongrel head, while I was at it? :D :laugh: :laugh:

I put her in this. https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/27185

Once.

It made that RBF of hers even worse.

I think a burlap bag would be more suitable.

Oh? You don't like the big heavy rocks in there? Ignore those for a bit. Ok, now we're gonna go for a walk across the bridge. :D

And Jun. Oy Vey...! That sad sorry sack of (excrement) needs to just be put out of his misery.

Maybe her "visions" led her to Lexington because that is where the survivor meets them?

I would not have anything to do with the Railroad, the Institute or Raiders. If the game did not make Preston so annoying I would be ok with the Minute Men. I also like the Gunners, and far down the list is BOS. Raiders are just nuke targets. :smile:

Raiders: Universally 'bad guys'. I kill 'em when I see 'em.

Gunners: Pretty much the same as raiders, with better equipment. :)

RailRoad: A group of folks that think they are 'helping' synths by essentially killing them first. (mind wipe)

BoS: I really don't care for these guys. Their attitude of 'if ya ain't brotherhood, ya ain't nothin'.' really grates on me. And Danse referring to me as 'civilian'?? Good chance that Nate has more combat experience than he does..... but Danse never asks about that..... I build myself a targeting missile launcher (fire and forget) JUST to take out vertibirds..... :D

Minutemen: Yep, Preston is annoying. Makes me The General, then orders me about like a private..... Once I take the castle, I banish Preston to there. I will help out settlements when I come across them though. And go see preston if that's what I need to do to collect the experience, and close the quest. I also run a mod that only allows him to give me ONE quest at a time. If I currently have a MM quest, he does NOT give me another.

Institute: These folks have a pretty dim view of the surface dwellers.... and how they treat them turns me off in a big, big way. I may not directly confront the institute, (and blow them up....) but, I don't join them either, and synths and such are universally hostile to me, so I have zero problems wiping them out when I find 'em.

All that said.... I still think the MM are the best course of action for the commonwealth...... :D

I would not have anything to do with the Railroad, the Institute or Raiders. If the game did not make Preston so annoying I would be ok with the Minute Men. I also like the Gunners, and far down the list is BOS. Raiders are just nuke targets. :smile:

Raiders: Universally 'bad guys'. I kill 'em when I see 'em.

Gunners: Pretty much the same as raiders, with better equipment. :smile:

RailRoad: A group of folks that think they are 'helping' synths by essentially killing them first. (mind wipe)

BoS: I really don't care for these guys. Their attitude of 'if ya ain't brotherhood, ya ain't nothin'.' really grates on me. And Danse referring to me as 'civilian'?? Good chance that Nate has more combat experience than he does..... but Danse never asks about that..... I build myself a targeting missile launcher (fire and forget) JUST to take out vertibirds..... :D

Minutemen: Yep, Preston is annoying. Makes me The General, then orders me about like a private..... Once I take the castle, I banish Preston to there. I will help out settlements when I come across them though. And go see preston if that's what I need to do to collect the experience, and close the quest. I also run a mod that only allows him to give me ONE quest at a time. If I currently have a MM quest, he does NOT give me another.

Institute: These folks have a pretty dim view of the surface dwellers.... and how they treat them turns me off in a big, big way. I may not directly confront the institute, (and blow them up....) but, I don't join them either, and synths and such are universally hostile to me, so I have zero problems wiping them out when I find 'em.

All that said.... I still think the MM are the best course of action for the commonwealth...... :D

Agreed.

The BOS attitude to the population is unacceptable and I am 100% onboard with your comments ot Danse's dialogue.

I always found it unimmersive that Nate didnt reply anything to that.

All other factions are worse than the BOS in one way or another, except the MM who are good guys.

• 3 months later...

Odd take on the whole "killing" a Synth by doing a mind wipe.

They are essentially trying to reprogram them so that they act more like Valentine - which is a GOOD thing.

Otherwise, yeah. Off them all, including Valentine.

Calling the reprogramming of a self-aware sentient being a "good thing" is the odd take, imho.

A personality is defined by its "mind", nothing else. Your experiences and memories define who you are.

By wiping the mind, you wipe (destroy / kill) that personality.

In reality this would result in the synth in question to be 'reset' to 'factory defaults' & then given a new personality to the liking's of the derailed ones.

They are essentially trying to reprogram them so that they act more like Valentine - which is a GOOD thing.

Calling the reprogramming of a self-aware sentient being a "good thing" is the odd take, imho.

A personality is defined by its "mind", nothing else. Your experiences and memories define who you are.

In reality this would result in the synth in question to be 'reset' to 'factory defaults' & then given a new personality to the liking's of the derailed ones.

How do you consider a stock Institute synth "self-aware"?

Explain please.

How do you consider a stock Institute synth "self-aware"?

Explain please.

A "stock institute synth" ?

Some consider themselves slaves and try to escape. After the derailed ones had their hands on them, they even believe themselves to be human, not a synth.

Besides, your opting Valentine & Dema etc, etc, are not "self-aware"?

Dema even tries to make you question yourself ...

Edited by RoNin1971