What if ESO had an offline mode?

billyro

No NDA? good. I wouldn't play it if it were free, I uninstalled after about two hours of play. it's a poor mans Skyrim complete with all that games shortcomings combined with a substandard MMO, why would anyone who can customise the hell out of Skyrim bother with ESO? I can see it being popular on the Xbone and PS4 though.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it fine. Yes it has issues and no MMO will replace single player moddable games as my favorite. However I love to RP and have been looking forward to playing in Tamriel with my friends for a long time. As long as I can enjoy myself in that regard I can forgive a number of sins.

I like it fine. Yes it has issues and no MMO will replace single player moddable games as my favorite. However I love to RP and have been looking forward to playing in Tamriel with my friends for a long time. As long as I can enjoy myself in that regard I can forgive a number of sins.

TOTALLY. I just need to get a rig that'll support the game better.

I kinda like it for some reason.

I agree with Jim in that it is basically a slightly lower standard skyrim with a moderately ok mmo on top with a lot of bugged quests. It does feel, sound, and look like a TES game though.

I do like that it is in the 2nd era. I like I have been to shivering isles and met sheorgorath again, walked through daggerfall, mannimarco is up to tricks, but it's really just a single player game for me so far, I haven't partied with anyone and just solo'd everything pretty much. But it feels very generic in every aspect.

The console crowd might lap this up and keep it afloat, I have doubts about the PC market as they tend to be a bit more discerning in this genre, I'm 50/50 about the PC market. I can guarantee it'll stay subs longer than TOR if anything just on the fact it's going to hit all 3 major platforms so don't expect f2p soon.

Also argonians look like crap.

It's ok but not great.

Whoa, you look cool. :)

Here's my Dunmer:

http://puu.sh/6QOwR.jpg

This was about 7 levels ago, so I have much cooler armour now. :)

Also, I glitched through an invisible wall and got to explore a new zone (Deshaan), and I visited Mournhold. It doesn't look like the one in Morrowind's Tribunal expansion but it was still pretty cool. Also, that zone was largely unfinished (massive drop-offs, no NPCs, no wayshrines etc.) and I was lucky enough to see it all. :P

Got lots of screenshots if anyone is interested (I'm allowed to, right?)

No NDA? good. I wouldn't play it if it were free, I uninstalled after about two hours of play. it's a poor mans Skyrim complete with all that games shortcomings combined with a substandard MMO, why would anyone who can customise the hell out of Skyrim bother with ESO? I can see it being popular on the Xbone and PS4 though.

Totally agree with you. I got one invite, and 2 others so far. I haven't played since my first invite. Got to level 12 or so and uninstalled it. It was 65GB unpacked the first invite, Divines know how much it is now. Not everyone has a TB HDD, much alone a TB SSD. I'm not eating up nearly all my SSD (have a 240GB) for one game that's meidocre at best. How in the heck are they going to do that on the consoles? I don't think console players are going to dedicate half their HDD (or more) for one game. Also, console players essentially pay twice for their internet (Xbox live/PSN subs)...so those poor souls have to pay for their internet, their subscription, and $14.99/month for this game? Don't think that's gonna fly too well :ermm:

I see it as all of those stupid "radiant AI quests" jammed into a huge game that is $60 and 14.99/month after that. Also just ruins the whole "you are the hero of the world" feeling. Feels like your same old substandard cookie cutter MMO with a ES skin on it. Crap combat (first person combat is a joke), no mods...the list goes on.

The music is excellent though, I'll give it that :tongue:

I see it going F2P quickly. They've already over hyped it, over marketed it, and payed god knows how much to all those voice actors (who voice acts an entire MMO, seriously?)....how much money you think they have left to maintain the servers? :tongue:

Edited by Illiad86

It was 65GB unpacked the first invite, Divines know how much it is now. Not everyone has a TB HDD, much alone a TB SSD. I'm not eating up nearly all my SSD (have a 240GB) for one game that's meidocre at best.

Weird. I only downloaded a 20GB archive, and unpacked its about 30GB.

The money is definitely a problem: Zenimax is going to have to do something about that because the game will sink otherwise. I'd be happy paying $5 a month at most, but $15 is a joke (especially for console users, as you say).

I see it as all of those stupid "radiant AI quests" jammed into a huge game that is $60 and 14.99/month after that.

You've gotta admit that the quests in ESO are infinitely more engaging than that of Skyrim. In Skyrim, I barely gave a single s*** about any of the NPCs' problems, but in ESO there is a lot of variety and (strangely) more effect on the world because of the quest completion than a Skyrim counterpart.

Crap combat (first person combat is a joke), no mods...the list goes on.

I think the combat is better than Skyrim's, Oblivion's and Morrowind's. There is the issue of lag which is quite annoying when fighting enemies, but on the whole I think it's ok. Also, the first person combat would be much better if they included a field of view slider in the options (who were the dunces who forgot this crucial function?)

The music is excellent though, I'll give it that :tongue:

Agreed! :thumbsup:

Also, the graphics are 200% better than that of (vanilla) Skyrim. :yes: